Initial Impressions of the TM PX4 GBB Pistol

I'm back on the boat, cooped up in a tin can again so my mind is just saying 'buy it' but perhaps your suggestion is wiser. What's your opinion of this vs the hi-cappa?

EDIT: Ta by the way

Edited by Mud Puppy
  • Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

after read this thread I'm going to buy TM PX4...its seem fun and don't mine add another pistol collection

It's helpful to mention what temperature you are using green gas (propane); I imagine it's fairly cool in the UK and I understand gas pistols work well with propane there.   With propane (or any pro

To take out the trigger...hell I was going to explain it, just follow this video : )     If there is anything you're not sure about, do ask.

Posted Images

I'm back on the boat, cooped up in a tin can again so my mind is just saying 'buy it' but perhaps your suggestion is wiser. What's your opinion of this vs the hi-cappa?

EDIT: Ta by the way

Not owned a hi cappa but had the tm 1911 meu and hands down i prefer the looks and feel of the PX4 lovely feel to it and u wouldnt even know its plastic its that good. controls are very well placed I find them a little stretch on the 1911 so would be the same on the hi cappa aswell I have to move my hand round to operate the slide release on the 1911 but on the px4 its all in reach from the go safetys good i leave mine decocked with round in chamber but safety of just needs a pull on the trigger and off she goes. If u wana wait till ur back ur more than welcome to try mine out

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

How's the reliability on propane/green?

Been using mine on propane/green gas since day one ive owned it and not had any issues with it at all at moment must have fired getting on towards 2-3k rds so far. Only things ive noticed are slight rubbing/wear caused by my holster to the rear of the gun near the hammer

• Like 1

Well, thanks for this thread then, when I first saw the PX4 I wasn't really up for it being a G17 / P226 kind of a guy, after reading this I have the sad and empty feeling that my bank account will be taking a hit in the near future. Unless it's not too late to ask Santa for one that is.

Could this be the start of a next generation from TM? has their already great quality gone even higher up the tree?

Well, thanks for this thread then, when I first saw the PX4 I wasn't really up for it being a G17 / P226 kind of a guy, after reading this I have the sad and empty feeling that my bank account will be taking a hit in the near future. Unless it's not too late to ask Santa for one that is.

Could this be the start of a next generation from TM? has their already great quality gone even higher up the tree?

I personal think the tm px4 is there best pistol to date. Ive always used tm pistols and find the px4 to be the best quality in regards to build fit and finish and just overal look and feel of the pistol. My prevous experiance to tm pistols include the 1911 meu and the desert eagle. The tm meu is nice to hold and feel just looks to shinny when looking at it. The desert eagle had casting marks on the frame, If I was asked to buy another TM pistol wouldnt hesitate at buying another px4

• 3 months later...

*Necro*

Just bought it ... changed the stock barrel and rubber to a Tanio Koba G17 barrel and Firefly Soft rubber ( I had laying around ).

The barrel doesn't stick out but it's really close, but once the slide is locked back, it will stick out. Also, it's black on black, so people cant notice very well ;).

Anyway, since I've installed the rubber and barrel, I notice I still only get 250 FPS out of it :(.

I expected more, since I installed a tighter, longer barrel. More like 280 or so.

I do realise velocity isn't everything, but it would be nice to get it around 300FPS @ 20°C.

I have not installed the LPE buffers.

Am I using the wrong rubber? Is the 6.04 diameter of the TK barrel spilling my gas pressure?

I intend too, to use .30 ( Greendevil ).

Thanks.

*EDIT* I've noticed the nozzle hangs in the Firefly hop rubber because it's more narrow than the Tokio Marui one.

Doesn't function well, as it needs quite a pit of pressure to release itself from the hop rubber to load another BB.

Can anyone compare the stock TM one with the 9ball rubber in terms of inner diameter?

Edited by Lone_Bullet

The rubbers are fine. Also, note that the cut out for the hop bucking between the barrels are different. The newer pistols that come out have a wider notch for the hop bucking. This allows for lesser resistance against the hop arm pushing down on the BB.

You should have done a before and after. If you're not noticing any difference FPS wise compared to when it was stock. Then you should at least get a difference accuracy wise. If not, then the upgrade ended up being a waste of money.

I should have, indeed. I switched back now, all is fine, allthough ( as known ) I can't overhop .3 BBs.

There's a really easy fix for that dude - Dismantle the hop to expose the spring/bit of metal that pushes down on the hop rubber, and give it a slight bend downwards. I did those on my 1911 (and PX4 before that) and it'll easily hop a .3 now.

Has anyone done a comparison of the TM vs HK PX4 Storm pistols? Has anyone run the metal slide group of the HK version on a TM frame to see how it functions? I probably use the TM PX4 more than any other pistol in my collection and even though it may not have the power of my TM G17 or Five Seven, it fits my hand super like a glove and has been quite accurate and very dependable. I can get a full HK upper for a very reasonable price, but I dont want to attempt it if I'm not going to get anything positive out of the combo.

I'm also considering buying another TM or taking a chance on the full HK version. Any sugguestions?

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone has any issues regarding applying the safety and racking the slide? This appears to be a problem with the Hk3 version of this pistol as apparently it causes part breakage.

It was only a guess on my part :P The guys reporting broken parts said that they racked the slide with the safety on. The newer batches of the HK3Ps that I have (with the blue box), none of the PX4s can return to battery if the safety's on. I never tried to force it back to battery though; no point in trying to break something that wasn't technically mine :P

But I'm interested to know whether the TM can return to battery with the safety on and if that's the case whether the TM suffers issues too :)

It was only a guess on my part :P The guys reporting broken parts said that they racked the slide with the safety on. The newer batches of the HK3Ps that I have (with the blue box), none of the PX4s can return to battery if the safety's on. I never tried to force it back to battery though; no point in trying to break something that wasn't technically mine :P

But I'm interested to know whether the TM can return to battery with the safety on and if that's the case whether the TM suffers issues too :)

I have the TM PX4 and I have no problems racking the slide with the safety on. It's a little stiff but it will return to full battery and even decock the hammer.

That was the entire point of the pistols design as well as the M9. The ability to chamber a round and have the safety on while doing it and also have the hammer automatically lowered "to safe" was considered a huge safety/design feature. It was one of the major reasons the Beretta M92 won the military M9 contract. Many semi-auto realsteel double action pistols had this ability (such as older designed S&W's, Ruger, Walther P38 and PPK/s). Right or wrong, it was considered a major safety feature to help cut down on the number of accidental discharges of pistols by troops, police and civilians who didnt get a serious amount of pistol training (such as is needed with the 1911 and Hi-Power which had many of these discharges and caused the deaths/wounding of more than a few soldiers, police officers and civilians).

I believe that only KSC/KWA M9's allow this feature and are the only "true" copies of that pistol as well.