Initial Impressions of the TM SCAR-L Recoil Shock AEG System

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In sticking to Gunfighers808 style of Topic Title and Topic Description, this is a very quick initial review of the TM SCAR-L Recoil Shock AEG System released in Japan today. Even though it's released

lol BUT ITS NOT HOW IT IS...   Your just assuming... have you seen one break ?? no you havent, do you know why i know you havent becuase no one has.. if someone had i would know about it.   Not

druid, we gotta have a contest to see who has more TM EBBs! I have the socom and sopmod, i'm selling a few unused AEGs to pick up the TM scar. It's like crack....

Posted Images

I'd have to err on the H as you have the choice of either a full length barrel or a short cqb in the one package. It's fairly easy to change the inner barrel, about a 15minute job. It comes with a 300mm cqb one in it.

Ok, I think the barrel options swing it for me too! Looks like I'll have to find myself a TM SCAR H when I visit Hong Kong!

Apologies if this is in the wrong spot, but I am selling my SCAR-L CQC Tan for 38,000 yen. Bought beginning of December when I thought the tan RECCE was going to be delayed, but then bought the RECCE a few weeks later, and haven't pulled the SCAR out of it's box since. I fielded it once.

Comes with original box, manual, etc. PM me if interested and I can get you a shipping quote for EMS.

419882_335705126479775_100001208726599_1008248_429496277_n.jpg

427533_335705109813110_100001208726599_1008247_2146305937_n.jpg

Edited by GingaNinga
  • Like 1

What's your thoughts on running the Scar on these, they are in stock and seem like a good price.

Gens Ace 2200 2S1P 30C Lipo Battery

Weight: 127g

Capacity: 2300mAh

Voltage: 2S1P (7.4v) 2 cell

Discharge Rate: 20-30C

Size: 100x35x16mm (including cell spacers for ventilation)

Charge Plug: JST-XH

http://www.giantcod.co.uk/gens-2200-2s1p-lipo-battery-p-406445.html

What's your thoughts on running the Scar on these, they are in stock and seem like a good price.

Gens Ace 2200 2S1P 30C Lipo Battery

Weight: 127g

Capacity: 2300mAh

Voltage: 2S1P (7.4v) 2 cell

Discharge Rate: 20-30C

Size: 100x35x16mm (including cell spacers for ventilation)

Charge Plug: JST-XH

http://www.giantcod.co.uk/gens-2200-2s1p-lipo-battery-p-406445.html

Just tried one of these and they DO NOT FIT, they are mislabelled and are too long.

Stewpidbear, damn you beat me too it, posting up pics of your scar H. I've had mine for about 3 weeks now, though I've just been too damn lazy to do a review! I took the pics for a review but then got side tracked playing with it!

Love the gun, pretty much he same chrono readings as mine ootb.

Accuracy, stock, is very good, man sized target e dry time at 57 meters, and further if you drop the bb's on target.

Wrong thread I know, but is the H the same take down wise as the L? I haven't dared try to take it apart yet and I have a TBB I want to put into it.

Also you say 363mm is longest barrel you can fit? thats with the shortest barrel extension I assume you mean, as with the longer barrel extension I'm thinking I could fit a 400 mm inner barrel in (longer with the flash hider) as the barrel is stated to be a 16" extension.

Anyway, on topic, anyone have a take down guide for the L (assuming the SCAR H does step the same!)

Edited by Number5

To change the inner barrel, is relatively straight forward. Undo the screw on the top rail under the back sight, the 4 screws(2 either side) nearest to the stock on the sides of the upper receiver and the 6 screws (3 either side) that are held by the 2 black plastic studs just in front of the ejection/hop cover. You will need both hex/allen keys and a torx key. When all the screws are out gently slide the upper forward and off. The whole barrel assembly can then be turned 90 degress and slid out. Be careful when you do it as there is plastic spacer (about 1/2 inch long) that will probably stay in the receiver.It is very importantthat the barrel goes back through it when you put the barrel back as it helps the barrel and hop push against the gear box assembly. With the long outer barrel on it I've managed to fit a 455mm inner barrel that goes to the end of the barrel and can't be seen in the flash hider.

Does anyone know if you can use Guarder springs in these if you can't get hold of the Eagle 6 ones?. Was thinking that the Guarder ones as their shorter than standard ones might work. Bascillly need 2 M90's.

Theoretically any standard AEG spring will work as long as you clip it to size.