Navy SEAL Discussion/Pictures

LORD_SEX

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is my Navy Seals kit so far... somethings i've adapted from my USMC kit... apart the M9 what's wrong?

What has to be changed?

Pretty much all of it.

If you like it, use it.

But its not a good impression at all. Gear is wrong, rifle is wrong, etc.

MarioCK, the laid out kit and gun photos is really cool. Nice to see the variety of adaptable gear.

bernd, considering switching out the M9?

I do have a Raid DCU but i wanted todo something diferent...i didin´t think that the flightsuit was a big heresy!or the CB gear...

I´ll take some photos in a DCU and with a new rifle...i supose that a CQB-R is more aceptable?

Cheers

@Dacosta-change the rifle dude-it's nothing like a "seal" gun

the RRV is ok, ad some pouches and maybe a few lighsticks?

As far as the uniform is considered-I'd go for DCU, maybe even BDU-to add that "sealish" taste, PCU and ACU would also be cool.

I also suggest getting a headset of some sort-TASC-swimmer, or Comtac

@Leik-lookin' good dude :D, nicely painted blaster- I'd add a some sort of NVG mount onto the helmet-old-style one, or wilcox style one, plus maybe a safariland holster(or a replica)

Need some help identifying this:

vest.jpg

I was given this by an old family friend who was in the NAVY.

The black pouches were attatch later from what I can tell. The clips say Nexus on them and the pouches nor vest has any other markings. The zipper says Talon. The other pouches are velcro in the middle of the pouches and have buttons to attatch to the vest in the 4 corners of the pouch.

Any ideas?

looks like the guy on the left in that pic has a pair of carpenters suspenders to keep his first line up. very practical application, even if it's not nearly gucci enough for this thread. heh.

If that was an impression pic someone would tell him to get the HSGI ones from optac.lol

Thanks. Can i get some opinions on the oakleys si assault or do people like Merrels more and what types?

Is this for your own personal use or for a certain look? The Merrell "Chameleon" line are great all around shoes and fit the bill if you're looking for SEAL-type wear. If you need something more heavy duty, try their infamous "Sawtooth" boots. Tan Oakley SI's are expensive, the soles tend to wear under real-life hard use. Both these brands will work for a SEAL/SF set-up. Generic brown/tan hiking boots will work too. Good luck.

Is this for your own personal use or for a certain look? The Merrell "Chameleon" line are great all around shoes and fit the bill if you're looking for SEAL-type wear. If you need something more heavy duty, try their infamous "Sawtooth" boots. Tan Oakley SI's are expensive, the soles tend to wear under real-life hard use. Both these brands will work for a SEAL/SF set-up. Generic brown/tan hiking boots will work too. Good luck.

I'm sorry to bring my boot searching questions here as well but, as you said, Chameleons are great all around shoes, how are they as boots? As in support, I think they look absolutely perfect for me but I still want a degree of support. I'd use this mostly on hard sand trails, loose sand, rocks, and fairly steep hills, all in the same place at the same time.

Thanks!

Archived