Initial Impressions of the TM PX4 GBB Pistol

Hey,

I might have a magazine-lips and a Shooters Design bumper-style magazine base for a PX4 if your interested ?

Hi,

I may take you up on those feed lips if you have it in a few weeks still. To be honest Im not mad on the look of the bumpers, think it ruins the look of the pistol. Thanks for the offer :)

Paul

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

after read this thread I'm going to buy TM PX4...its seem fun and don't mine add another pistol collection

It's helpful to mention what temperature you are using green gas (propane); I imagine it's fairly cool in the UK and I understand gas pistols work well with propane there.   With propane (or any pro

To take out the trigger...hell I was going to explain it, just follow this video : )     If there is anything you're not sure about, do ask.

Posted Images

Thats out of stock :(

However, since posting that, i emailed TMC and they had one :D Gonna cost me $35 and $18 shipping, which makes it an expensive piece of plastic, but needs must...

That said, UK retailers could learn something from TMC. Excellent communication even when out of hours for them and even 15(!) photos supplied of what they're sending for peace of mind and to help out if anything goes wrong in transit. Pinnacle of good customer service.

Edited by Krydel

Just though i'd share another option for px4 holstering I came across, which I may be investing in for mine.

http://www.tactical-kit.co.uk/imi-beretta-9296--px4-storm-retention-holsters-6026-p.asp

I had one of these holsters during the year I had my TM PX4. I don't really rate them as high as the Blackhawk's. They do look utterly gorgeous though, as the PX4 one mirrors all the trade marks from the gun onto the outside of the holster. What I found though was that the pistol could be released if you fell on the holster, which led me to a half hour frantic searching in bushes during a night game. Not cool.

My other beef was that it doesn't sit as close to the body as the Blackhawk CQC/L2/L3's.

I had one of these holsters during the year I had my TM PX4. I don't really rate them as high as the Blackhawk's. They do look utterly gorgeous though, as the PX4 one mirrors all the trade marks from the gun onto the outside of the holster. What I found though was that the pistol could be released if you fell on the holster, which led me to a half hour frantic searching in bushes during a night game. Not cool.

My other beef was that it doesn't sit as close to the body as the Blackhawk CQC/L2/L3's.

Interesting, shall bear that in mind when considering my options. Thanks!

Further to my other past slide gave way after about 50rds.

1069906_10200234539098374_201654580_n.jp

Interesting, shall bear that in mind when considering my options. Thanks!

Further to my other past slide gave way after about 50rds.

1069906_10200234539098374_201654580_n.jp

Woah how did that happen? Were you using some stronger gas? Mine never had a problem(even shoot it in 30+ celsius on green) and im pretty sure it has the strongest slide out of all the Marui pistols as it has small metal inserts(tough not where you cracked it).

Woah how did that happen? Were you using some stronger gas? Mine never had a problem(even shoot it in 30+ celsius on green) and im pretty sure it has the strongest slide out of all the Marui pistols as it has small metal inserts(tough not where you cracked it).

I got the pistol a few days ago second hand complete with a crack at the front of the slide, so I had a spare on order as soon as I got it. Managed about 150 shots off today (25ish degrees) with propane and the entire front section flew off!

Ooh didn't know about the metal inserts. I'll make sure to check that out on the replacement. Was debating whether to keep hold of the px4 or sell it on because the pre-existing crack made me think it was pre-disposed to breaking under propane.

The PX4 is one of marui's most solid designs, already sporting a plastic recoil buffer to reduce the stress on the slide. Also, the lack of aftermarket parts should give you a hint as to how many parts on the px4 tend to break.

The only part documented to break is the slide stop, and that was a bad batch by marui with a bubble right on a weak spot.

The only other think that has problems is the decocker, stopping to work 100% if you rack the slide a lot with the decocker down.

The PX4 is one of marui's most solid designs, already sporting a plastic recoil buffer to reduce the stress on the slide. Also, the lack of aftermarket parts should give you a hint as to how many parts on the px4 tend to break.

The only part documented to break is the slide stop, and that was a bad batch by marui with a bubble right on a weak spot.

The only other think that has problems is the decocker, stopping to work 100% if you rack the slide a lot with the decocker down.

The trigger spring also tend to break but other than that its a very solid pistol, which I highly recommend.

The trigger spring also tend to break but other than that its a very solid pistol, which I highly recommend.

Sorry I totally forgot about that (ironic since mine did break), yes indeed. The trigger spring is a known weakpoint of the design.

In fairness, mine lasted 2+ years of constant use and more than 5000 rounds through it (and god knows how many times I pulled the trigger between dry firing and all).

• 2 weeks later...

I have tried three types of universal holsters, and all of them hold the slide as I put the gun in the holster.

By universal holsters, do you mean ones made of nylon etc?

If you mean plastic rigid holsters, it's important to remember that TM guns aren't a direct 1:1 replica - They're eeeever so slightly larger than normal which may cause more friction than is expected. I had the same issue with my TM-based P226 that I was using with an IMI 226 holster.

By universal holsters, do you mean ones made of nylon etc?

If you mean plastic rigid holsters, it's important to remember that TM guns aren't a direct 1:1 replica - They're eeeever so slightly larger than normal which may cause more friction than is expected. I had the same issue with my TM-based P226 that I was using with an IMI 226 holster.

I mean Nylon etc. :)

I am thinking about buying a metal slide for it, but I have no idea what kind is good, and where to get them.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

just picked up one of these for a project, wanting to turn the lower dark earth, how easy are they at stripping down?

Pretty easy afair its a screw and a pin and most things come out. The only part that is a bit tricky to take out is the take down lever(you have to keep the spring down underneath it while pushing the lever out either left or right). The Nebula frame comes with a quick disassemble guide(with pics). Putting the internal parts into the Nebula frame might require a bit hammering in tough.

• 4 weeks later...

I think TM fit in the WE but not the other way around!

But i think the WE mag sucks anyway ###### poor quality.

Got two WE / HK3 mags for my PX4 - both fit and feed flawlessly and not any noticeable drop in performance.

Only problem is the feed lips on one of them are a bit loose on the bb, so if I eject a mag with rounds in,the top round generally pops out.