New Technologies in Airsoft

AirsoftBuyer1234

If you want to bring a new element to the game, it really has to be a part of the game. You cant go saying "no your not allowed to shoot at it or touch it" - thats just childish.

Ofcourse having someone come running in and kicking your RC into a bush is out of order, but I would take great pleasure in going over and turning it upside down, or putting tape over your camera.

As for the remote helicopters - they really are a *badgeress* to fly. Doing it solely based off what you can see from a camera will not work well, and on almost all sites for you to be able to see the heli you are going to be exposed. I dont see it working well at all.

I would have no objections to someone trying though, but you have to expect it to get shot at. Again, I would take great pleasure lighting you up whilst you try and fly a heli around above me.

• 4 weeks later...

If you want to bring a new element to the game, it really has to be a part of the game. You cant go saying "no your not allowed to shoot at it or touch it" - thats just childish.

Ofcourse having someone come running in and kicking your RC into a bush is out of order, but I would take great pleasure in going over and turning it upside down, or putting tape over your camera.

As for the remote helicopters - they really are a *badgeress* to fly. Doing it solely based off what you can see from a camera will not work well, and on almost all sites for you to be able to see the heli you are going to be exposed. I dont see it working well at all.

I would have no objections to someone trying though, but you have to expect it to get shot at. Again, I would take great pleasure lighting you up whilst you try and fly a heli around above me.

second the above;

I certainly wouldn't want to be held responsible for damage to such expensive equipment.

I would go so far as to say that it would discourage me from going to a particular site where these are being used; both from the perspective that I don't want to pay a massive bill for repairs and also because IMO it would be unfair.

I say buy yourself one of the cheap ones and try your hand at flying (probably indoors) for a while. I have a couple of these and I think once you realize how incredibly hard these things are to fly (even without trying to multi-task on getting surveillance or avoiding incoming fire!), you might decide to abandon the idea. Or maybe not – maybe you'll come up with a better idea for them that works. My dad has several thousand dollars invested in choppers of all types and sizes, and is quite skilled with them, and even he accidentally crashed one at a demonstration and clipped a woman in the shoulder with a rotor blade. She was fine but he was lucky he's insured for quite a bit of money on that stuff.

Personally, I think one of the styrofoam-based semi-gliders might be a more realistic, less-likely-to-hurt-someone choice.

• 1 month later...

Here is the problem with UAVs in airsoft, you can't easily shoot them down. Modern militaries can target UAVs and bring them down and low firing UAVs can even be hit by ground fire in real life, but airsoft rifles don't have that kind of range. I don't think it would be very fair that you get a Bird's eye view without anyone able to challenge it. I mean if that's the case I guess folks would have to purchase anti-UAV UAVs to fly up and get the enemy UAVs and then suddenly we've got a RC plane war not an airsoft conflict.

Archived