Initial Impressions of the TM SCAR-L Recoil Shock AEG System

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In sticking to Gunfighers808 style of Topic Title and Topic Description, this is a very quick initial review of the TM SCAR-L Recoil Shock AEG System released in Japan today. Even though it's released

lol BUT ITS NOT HOW IT IS...   Your just assuming... have you seen one break ?? no you havent, do you know why i know you havent becuase no one has.. if someone had i would know about it.   Not

druid, we gotta have a contest to see who has more TM EBBs! I have the socom and sopmod, i'm selling a few unused AEGs to pick up the TM scar. It's like crack....

Posted Images

my socom shot 305 out of the box but the scar only had 287 avg :(

Honzo, you also need to consider that 287fps is more or less the standard in Japan and perhaps this is why it's firing that. Still if others are doing around 300 fps thats still a mystery. If you know how to take the gearbox apart just check for compression issues. At the end of the day, the difference between 287 and 300 fps is marginal in the field. If the gun is accurate and fires straight, don't worry about it... But if you feel the need to tinker, then go ahead. There are loads of people here that can offer advice.

Honzo, you also need to consider that 287fps is more or less the standard in Japan and perhaps this is why it's firing that. Still if others are doing around 300 fps thats still a mystery.

Don't think there doing domestic and export versions (though if wrong some one please post up) have spoken to two people who've imported direct from Japan and both were firing over 308fps (mine from firesupport was doing 310 out of the box) and haven't come across any one under 305 (again if any ones was different please post up) so I'd have thought 287 is either a faulty gatt or a 'Friday afternoon' build ;-) .

310fps std out of the box... now that's respectable..... :D . I think it's bout time I retired my MASADA.....

Yup 310 , one of the reasons I have absolutely no intention of cracking mine open to 'tinker' ! Most deffinetly a case of 'not broke don't fix' .

Funnily enuff sale of a Masada whent a long way to paying for my Scar ! :-)

• Like 1

Tk, i was thinking that too. The gun seems to shoot far and well (like my socom/sopmods) and i doubt this guy would tinker with it and try to sell it to me falsely. It could be possibly that he forgot to leave the spring decompressed after use. Now im trying to think if the chrono actually read 287 or 297 haha.

I've had two stock sopmods shoot 300 even and at times 297. The only recoil aeg i had shooting over 300 was my socom (but i bought that brand new from echigoya). So i believe druid if he says theres probably not an import version vs another. Hmmmmm, i dont want to tinker with it and mess it up even more! I'm terrible with these things :P

what to do.....

As Druid says, If it ain't broke don't fix it. Most people complain about faults only after they've "worked" on them.

Aye tis true..... mind you it's sure as hell fun trying.... :)

I got obssessed with my SOPMOD not doing 345fps and spent weeks literally to get it to where I wanted it... and then I sold it! Duh!

Now i'm gonna take the SOCOM apart and get that doing 345fps..... well at some point I will....

Anyway, back on topic.... :)

Edited by TK4235

That mad doesn't look that great, look at the bb area, it looks like someone took a file to it. Also is the mag plastic? Doesnt look metal. Overall I don't see it being worth saving only $10 (usd) for a cheapy looking magazine.

Edited by akiraspeedstar

My stock sopmod m4 is only shooting 0.49 joules

I haven't done any upgrading, just using stock marui batteries

One thing though, I noticed one of the pins in the receiver (not the big one, its labelled NGM4-23) has fallen out, I put it down to a cosmetic peice since the gun still functions, could it somehow be causing the problem, or is it a problem with my gearbox?

One thing though, I noticed one of the pins in the receiver (not the big one, its labelled NGM4-23) has fallen out, I put it down to a cosmetic peice since the gun still functions, could it somehow be causing the problem, or is it a problem with my gearbox?

No no, it's not cosmetic. It pins the gearbox to the receiver.... get a replacement....

ill try to get a chrono and get an accurate reading on this scar.

btw, can anyone comment on those cheap mags? i was thinking along the same lines as akira. the genuine mags have been so good to me despite how many times ive drop them (sometimes on hard concrete, not that i mean to!)

Is it the trigger lock pin?

They seem to fall out fairly often, to the point that Laylax makes a screw in version.

http://laylax.wn.shopserve.jp/SHOP/4560282765425.html

Is it the trigger lock pin?

They seem to fall out fairly often, to the point that Laylax makes a screw in version.

http://laylax.wn.shopserve.jp/SHOP/4560282765425.html

It's the same pin in the sopmod/socom (above the trigger)... best preventative measure is a small bit of black insulation tape over each end...or tan or DE whatever your gun colour is.. :D

So i was moving boxes and i saw the TM scar L box in the closet. One thing that i did not notice before is that you see, on the side, three flags (countries) then it says "next generation aeg". I see a US flag, japan, and china. obviously, they have a japan flag since it's japanese made. I guess the american is there because of the rifle itself being US socom based. Where does the china flag fit in? Just curious

Here's mine.

qot6ie.jpg

Tokyo Marui Next Generation Scar-L

Prometheus Hard Piston for Marui Gearbox New Version SCAR

LayLax Adjustable Length Outer Barrel for Tokyo Marui Scar-L

Prometheus Stainless Hard Cylinder Type C

Prometheus Piston Head for Marui Gearbox New V2

Prometheus Air Seal Nozzle for Marui Gearbox New V2

Prometheus Aero Cylinder Head for Marui Gearbox New V2

Prometheus Bearing Spring Guide for SOPMOD M4 (New Ver.2)

Prometheus EG Double Torque Hard Gear Set for Marui Shoot & Recoil New Ver.1/2

Lonex Cut-Off Lever for Marui M4 Gearbox New V2 AEG

Lonex Enhanced Anti-Reversal Latch for Marui M4 Gearbox New V2 AEG

Prometheus 6mm Bearing Axle Hole

Prometheus 6.05 ASH Barrel for G36K/M733/MC51+/M1A1 AEG (300mm)

SpecterDR sty 4X Magnifier Scope w/ Illuminated Dot

Madbull Noveske KFH

Magpul XTM Rail Panels

VFC EGLM 40mm Grenade Launcher For SCAR ASC MK16

Airsoft Research Syndicate Cylinder Head Sorbo

Eagle6 Airsoft M120 spring for Marui Gearbox New V2

G&P M160 motor

Edited by Interficium