Initial Impressions of the TM PX4 GBB Pistol

Kenxin, could they have done it because this is probably the only TM pistol made lately that, I believe, was really designed to handle green gas and thats not allowed in Japan?

When I bought mine, I was trying to choose beween it and the TM Strike Warrior. When I picked up the PX4, I could'nt believe how solid it felt and then I noticed the recoil buffer and the fact that even the metal sub-frame in the slide as well as the receiver seemed more substantial then most of the latest TM's. Maybe they had to "dial it back" a bit. Just a thought. 

Well, I do believe that the new BBU design is a cost-saving feature , however I can't see it making that much difference.

I really have no clue about why they changed the design.

How much do any of you use double action? My WE eventually gave up the ghost with it's DA and will only hit the valve knocker in SA. I gave it up for a Glock 19. No idea if this was a QC issue, or something inherent in the TM architecture.

What do you mean it will only hit the valve knocker in SA? doesn't the valve knocker actually move in DA? or do you mean it doesn't strike the valve hard enough?.

If it's the 2nd, your hammer spring might've gone weak, lightstrikes on a fully charged mag are common in marui's DA.

As far as answering your question, I go DA for the first shot of every magazine and sometimes if I decock the hammer mid-mag. Not much use, in truth.

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

after read this thread I'm going to buy TM PX4...its seem fun and don't mine add another pistol collection

It's helpful to mention what temperature you are using green gas (propane); I imagine it's fairly cool in the UK and I understand gas pistols work well with propane there.   With propane (or any pro

To take out the trigger...hell I was going to explain it, just follow this video : )     If there is anything you're not sure about, do ask.

Posted Images

Kenxin, could they have done it because this is probably the only TM pistol made lately that, I believe, was really designed to handle green gas and thats not allowed in Japan?

When I bought mine, I was trying to choose beween it and the TM Strike Warrior. When I picked up the PX4, I could'nt believe how solid it felt and then I noticed the recoil buffer and the fact that even the metal sub-frame in the slide as well as the receiver seemed more substantial then most of the latest TM's. Maybe they had to "dial it back" a bit. Just a thought. 

That can't be it. People do run propane here (and green gas, and CO2 even) though they are less popular. Not to mention that the 5.1 has a "full" metal frame.

As Kenxin said, it is most likely a cost saving feature. TM is making a lot of pistols nowadays.

What do you mean it will only hit the valve knocker in SA? doesn't the valve knocker actually move in DA? or do you mean it doesn't strike the valve hard enough?.

If it's the 2nd, your hammer spring might've gone weak, lightstrikes on a fully charged mag are common in marui's DA.

As far as answering your question, I go DA for the first shot of every magazine and sometimes if I decock the hammer mid-mag. Not much use, in truth.

Yeah, it moves very little, maybe an 1/8th normal travel.

I used it for dry fire practice pretty often, so plain wear weakening the spring could be the answer.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I just noticed that on one of my magazine that the slide catch bumper goes higher than it should and its harder to push the slide catch down with that magazine. It still works but it is scratched a little. I disassembled both of my mags(for lubing) and couldn't figure out why was one higher than the other(no dirt, or anything and I put it together correctly). Anyone else had this problem?

Took my SD kitted px4 out for a bit today...fired about 200 shots with 1 jam.

I thought it odd that a marui jammed, so back home I opened it up and remembered that I hadn't lubed the thing for about 6 months. All that was left of the lube was the grey gunk.

So, I remove the stuff and try to fire it absolutely and completely dry (I don't have any lube left ATM). To my surprise, it refused to cycle properly, jamming every two shots (the cause was the rotating barrel no less).

Now, you should never fire a GBB without lube, but I didn't remember the same kind of trouble with either the marui default or the 3px4 upper, so I decided to try the same with the 3px4. I opened it up, removed whatever lube was left since I last used it and proceded to shoot it dry.

Not a single jam. The cycling is a bit rough but it cycles flawlessly.

Overall, I can't really recommend the shooters design slide set. It's nice to look at but the 3px4 upper is a lot more functional.

• Like 1

So I am assuming you have had no issues with the Hammer drop/Safety with the 3px4 slide group and there has been no damage to the TM frame as a result of its use?

Is it safe to assume that the WE PX4 Storm upper group is a 3px4 made item?

Correct,no issues with the 3px4 and well past 5k rounds through that upper and the marui lower. The lower isn't damaged in the slightest and it took the trigger that many rounds to break.

It's fairly safe to assume the 3xp4 and the WE px4 are the same, thou I do not know the specifics of that relationship (or if that's still the case).

• 2 weeks later...

So my slide catch broke and I was wondering if I should get the Detonator steel one instead of the default Marui one. Also does anyone have any experience with the Crusader Metal slide?

I had exactly the same problem after a very short time. I had a large airbubble inside the metal part. It was replaced with an identical TM part, but I have doubts if I won't get the same problem in the long run. It's obviously one of the week parts.

I had exactly the same problem after a very short time. I had a large airbubble inside the metal part. It was replaced with an identical TM part, but I have doubts if I won't get the same problem in the long run. It's obviously one of the week parts.

My slide catch has survived over 2 years with EXTENSIVE use  with metal slides and upgraded recoil springs.

The truth is one (or a few) runs of marui PX4s had an air bubble in there that caused the part to fail.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok so I installed my internals into the Crusader slide. First I tested the pistol with the original slide and the Crusader outer barrel: it worked without problem. However with the Crusader slide most of the time I can't pull the slide back(the whole thing stucks at the very beginning) but I noticed that if I rotate the pistol on its side I can pull the slide back easier. I tried to shoot with it but the gun would not cycle properly(couldn't even chamber a BB) except very rarely. I also tried Crusade slide and original outer combo but was even worse: the slide stuck if I pulled it back to the very end and would not move forward. I know its hard to tell what could be the problem but still some advices would be nice.

• 2 weeks later...

So I finally managed to make it work correctly mostly(will write about that later) but I still have a few issues. The slide came with a screw and 3 o-rings(all the same size). The screw is for the rear sight(different than the original), but I don't know what the o-rings are for. The gun cycles normally now but for some reason it now shoots flyers sometimes(either going left or right of the target). Is the original recoil spring is ok or shall I get another(if there is one). Also:

11akhmg.jpg

I don't know if you can see it but I bought a Nineball hop-up rubber and after I took it off of the barrel it had big cuts on the mound. Is it possible that I damaged it during install? Because I can't imagine how...

Just got a TM PX4 second hand at the weekend, lovely feeling pistol, haven't had much of a chance to fire it yet. A few quick (hopefully) questions about it though

1) Can the mag release easily be swapped for left handed use?

2)Any recomendations for a left handed holster?(something like a mid ride preferably and within the EU)

3)Are firefly and nineball the same with regards hop up rubbers? Is there much of a power increase?

4)Ive seen enhanced magazine feed lips somewhere out of stock, is there any advantage to them over the stock ones? (have one magazine with broken feed lips)

Thanks,

Paul

1.- As far as I know it's the same as RS also, here's a video on a WE one (same as marui):

2.- Sorry, I can offer no help there.

3.- Firefly and nineball are the same company. IIRC the purple bucking gave about 20-30 extra fps on average depending on other parts.

4.- None. If you drop the mags on the lips they're still going to break. If you're talking about the gas route, that's another matter.

Cheers.

Edited by kenxin

Thanks for the reply. Ill try load the video later and have a go.

Once it keeps it under 328fps with a 0.2g BB I dont mind (Anything over is classed as a firearm here).

The second spare magazine i got with it has broken lips, just wanted to know if there was any advantage to upgraded ones before i ordered anything.

Thanks,

Paul

Thanks for the reply. Ill try load the video later and have a go.

Once it keeps it under 328fps with a 0.2g BB I dont mind (Anything over is classed as a firearm here).

The second spare magazine i got with it has broken lips, just wanted to know if there was any advantage to upgraded ones before i ordered anything.

Thanks,

Paul

Hey,

I might have a magazine-lips and a Shooters Design bumper-style magazine base for a PX4 if your interested ?

• Like 1