Initial Impressions of the TM PX4 GBB Pistol

Really so? Zero performance gain?

I would like to up the FPS as much as I can.

So far -

6.03 TB Inner Barrel

Nine Ball Hop Rubber

LPE Mag Shims

Propane

Currently shooting at about 260fps .25gs @ 8C

Anything else?

Edited by bankz5152
  • Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

after read this thread I'm going to buy TM PX4...its seem fun and don't mine add another pistol collection

It's helpful to mention what temperature you are using green gas (propane); I imagine it's fairly cool in the UK and I understand gas pistols work well with propane there.   With propane (or any pro

To take out the trigger...hell I was going to explain it, just follow this video : )     If there is anything you're not sure about, do ask.

Posted Images

Yep; The theory behind hi flows (from what i understand - more details in the just handguns section) is flawed. Something to do with only so much gas can get into the BBU - Think of the BBU as a bottleneck, no matter how much gas you throw at it only a set amount is going to get through.

I'm sure that's not the most accurate description, but i've read various research and results showing they do nothing - Check out the P226 upgrades thread in the just handguns bit for more info.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone use the PX4 with .25`s are higher?

A friend of mine owns a PX4 and says that with anything over .2`s he gets very little range.

Seeing as he uses .25`s for everything it is an annoyance.

I run .3's in mine - The problem is the pistol only puts out 240-260FPS on green, so it doesn't really have the oomph to sling anything heavier. Get the nineball rubber, LPE shims and a tightbore and it'll put you up to a decent FPS level. Mine is a tack driver with a .3 now, it sends them miiiiiiiiles. The nineball rubber is probably the key part though, it's got a lot more hop to give than the stock TM rubber.

Any feedback on the long-term reliability with green gas?

I have read from some reviews (also in the Redwolf site) that it "can take green gas" - is this true?

It seems to have the same hard kick system as the FN 5-7 (although I could well be wrong), and I'm worried that the same problems might occur (lots of problems reported with parts going pretty quickly due to the extra stresses from green gas).

Any views?

Any feedback on the long-term reliability with green gas?

I have read from some reviews (also in the Redwolf site) that it "can take green gas" - is this true?

It seems to have the same hard kick system as the FN 5-7 (although I could well be wrong), and I'm worried that the same problems might occur (lots of problems reported with parts going pretty quickly due to the extra stresses from green gas).

Any views?

Mine has done 2,000 rounds now without a hitch. Today, i blatted folk like it was going out of fashion with the thing. It's literally TM's best pistol to date - The plastic used is tough, feels sturdy and feels very polymerish. The frame is re-inforced, there's a 3 part recoil buffer, the inner barrel and hop just sits inside the outer barrel, the BBU is simple and the mags are solid. Honestly, it's amazing - Everything feels positive and clicks into place, it shoots brilliantly and is very well designed. TM have really put some work into this.

It's helpful to mention what temperature you are using green gas (propane); I imagine it's fairly cool in the UK and I understand gas pistols work well with propane there.

With propane (or any propellant with low boiling points), 40°F will give you very different results compared to 80°F; at very high temperatures you might start to see failures in stock pistols while perfectly fine in cooler regions.

If you're unsure about what propellant to use, I would recommend chrono'ing it. I've found that unmodified Marui pistols are most reliable when it's shooting in the 275fps range using .25's.

Hope this helps - good luck!

Edited by Dondi
  • Like 1

That's a very good point - Over here, the PX4 works fine in the cold, but it's a little sluggish and the slide doesn't always lock when it gets to a few degrees celsius with green gas. Still, today i'd say it was about 16-17 degrees, and it was kicking 260ish - However, at room temperature it's only around 270. Still, that's in the UK obviously, but the PX4 is very well built. A lot of the rounds i've fired have been in the low 20 degree room temperature of my house - I can't yet see any signs of stress or damage anywhere on the pistol. There's paint wear on the slide rails and the like of course, but no evidence of any kind of cracking or stresses as yet.

Probably not a good idea to use it if it's 30 degrees outside, but i reckon it'll stand up fine as long as you don't go over 25 degrees celsius.

*edit* - Should mention that chrono reading is with a .2; Due to the PX4's fairly short inner barrel it's around 250-270 as opposed to the 290ish of the 1911's and similar sized guns.

Edited by hwagan

Ive been using propane when its about 10 - 12C though I warm up the mags on a hot water bottle not had any trouble 1.5K rds later.

It is an incredably well built pistol, the most common thing im asked when people pick it up is - 'Is it metal or what'?

The EA Custom isn't worth it. Like bankz5152 said, the slide doesn't even have correct trademarks. And if Guarder does what they did with the Glock 17 and FN 5-7, we should see a fully trademarked frame for the PX4.

I'm love real trademarks and would love real Beretta Tridents logos rather than those TM ones. Get a stock one, and if you want a metal slide, Shooters Design, PGC might release them sometime later this year.

RA-Tech has released a CNC slide. Hoping for real trademarks because they got the Px4 Storm instead of the Px4 Custom. Weird that both Ra Tech and Tokyo-model are only showing the right side. I emailed RA-Tech about it, hope to get an answer and a picture =)

http://en.ratech.com.tw/product/html/rag/rag_marui_detail/rag_we_marui_013.php

http://www.tokyo-model.com.hk/ecshop/goods.php?id=7600

• 3 weeks later...

Just the the GBB last night. Its a beaut!

Note of caution though: The first one I tried at the store had a bad mag (didn't feed properly).

Can't wait to play CQB with it.

So will a Nineball inner barrel and hop up sleeve will improve it significantly (any comparisons available)? As well, is it easy to take it apart (I'm a pistol newb)

Edited by Chiba

Just the the GBB last night. Its a beaut!

Note of caution though: The first one I tried at the store had a bad mag (didn't feed properly).

Can't wait to play CQB with it.

So will a Nineball inner barrel and hop up sleeve will improve it significantly (any comparisons available)? As well, is it easy to take it apart (I'm a pistol newb)

Million quid says the mag wasn't feeding because the stack went the wrong way - I had a failure to feed in a game the other day as i'd stacked the rounds right to left instead of left to right - Causes the follower to jam to one side in the channel and thusly stop feeding.

As for the Nineball barrel and hop, the improvement is very noticeable - In stock form, the gun lacks the oomph to properly hop a .3, and will send a .25 to a useable range of about 40 metres, with the BB dropping around the 50 mark. With the nineball hop and barrel you get 10 extra yards on those figures, using a .3 instead of a .25. Really does turn this thing into a primary weapon - People at my local site are making jokes about the fact me and the other 2 guys with Nineballed PX4's should be made to take the sniper proficiency test :P

Not yet, it's crying out for one though! Should work quite well with the rotating barrel design as well - I'm hoping guarder get off their *albatross* and start making frames and barrels and slides already...

*edit* Bankz - Can you get some photos up of your custom Kydex holster for the PX4? Mine fits nicely in a Safariland for a 226 with the laser i've got fitted to it, but i'm not a fan of the draw method.

Edited by hwagan

Of course!

Excuse the crappy pics, I did them just as I was packing up for a game tomorrow. If you want Ill do some higher quality ones tomorrow night or Sunday. Also the blet mount ive done was rushed and crappy just cba to change it.

Took a little while for my holster to 'ware in' though now it can be drawn in a split second.

IMG_5135.jpg

IMG_5129.jpg

The markings are still off. The Serial number should be "PX####@" - where @ is a letter. My real Px4 is PX####G.

Also - it only shows the right side of the slide. The left side was butchered more - it should have a Beretta logo and say Beretta, and have the correct writing like how I detailed in my thread.

The markings on the barrel are still wrong - it says 9 Para - it should say 9x19. Again, the Serial # is off.

Of course!

Excuse the crappy pics, I did them just as I was packing up for a game tomorrow. If you want Ill do some higher quality ones tomorrow night or Sunday. Also the blet mount ive done was rushed and crappy just cba to change it.

Took a little while for my holster to 'ware in' though now it can be drawn in a split second.

What flashlight do you have on yours? I've been looking for a good holster for when I have my Streamlight on:

TLR-1s.jpg

Was thinking about getting a Raven holster - especially for concealed carry. It can take the Px4 with a flashlight.

http://www.ravenconcealmentsystems.com/product_info.php?cPath=82_85_93&products_id=1579

• Like 1