Initial Impressions of the TM SCAR-L Recoil Shock AEG System

The SCAR-H receiver is about an inch longer than the L. The military is currently fielding a 5.56mm conversion kit for the Heavy, however the Mk16 receiver can not be upgraded to 7.62mm. This is one of the reasons SOCOM no longer needs the SCAR-L, when the Mk17 can shoot both calibers and everything in between.

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In sticking to Gunfighers808 style of Topic Title and Topic Description, this is a very quick initial review of the TM SCAR-L Recoil Shock AEG System released in Japan today. Even though it's released

lol BUT ITS NOT HOW IT IS...   Your just assuming... have you seen one break ?? no you havent, do you know why i know you havent becuase no one has.. if someone had i would know about it.   Not

druid, we gotta have a contest to see who has more TM EBBs! I have the socom and sopmod, i'm selling a few unused AEGs to pick up the TM scar. It's like crack....

Posted Images

can that scar H mag be used in SOPMOD and SOCOM rifles? (and vice versa) It should still have the same magazines compatibility i believe. maybe just a new designed mag for the scar H?

:huh:

Do you mean the SCAR-L? The SOCOM/SOPMOD use 5.56 style mags, same as the L variant of the SCAR. The SCAR-H is a 7.62 weapon, the magazines are totally different, much much wider.

yeah, so this means that the scar H will have another set of proprietary mags and cant accept the socom/sopmod mags??!! or just that one specific mag (that comes with the scar H) that's suppose to chamber the 7.62 just wont fit in the sopmod/socom? just want to make sure because this will be a big factor to picking up that scar H!

Right..

The SOPMOD and all its' derivatives, as well as the SCAR-L and all its' variants, all accept the same type of mag. One that is styled after the real steel 30 round 5.56x45mm NATO magazine.

The SCAR-H, is, in real life, a rifle chambered to fire 7.62x51mm ammunition. This means that its' magazine is far winder and also slightly shorter than the 5.56 mags. If you already own a SOPMOD or SCAR-L, then you will need new mags if you intend to pick up the SCAR-H.

Hopefully these clear side-on views of the weapons will help to demonstrate:

M4large.jpg

FN_SCAR-H_(Standard).jpg

Since this is still a review thread but has quickly become a discussion thread. I hope there's someone here who can answer a couple of my queries..

1. After a recent game at MAW, I noticed that two screws on one side of my rifle (The two near the rear of the reciever, next to the stock) managed to rattle themselves loose :o

Will loosing these effect the rifle? And is there anywhere I can grab replacements?

2. If anyone has experience, I'd really appreciate a picture based takedown guide, even if it's dead simple in it's instruction..

Cheers!

Personally I think that looks awful, I'd much rather see a new magpul or other pistol grip that actually fits the TM scar..

I have to agree with you, call me a simpleton but I think the standard look of the Scar is awesome and can't see why it would need to be improved! but thats just me...

Yep, I love it's dolphin like appearance. Adding a standard m4 stock to it kind of makes it look like an m4, drawn by a child, from memory.

About the foregrip, Ive got an RVG on mine and I think it looks the tits, perfect size and appearance for me. And tbh, I don't think I'll be putting any more accessories on it. This weekend at MAW I even took the dot sight off, the irons are better than any dot.

Just wish I could replace that damn oversized m4 pistol grip, gives me claw-hand after a few hours use and the finish has already turned shiny :(

Haha, I hadn't seen the dolphin until you posted that. Still, I like it, its another way to make your scar unique-ish, plus I have a new way to appreciate dolphins! It is all about personal choose though in the end as with everything airsoft!

I think a big draw back with the scar L is the weird pistol pistol grip design, TM, for what ever reason they did it that way, have just made things difficult.

I'm sure we'll see pistol grips produced for it eventually, especially if the TM SCAR-H is made with the same pistol grip design.