Initial Impressions of the TM SCAR-L Recoil Shock AEG System

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In sticking to Gunfighers808 style of Topic Title and Topic Description, this is a very quick initial review of the TM SCAR-L Recoil Shock AEG System released in Japan today. Even though it's released

lol BUT ITS NOT HOW IT IS...   Your just assuming... have you seen one break ?? no you havent, do you know why i know you havent becuase no one has.. if someone had i would know about it.   Not

druid, we gotta have a contest to see who has more TM EBBs! I have the socom and sopmod, i'm selling a few unused AEGs to pick up the TM scar. It's like crack....

Posted Images

Even with the longer barrel extension I found no wobble. The inner barrel inside it is very snug so with the two barrels together there is no movement. I also have the L CQB, a team mate has the long L and we have found no noticable wobble. To be honest I think its just nit picking rather than a serious fault.

Great to know, I take it the Scar stock is the same on all the models?

Can you recommend what brand and model of lipo you are using, I wan't to make sure I'm using a decent battery, as this is my first AEG any advice on what use I should get out of that lipo, I reckon I go through around 3000 to 5000 bb's in a days gaming.

I guess my last point is have you had any issues with using lipo's, seems to still be a few people saying they woulnd't use them and still running nimh batteries.

In 10+ years of airsofting I have only ever seen 2 battery fires, and they were both nimh batteries! Just treat lipo's with respect and you can't go wrong. The radio controlles hobbyists have been using them for years. Best place in the Uk I've found for lipo's is http://www.component-shop.co.uk/html/airsoft_li-po.html and this is the link for their lipo page. The one I use is the one on offer for £15.95.

Yep thats the one. On hint remove the hinged wire guide in the scar stock it makes cramming the wires in easier. Just twist it and it will pop out. As long as your battery dimensions are the same or less as a standard 8.4 mini battrey they wil fit. You will have the change the battery connector that the gun comes with to deans connectors but its well worth it.

Thanks for the link and advice, I take it that it's this model? 7.4V 2200mAh 35C+ continuous discharge

77A continuous, 150A burst, 101.1 x 35.5 x 16.1mm weight 115g, priced at £15,50, http://www.component-shop.co.uk/html/ln2s35c2200.html

Just want to ensure I get the right dimmensions lipo

This lipo is pretty good as I use these in my Masada and it easily lasts a full day! Great value for money just make sure you get yourself a decent lipo charger which can balance. (Turnigy or IMAX B6)

This lipo is pretty good as I use these in my Masada and it easily lasts a full day! Great value for money just make sure you get yourself a decent lipo charger which can balance. (Turnigy or IMAX B6)

Cheers, I have a good balance charger from RC car so pretty handy really, I'll get two of them at that price, always good to carry a spare.

Pics in the box and the main difference from the L

Just put a long 6.03 tight barrel in it and the average fps is now 317fps. Barrel can just be seen inside the flash hider, about 4mm.

So dude, which one would you recommend to get, L or H?? I'm struggling to decide which one to get...

Personally I'm going with the L, mainly on the basis that my mate is getting the M4 Sopmod with we can switch mags in game if I stick with the L version. The option on the barrels for the H is tempting though.

If you like the changeable barrel option of the H you can all ways get the laylax replacement barrel later on , it's a two part barrel so you could chop and change your L .

If you like the changeable barrel option of the H you can all ways get the laylax replacement barrel later on , it's a two part barrel so you could chop and change your L .

Yeah I think I saw that on Echigoya's site, not sure if it's available in the UK, what exactly does it enable you to do?

Even with everything I saved a good £150 quid by doing it. Just tell them to put your UKARA number on the outside of the package and it's no problem. From door to door it took 9 days, most of that was working it's way through customs. Echigoya use EMS which Parcel Farce are affiliated with, and shipping is worked out by weight. Mine would have been even cheaper, but had a load of magazines and other stuff with it.