Navy SEAL Discussion/Pictures

LORD_SEX

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What color gear do the SEALS use in wooded environments? I know they plan on moving to AOR 3 , but whats their current pattern? m81 still? What color web gear do they use with it primarily, Khaki or OD/RG?

pics from earlier thread that are fairly recent:

2dlubzd.jpg

34667499-1.jpg

sealsqttraineesm4rangesdt6.jpg

2006 or so on that last one?

What color gear do the SEALS use in wooded environments? I know they plan on moving to AOR 3 , but whats their current pattern? m81 still? What color web gear do they use with it primarily, Khaki or OD/RG?

M81 and MJK would appear to be the standard set-up judging from a number of training pics I've seen (same set-up has been run by Army SF doing a FID mission in sub-Saharan Africa IIRC); although as the following pics show, you can use MJK, OD or even RG/SG (just remember though that RG is issued to SWCC).

SEAL-DEMO-Ciras-6.jpg

sealsml2.jpg

the roob beat me to posting that last pic of the guys on the range (at the bottom of his post), so I'll post these couple from SEAL Qualification Training instead:

USNSEALqualificationstudentsonth-1.jpg

USNSEALqualificationstudentsonthera.jpg

(AOR3?) US SF at least was officially authorized to use the old M81 woodland in some of their AO's. From the RS pics that we have, they're using khaki gear with it. It makes sense because khaki also matches their AOR1, AOR2, Multicam BDU's. We also have a bunch of SEAL training pics of them with M81 Woodland. Sadly, we don't have any real pics of them with AOR2 yet. But we have pics of them with AOR1.

Sadly, we don't have any real pics of them with AOR2 yet. But we have pics of them with AOR1.

And for the foreseeable future this is quite likely to be the case, given the general locality where US forces are deployed in the greatest number (funny how you don't see that many pics of those deployed in the Philippines or Colombia where AOR2 would be likely to be worn).

Ah yes...the peq-16. Looks like you'll be getting one soon Titleist?

No, hell no. The 16 is just a 15 with a crappy white light crammed in, and fatter. Plus more things that can break in one device just weird me out.

I handled one a while ago, and I'd take a 15 over it any day of the week. Especially combined with a good LED weaponlight.

Is this a suitable Blaster for a NS impression?

That's good-don't forget the rear BUIS and the Knights NT4 QD flash hider (details). They have newer lights and optics also. Too bad you guise need to paint your airsofts like that there.

@ PForce: that pics from SMGLee right? I've seen pics of that new PEQ-16 on some USMC rifle's in A-stan. Tokyo Marui is coming out with the older version of that soon with an AEG battery in it.

@ NavyMP: thanks for the pix, please post moar. Stay safe if you are out "there."

Ya, its one of those pics, had it in my folder from awhile back now. Ugh!...I can only imagine TMs version of that for a battery and how ugly it would be. G&P needs to hurry up and come out with their version of the funtional 15, and now a 16. That!...and we gotta still wait and see how the VFC functional version is gonna add up.

Ya, its one of those pics, had it in my folder from awhile back now. Ugh!... I can only imagine TMs version of that for a battery and how ugly it would be. G&P needs to hurry up and come out with their version of the funtional 15, and now a 16. That!...and we gotta still wait and see how the VFC functional version is gonna add up.

You're wish is my command! This is the first PEQ-16 design revision from a while ago, TM went with that one. Apparently you can fit a mini 8.4V 1300 mah battery in it. So far this is just a dummy battery box with no working visible light or laser. TM is also coming out with a replica Tango Down forehand grip and rail covers-lol. Pic is from the Tokyo Marui website and Airsoftnews.eu

tmpeq16.jpg

You're wish is my command! This is the first PEQ-16 design revision from a while ago, TM went with that one. Apparently you can fit a mini 8.4V 1300 mah battery in it. So far this is just a dummy battery box with no working visible light or laser. TM is also coming out with a replica Tango Down forehand grip and rail covers-lol. Pic is from the Tokyo Marui website and Airsoftnews.eu

Amazing how Insight went from that design, to the one they have now. I do have a picture that shows the actual first design peq-16 mounted onto an SPR, but can't find it right now. For a battery box those look pretty nice. If someone decided to make a functional version then we would have a sleu of peq's to go about on our hands.

Since I'm actually a video guy by trade I figured this would be interesting for you guys. If you recall about a year or so ago there were pictures of SEALS lending their talents to a movie project, where we saw them boarding a private yacht. You can now see a snippet from that movie here at the Cinematographer's site:

http://www.hurlbutvisuals.com/

http://www.hurlbutvisuals.com/videos/mio/IATM-H264-480.mov

http://www.hurlbutvisuals.com/videos/mio/IATM-H264-720.mov

http://www.hurlbutvisuals.com/videos/mio/I...64-1080.mov.zip

And some photos (I have that same camera, so someone get me some navy seals and we'll do a movie ;) ):

http://www.hurlbutvisuals.com/gallery.php#in_action

EDIT: the site seems down due to traffic, but it should be up later in the day. It's worth the wait. Fast ropes from seahawks on to yachts are in fact awesome.

Archived