Initial Impressions of the TM PX4 GBB Pistol

Million quid says the mag wasn't feeding because the stack went the wrong way - I had a failure to feed in a game the other day as i'd stacked the rounds right to left instead of left to right - Causes the follower to jam to one side in the channel and thusly stop feeding.

As for the Nineball barrel and hop, the improvement is very noticeable - In stock form, the gun lacks the oomph to properly hop a .3, and will send a .25 to a useable range of about 40 metres, with the BB dropping around the 50 mark. With the nineball hop and barrel you get 10 extra yards on those figures, using a .3 instead of a .25. Really does turn this thing into a primary weapon - People at my local site are making jokes about the fact me and the other 2 guys with Nineballed PX4's should be made to take the sniper proficiency test :P

:D I guess I'll have to dish out the doh. As for the mag BB stack.. hmm, it could be I guess. Anyways, its not an issue as they opened another box up for me :D

FYI!: The cost of the mags went up these past few days.

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

after read this thread I'm going to buy TM PX4...its seem fun and don't mine add another pistol collection

It's helpful to mention what temperature you are using green gas (propane); I imagine it's fairly cool in the UK and I understand gas pistols work well with propane there.   With propane (or any pro

To take out the trigger...hell I was going to explain it, just follow this video : )     If there is anything you're not sure about, do ask.

Posted Images

This is my flashlight absolutley exellent, especially the 20/second strobe feature!

Molle wise Id fit it on to This for a solid secure lock as Ive not had the best luck using making molle attachments though I could have a go for you.

Would only take up the space of the pistol really.

Hey guys.

I'm vaugley considering one of these as a uh... late birthday present for myself, but student funds are not helpful. That said, my current pistol is a battered old P99 that doesn't really shoot very well.

My options are:

-splooge £200 on an awesome sexy pistol and mags and stuff

-get one of these fabled nineball hopup rubbers and put it in my old sexy pistol to make it more awesome

Obviously I'm leaning towards the second, as it's far cheaper, what would you guys recommend?

Edited by Forti

This is my flashlight absolutley exellent, especially the 20/second strobe feature!

Molle wise Id fit it on to This for a solid secure lock as Ive not had the best luck using making molle attachments though I could have a go for you.

Would only take up the space of the pistol really.

Yeah that's the Blackhawk SERPA STRIKE Molle attachment. I bought that for mine. Gotta try it out.

• 3 weeks later...

Here's something new:

http://www.uncompany.com/pageproductdetails.asp?prodid=29402

http://www.uncompany.com/pageproductdetails.asp?prodid=29403

Some Taiwanese OEM is making full upper slide kits with a metal slide for $71. Suh-weet.

Edited by aznriptide859

Just got my hand on one of these yesterday. Build quality is very, very impressive. Very solid, and even with the magazine removed, it feels like you've actually got something in your hand. Finish is as good as everyone has stated and better than the pistols listed below.

Compared this to my other TM purchases this year: G17, G18c and Five-Seven. All are super pistols and feel solid, but this PX4 just molds into the hand and points more naturally. Nice sights! Slide doesnt snap as nice as the Five-Seven (not many do), but still better than my old stand by the TM P226 (however, the new E2 model is supposed to be better-we shall see).

Have used Duster and Propane, with naturally differences in velocity, however, accuracy doesnt seem to be effected. While its accuracy is not that of my G17, it still does well and is very close to the Five-Seven. Love the full metal inner rail as someday I expect a nice metal slide may someday find its way on this pistol.

The selective back-strap is very nice. The small one give me somewhat the same feel as my RS Hi-Power. The large reminds me of the P226 and the medium (which seems to fit me best, even with large hands) feels like my RS 1911A1 with the flat mainspring housing.

All in all, this is one of those pistols that I may actually add another to the collection.

Sorry for the double post, but is anyone else noticing that this thing eats gas really quickly? I can only get about 30-31 shots off on a single 6-8 second fill of green gas(identical results in both mags). The initial reviewer said he got 50-60 shots. Am I not loading enough gas? Could it have to do with the fact that I am using .3's? The mags were only a bit cold when I reloaded them.

Scar

Sorry for the double post, but is anyone else noticing that this thing eats gas really quickly? I can only get about 30-31 shots off on a single 6-8 second fill of green gas(identical results in both mags). The initial reviewer said he got 50-60 shots. Am I not loading enough gas? Could it have to do with the fact that I am using .3's? The mags were only a bit cold when I reloaded them.

Scar

could be down to a few things like time between each shot etc you tend to shoot faster when some ones shooting back at u not like plinking in the back garden. I fill my mags until the gas just starts to escape from the fill valve then i know its full i can get more than 30 shots off on one fill with maybe 1 or 2 second game between shots, the weight of bb wouldnt make a difference to the amount of gas you use per shot as the blow back unit only allows set amount of gas in the camber per shot. what would effect gas use would be a heavier slide stronger recoil spring etc

So should I try to fill it for more than 6-8 seconds? When Plinking, I normally wait about a second between each shot. Occasionally I do a rapid fire but that erally doesn' make to much of a difference, maybe one shot less or so. And BOTH of my mags do this. It is also completely stock. I'll give it a go loading it with more gas.

• Like 1

So should I try to fill it for more than 6-8 seconds? When Plinking, I normally wait about a second between each shot. Occasionally I do a rapid fire but that erally doesn' make to much of a difference, maybe one shot less or so. And BOTH of my mags do this. It is also completely stock. I'll give it a go loading it with more gas.

as said i wait till gas starts escaping out the mag fill valve then i know its full to the top

Alright, so I tried this, and I am still only getting about a mag and a half off of one load. Not that big of a deal, when It cycles through the first mag I have no problems. Just Upgraded the hopup rubber to a king arms one so i can ovrehop .3's, and I am now getting 50 yards of effective range. I am currently uploading a video of me shooting at 40 yards on youtube(i'll post on here).

Scar

Edit: Here is the proof!

Edited by scar527

How is the recoil with it? Does the gun still cycle fine with the extra weight?

Yeah, the slide can lock back with duster if the mag isn't cold. The stock blowback unit doesn't fit into the new slide, but the other parts can be swapped. The stock slide probably won't die anytime soon on propane, so this might not be all that necessary. It's a shame the threaded barrel can't be purchased by itself.