Initial Impressions of the TM PX4 GBB Pistol

Ive not seen this mentioned anywhere but thought I would check, has anyone run their PX4 in a Serpa holster and have you had any issues? Asking as obviously their Glock is oversized for 17 so you need the holster size up. Cheers

Used a real-steel serpa in my Marui PX4. Fit perfectly.

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

after read this thread I'm going to buy TM PX4...its seem fun and don't mine add another pistol collection

It's helpful to mention what temperature you are using green gas (propane); I imagine it's fairly cool in the UK and I understand gas pistols work well with propane there.   With propane (or any pro

To take out the trigger...hell I was going to explain it, just follow this video : )     If there is anything you're not sure about, do ask.

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...

I can confirm that the Blackhawk Serpa CQC for Px4 Storm holds the TM perfectly !

Couldn't be happier with both the serpa and the TM Px4. It's such a nice looking gun.

The only minor thing: the TM magazine doesn't have an O-ring where you fill it with gass. I loose a lot of gas trying to fill it. My H3K mag on the other hand has an o-ring and fills much better.

Edited by greenbull

greenbull: the advantage of a non-sealing fill valve is that you get more liquid gas into the magazine by blowing out excess gaseous gas. In a magazine with a sealing valve, some of the capacity will be taken up by vapor instead of liquid, because the liquid can't push the vapor back out through the fill valve when you're gassing up the magazine.

That doesn't sound logical to me: fluid state of gasses has everything to do with pressure. Low pressure equals gas; high pressure and the gas becomes liquid. So if you start filling a mag, even if you get liquid-gas to enter the mag, it will turn into gas-state as long as the pressure is low. If you keep adding gas and pressure, you'll get more and more liquid gas. In my oppinion, the O-ring will not change a thing to that, except that without the o-ring, you keep losing a lot of gas...

Hmm, that does sound more logical. :D

Except perhaps with a completely empty mag, which is thereby full of atmospheric air - which would be trapped in the gas tank with a sealing valve. The leaky valve would allow the air to escape when filling with gas? I dunno. :D

I just seem to remember, years ago, someone testing mags with both sealing and non-sealing valves, and getting more shots out of the non-sealing. Maybe you could do a comparison, if you can find a tiny O-ring (perhaps scavenge from a cheap, refillable gas lighter) and stick it on the TM mag's fill valve, and see if you get fewer or more shots per gas fill.

It was never dropped. Just dry fired on duster gas and the thing snapped off. I guess I have only fired 300 BB's in total. It's definately not unique, I found a remark in a you tube video from someone who suffered just the same thing. When inspecting the part, I can see a giant airbubble inside the cast metal where the snapped-off axle meets the outer plate. I estimate only a third of the metal was there in the most critical place...

The gun still functions. The slide obviously doesn't remain in the backward position when the last BB is fired. I now have a hideous gaping hole in the left side of my Px :(

Best case scenario I'll have to wait for months to get the part. As (bad ) luck has it, the shop just closed yesterday for three weeks. I've searched the net, but the part is only available through Marui themselves. Next monday I'll try to contact them, but I doubt they will speak anything else but Japanese... Luckily, I have a friend who's going to Japan in 2 months. I can always ask him to order the part from there. I think I will order 3 straight away as it costs only € 5 a piece and I'm afraid this will happen again.

Does anybody have any idea how the axle sits inside the body? Can I just pull it out, or do I have to take apart some pieces?

My slide stop was also hollow; I was wondering if I was the only one to experience this! The brass collar (PX-42) holds the slide stop in place with friction; however, it is nearly impossible to remove once it's broken. I used a screwdriver to force the metal frame out (PX-39). The plastic lower got mangled in a few spots, but it doesn't affect the performance or the exterior.

You can use a replacement from the clone model; alternatively, you can wait for ehobbyasia to restock the $50 steel version from detonator that was just released.

The clone might be a better value, even though some of the parts (nozzle, decocking sear (PX-54)) are not compatible with the Marui version. This was not my favorite marui gbb!

Edited by 24601

I was able to get the axle out with a fine-nosed plier. I then proceeded and drilled a small hole though the lever andfixed a small screw. This way, I made a temporary fix while I search for a permanent sollution.

The shop already told me they can't find a replacement and the only way to fix my problem is that they would use another Px4 for pieces. They want to see it first to make sure it's not caused by mishandeling the gun !?! I hope they're not trying to find a way out... Since I also made the change, I fear the worst.

Any idea where the clone piece can be found ?

IMG_6625.jpg

The we/3px4 clones are the only place you're gonna find that piece (the clone ones) since WE doesn't sell parts separately.

As for contacting marui, yeah, they have a form that comes with the gun to request spare parts, but they only ship to japan I'm afraid (you can still ask your friend going to japan, most shops there will be able to help you without much trouble).

Search for the detonator steel piece, it'll be faster

• 3 weeks later...

Today I went to the shop with the broken slide-stop. They took a new one from another PX4 they had in stock without arguing. So now my PX4 is in perfect shape again and I hope and pray this will not happen again !

Can anybody tell me what other parts are prone to breaking? Apart from the slide-stop and the spring you will lose when this happens, I remember someone said some kind of spring ( hammer ? ) has a tendency to break. I ask because I'm thinking of ordering some spare parts in Japan just in case...

The px4 has little aftermarket support and little that breaks, the 2 main parts prone to breaking are the trigger spring and the slide release.

Also the hop-up arm has a tendency to bend outwards, but not to break.

Other than that I'm not aware of any other faults.

• Like 1

What the best aftermarket slide for this gun, shooters design, ra tech, crusader or storm ????

Shooter's Design has the best cost to quality ratio to me. Great finish and fit, and best of all, correct trades

Anyone have any updates on their Storm PX4 slide? I have a chance to get one in a trade, and would like to know how the quality holds up

Edited by liewb

Shooters design has good quality finish, correct trades but there are a few kinks.

First and most serious is the decocker, the BBU is placed a little off from where it should be, so the decocker doesn't work (it still works as a safety thou) unless the slide is pushed slightly down and backwards (hard to explan, will make a video if necessary), then the hammer drops.

The second issue is that the slide stop/release slots (there are two of them, one outside and one inside of the slide) are missaligned (the inner one being considerably further back in the slide) thus the outer one supports all the weight of the slide and recoil spring once the slide stop is engaged.

In my particular slide, that has caused some deformation of the slot, nothing dramatic or that affects functioning but it's unsighty.

The last issue (and this is a minor one) is that the fitting of the slide is a little bit loose from the frame , it can wiggle arround a little.

Otherwise the slide is good in terms of quality and finish.

If necessary I'll try to post pictures or a video of those issues.

On an aside note, there is apparently a steel slide going arround......I'm waiting for it to pop up and get it if the price is right. : http://playgun.us/viewthread.php?tid=1286&extra=page%3D1

Thanks for Feed Back Guys, think I'll chance the shooters design version, I have a few of there slides on a few of my guns and all have been easy anuff to install. (ksc usp compact, maruzen p99, xdm & ksc g19 with is airsoft surgeon slide but im convinced its a modified shooters design slide cause they look the same except for to port holes on the top of the slide). Thanks again liewb & kenxin.

The hk3px4 upper is nice, do remember that it's components are not 100% marui compatible thou.

The finish holds up well, there is a small part of the slide that breaks after a LOT of shooting (I have one of the first ones, I'm unsure wether they fixed that or not) but that doesn't affect function at all. The chamber on the outer barrel does deform after a good while but never impeding function.

For the price, it's quite nice to have (my 3px4 upper was one of the first ones and it's still holding up nicely a year and a few months after).

I seem to remember the decocker making odd things sometimes (like being unable to cock the hammer afterwards even if the decocker was disengaged, but that didn't last more than one shot, afterwards it was fine again). That was due to the decocker being slightly oversized and could be fixed by putting the marui decocker on the 3px4 upper.

Well so far, all I have done is fit the slide - Initally just to see I swopped them over, all was well. I have now stripped and swopped all the marui internals to the 3PX-4, all went in very easily indeed I had expected at least some minor issues but all went well. Not used it to game with yet as not off to one for a few weeks now but had a go in the garden and seems pretty much as accurate and similar range as it did with the TM slide on. Did strip the mag though and re do the seals, seems to be feeding fine and whilst not as 100% as the Marui mags, it is pretty much there.