Initial Impressions of the TM PX4 GBB Pistol

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

after read this thread I'm going to buy TM PX4...its seem fun and don't mine add another pistol collection

It's helpful to mention what temperature you are using green gas (propane); I imagine it's fairly cool in the UK and I understand gas pistols work well with propane there.   With propane (or any pro

To take out the trigger...hell I was going to explain it, just follow this video : )     If there is anything you're not sure about, do ask.

Posted Images

Does anyone know if theres a PX4 Threaded Barrel?

Dude, it's right there. Look up!

It comes with the complete "drop-in set;" however, you'll also need the outer barrel adapter that the WE hi-capas use. You'll need to make sure the recoil spring guide doesn't hit the edge of the silencer.

Oh dear! I totally missed that! Didnt even register!

Where abouts do you buy these gizmos?

Different places may label the items differently; however, airsoftglobal has both. Look for the "WE Silencer Adapter" and the "AFC Complete Full Metal Drop In Replacement." You should probably get them elsewhere though - the shipping might not be worth it. The slide comes with all of the internals, and it works perfectly out of the box.

Thats kind of annoying though I dont want a metal slide on my PX4 want to keep it plastic. However that adaptor wont fit the plastic barrel will it..

Think anyone will come out with a stand alone metal outer barrel with thread?

Also anyone know where i can get a 250mm 6.01mm inner barrel compatible with it?

-----

Also not that I want to but has anyone run their PX4 on RED or BLACK Gas?

Edited by bankz5152

Got my drop in kit today and its bloody fantastic!! Thr finish is amazing, weight is nice and the hop rubber in tbere is incredable! Over hops .28gs with ease, so would probably do .3s too.

A big plus fir me anyway is that its still just as snappy with the metal slide as it is without!

Just waiting on my 250mm 6.01mm RATech inner barrel to arrive and im set to nail everyone! Lol

Deffinatley worth the $60.00 best slide ever!!

I too purchased the drop-in kit. Haven't done anything but dry-fire it but here are some observations:

1. Fir & Finish is really good on my polished slide version. Trades are the same as the stock Marui for some bizarre reason but I'm not a stickler for that kind of thing.

2. Some filing of the slide and outer barrel was involved to get the outer barrel to not lock up when it rotates.

3. Felt recoil isn't as good as the kick from the stock Marui slide on propane, even with the included enhanced recoil spring.

4. Iron sites can be removed via set screws on the underside of the slide, unlike the Marui stock slide.

Cheers for the Iron side info dude, couldnt work out how to get mine off!

I warmed up the mags on mine and the recoil was similar to the plastic slide, shook around a bit more though. Overall i do love it and the price i cant get over that cheap price!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, I'm reading here and there some revews etc. I'm half way to order one, just need little bit more push :rolleyes: . Is it that good as some of you stated? I do have TM G17 Custom at the moment and its the best gun I ever have. But I have some cash to spend :D , and I'm wondering to buy that Px4 or TM VSR?

Is it that good as some of you stated?

No, it's even better. I just lack the word to truly describe how good it is :P

Seriously, it's the best stock TM GBB I've ever owned - And I've owned the G17, G17C, P226, Beretta M9, A few 1911's and Hi-capa's. Performance is pretty similar between them other than variances in gas capacity, but the PX4 absolutely ruins the rest of them for feel, build quality and overall awesome.

• 3 weeks later...

I keep waiting for some terrible news to come out about the clone but it never does, ha.

What kind of holsters is everyone using? I have the Blackhawk Serpa on the low-rise belt loop mounted to my war belt. Works good but the pistol is a little exposed due to the holster not really being meant to be used as a duty holster. AFAIK blackhawk doesn't make anything above a level 1 for the PX4 though. Anyone try a safariland?

Finally had a chance to use my PX4 with extended tightbore the results where stagering.

Firstly chrono'd at 405fps - 415fps consistant with .2gs and a warm-ish mag.

Range was out standing, out ranged the majority of peoples AEGs with a much higher degree of accuracy still with .2gs

I am highly impressed! I need to buy some more heavy weight rounds!

Finally had a chance to use my PX4 with extended tightbore the results where stagering.

Firstly chrono'd at 405fps - 415fps consistant with .2gs and a warm-ish mag.

Range was out standing, out ranged the majority of peoples AEGs with a much higher degree of accuracy still with .2gs

I am highly impressed! I need to buy some more heavy weight rounds!

Im using 0.3g in my stock px4 find it runs and shoots alot better on the heavier weight ammo on 0.25 and 0.2g find at distance shots its slightly off target. have you shimed the mags in your px4 bankz4152?

• 2 weeks later...

First problem report :( :

Was playing earlier today went to set my hop and the trigger didnt reset, quick look and the trigger return spring had snapped in half. IT looks like it came loose and the recoil spring housing snapped it off.

Very very upsetting :( Maybe be somthing to be ware of from heavy use. I have put about 8K rounds through since I bought it. Hopefully Elite Shooting Center will have the part!

First problem report :( :

Was playing earlier today went to set my hop and the trigger didnt reset, quick look and the trigger return spring had snapped in half. IT looks like it came loose and the recoil spring housing snapped it off.

Very very upsetting :( Maybe be somthing to be ware of from heavy use. I have put about 8K rounds through since I bought it. Hopefully Elite Shooting Center will have the part!

TMC has what you need:

http://www.tokyo-model.com.hk/ecshop/goods.php?id=8031

• 3 weeks later...

Carnt thank you enough TM for a fantastic gun being using it alot over the weenkend at op copperstone at copehill down. Jusing it on propane and 0.3g madbull bbs carnt say how good the range is managed to get two kills well out of range of my ics m4 aeg if I had more mags would have used it all weekend as a primary weapon . First kill was 2 house up the street across the road from me I was on the 1st floor and he was behind a bush in the corner behind a compound wall . They had been firing at us for about 30 mins or so and the wind blowing in there favour. Mine and fellow team mates shots where falling short and curling away with the wind and had used all my assualt riffle mags up so was just keeping there heads down with my PX4 when I got the kill.

Second kill was as at a little bit shorter distance but was open ground between me and him in the few minutes before the 11am game end both on the corners of buildings I had the advantage of cover on my left side leaving my right side to shoot properly (right handed) he was hindered as he was right handed but cover was on his right side and reveled to much of his body and took one centre mass .