Initial Impressions of the TM PX4 GBB Pistol

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

after read this thread I'm going to buy TM PX4...its seem fun and don't mine add another pistol collection

It's helpful to mention what temperature you are using green gas (propane); I imagine it's fairly cool in the UK and I understand gas pistols work well with propane there.   With propane (or any pro

To take out the trigger...hell I was going to explain it, just follow this video : )     If there is anything you're not sure about, do ask.

Posted Images

• 2 months later...

By the way, if anybody is still looking for PX4 holsters, comholsters.com made me a custom PX4F holster for $30. Very reasonable for quality of product.

http://imageshack.us/a/img21/4135/px41.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img51/8166/px42.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img703/1213/px43.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img534/9569/px44.jpg

Please forgive the shoddy camerawork,

Edited by John_234
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

How are people getting on with PX4's and dirt? One of the reason I sold my TM PX4 was due to the utter finickiness of the thing when it came to playing in a dusty environment. The hammer mech, blow back housing and safety switch would get gummed up constantly. I wasn't over lubing it either. In CQB/indoors/not dusty it worked like a dream.

Anyone having problem with the slide not locking back when the mag is empty? Both of my mags do it randomly(sometimes they catch the slide sometimes not), in fact if insert an empty mag I can sometimes shoot it 4 times before the slide stays back. The slide does always lock back if I pull it back with hand. This is with green gas on 20 celsius. There are no wears anywhere so I have no idea what is the problem.

Anyone having problem with the slide not locking back when the mag is empty? Both of my mags do it randomly(sometimes they catch the slide sometimes not), in fact if insert an empty mag I can sometimes shoot it 4 times before the slide stays back. The slide does always lock back if I pull it back with hand. This is with green gas on 20 celsius. There are no wears anywhere so I have no idea what is the problem.

If the slide lock always locks when you do it by hand there shouldn't be a problem.

check if the recoil spring is too stiff (unlikely but you never know). the first 4 shots not locking the slide can indicate a light striking issue.

Do you run kydex mag pouches? If you stick an empty TM mag into a kydex or molded plastic pouch, the follower can wear down as you insert it. It's far more noticeable on the single-stack 1911s, but I can see it happening on the double stack handguns too.

It's possible for the notch in the slide to wear down with extended use. You'll have to examine it and the way the slide stop locks into it to doublecheck that. There's also the possibility you might need to loosen up the spring holding down the slide stop.

Nice to see that this TM pistol has been out as long as it has with little mention of any problems. I've had mine since they first came out and it's still running super. I'd almost put it in my "built like a tank" catagory along with my TM P226, G26Advance,  MEU and Detonics.

So far, the only thing that has broken in mine is the trigger spring. And that's after god knows how many shots (and more than 2 years of use).

HOWEVER, there is a 2nd generation of PX4s from marui with some slight differences. The new PX4s have the bbu bump that pushes the hammer down ramped (as the p226) instead of just a bump. Also the gap between slide and frame appears to be wider in the new ones....

I have not observed any other differences.

PICS (sorry, those are taken off google's cache, since the original ones disappeared. I don't have pictures of my own, sadly.):

aWEhwtC.jpg

2T1vHag.jpg (red = old one, yellow = new one).

If someone has the newer version, please post more pictures and your impressions.

When you say new one, are you talking about the sub-compact Bulldog or newer production runs of the full size Px4 ?

What about the finish of the controls ? Better than the original on ? :o

EDIT: My bad, this is the TM PX4 thread, not WE ! :o

Edited by NonEx

When you say new one, are you talking about the sub-compact Bulldog or newer production runs of the full size Px4 ?

What about the finish of the controls ? Better than the original on ? :o

EDIT: My bad, this is the TM PX4 thread, not WE ! :o

The plastic feels identical to me, the newer one might be a bit darker in colour but feels identical.

The finish on the controls is identical.

What worries me, the slide on the px4 rides VERY low (more so than previous double actions marui did). With that new ramp, the slide has a lot more trouble returning to battery and cycling. Not that it should cause a problem when shooting (unless the gun is extremely dry) but it's worse than the original in that respect.

Also yesterday I got a chance to examine one for a bit, the slide to frame gap has increased quite a bit...and it's not just on the front, it's on all of the slide.

I'd say I like the design of the original and I don't know why they changed that (cost saving?).

Mine is ramped. If you retract the slide and let it back slowly it can get stuck half-way and you can get it unstuck by just giving the gun a shake, but it never happened while shooting(well ok it happened but it was very cold and the green gas was really weak at that point). Other than that I had no problems with the gun(except for the mentioned broken trigger spring, which seems to be the most common problem of this gun).

Mine is one of the first batch too, imported straight from japan as soon as it came out.

It's been a while since I've seen mine with the original plastic slide, but the frame didn't feel different to me.

The most notable difference for me is the colour (frame and slide finish-wise), but then again I don't actually own the new gen.

Kenxin, could they have done it because this is probably the only TM pistol made lately that, I believe, was really designed to handle green gas and thats not allowed in Japan?

When I bought mine, I was trying to choose beween it and the TM Strike Warrior. When I picked up the PX4, I could'nt believe how solid it felt and then I noticed the recoil buffer and the fact that even the metal sub-frame in the slide as well as the receiver seemed more substantial then most of the latest TM's. Maybe they had to "dial it back" a bit. Just a thought.