Initial Impressions of the TM SCAR-L Recoil Shock AEG System

Its not hard you just have to take out a lot of screws. After you take out the outer barrel with the hop-up(about 10 screws), you'll need to take out 5(I think) screws near the stock on the receiver. Then you can take out the lower part entirely since the cables can be disconnected there(I think you can pull out the wires left in the stock through it). Also there are some small parts(the recoil weight) on the gearbox you have to watch out for. But here is a video.

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In sticking to Gunfighers808 style of Topic Title and Topic Description, this is a very quick initial review of the TM SCAR-L Recoil Shock AEG System released in Japan today. Even though it's released

lol BUT ITS NOT HOW IT IS...   Your just assuming... have you seen one break ?? no you havent, do you know why i know you havent becuase no one has.. if someone had i would know about it.   Not

druid, we gotta have a contest to see who has more TM EBBs! I have the socom and sopmod, i'm selling a few unused AEGs to pick up the TM scar. It's like crack....

Posted Images

Picked up a scar h today. Very happy with it so far. Recoil shocks are just much more fun.

Looking for a battery now - is the little latch/hinge looking thing at the top of the stock (see photo) important? Me thinks by removing it I can squeeze a larger size batt into the stock. From the looks of things it doesn't seem important.

Also does anyone's stock squeak like mad? Even touching the stock ever so slightly makes it squeak.

ena6ybap.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep the stock on my SCAR H is very squeaky. For mine if you squeeze the stock gently near where it pivots for the cheek rest, that's where the sound usually comes from. I messed around with it a bit and bracing that area with a rubber band seems to help a little but I couldn't really eliminate it. 

A small niggle that I can overlook as the rest of the gun is amazing. :)

As far as the hinge, I don't think it's important. I think it's some kind of wire guide for the battery - does swinging it out and over the battery after installation not give enough space for you? I could almost squeeze in a 2200mah pack, but my battery has an excess of wire which takes up too much space.

try and clean one of the old mags first.  whats the history has the gun been taken apart before?

I would try making sire the gearbox and hop unit are seated correctly.  sometimes taking it apart and reassembling it is enough to fix.

failing that you could try, new tappet plate, incase the old is not retracting enough.

or mag release catch, incase the old is worn and the mags are being held in to low.  if a mate has a doner gun you can quickly try the mag catch its just one screw.

yeah bit lucky timing really, today ill be listing every single part from the FDE SCAR L manual.  Descriptions wont be pretty, my fav was a "SCAR L plastic bit in the stock" :/  My continuing mission to list every part from the manuals for all tm, and we start with scar.  A lot of SCAR L parts work with SCAR H, but i have found it easier listing parts for specific guns now.  

example, Tokyo Marui - SCAR L Mag Release Catch For SCAR Next Generation RS Series this is part SCAR-54 in the manual and in the SCAR H manual its part SCAR-113.  I bet you a million pounds they are the same.  But theres sometimes subtile little differences, other times theres no diff, so im going to list tm parts in the format ***gun its from - Part description - Series of gun it could fit ie SCAR or M4 Series***.

I want a format which includes the chance of TM in may releasing yet another variant to a series.  ie another scar or another HK or another m4.  A lot of the parts will fit that same SERIES of guns.

Also reduced prices as im sourcing from a cheaper place in japan.  All the manual parts are in a spread sheet now, well they are for scar, still have to do the others, so there's no guestimating prices.  Its all auto matic now based on whatever the supplier charges so theoretically i can cut the margins closer know that technically im still covering costs.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

As much as i love my TM Scar-L i have just bought a replacement for it, Stepping away from Recoil and i didn't really get on that well with the Scar platform, Back to the old common AR15 Variants for me. 

Might get another recoil at some point though if TM release something a bit different, Or maybe just the GBBR M4 they will soon have 

• 4 weeks later...

Can anyone atest to the quality of the Laylax aftermarket screws or shell deflector? 

Got one of these second hand that had a faulty rear half of the wiring hairness (finger's crossed that was all it was) and I'm about to place a order with Eagle6 for the part but I figured to save on shipping I may as well get any Laylax parts that should be picked up.

So the shell deflector had snapped off in shipping so I'm curious on if Laylax's holds up as they claim and if there replacement scews or frame lock pin are worth the investment or are just overkill. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Richard Y,

Did you guys ever find any aftermarket parts that would offer a greater feeling of recoil from this system? I know that the AR15 series has a selection of different springs available to offer more or less recoil but I couldn't find anything on your site indicating that there was anything for the Scar. 

Also is there any differences in the lower receivers between the Mk16 and Mk17 besides the enlarged magazine well? I may in the future decide to swap out my lower for a black one to match my VFCs but would like to know if I would be able to swap calibers as well without needing anything else besides the lower.