Navy SEAL Discussion/Pictures

LORD_SEX

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, it is Ranger Green. It is not an Eagle LVAC. Safariland makes it. Don't think it is quite as low pro as my PACA. I probably wouldn't wear it under a BDU top. The interior is not as comfortable material wise as a PACA is. Ref pic is from 2010, so they are at least that early.

b2bLuwj.jpg

The 551s work on AG13s, which are not exactly long life batteries, but I like it better than the 553/556.

Also, CR123s are not bad and you have the option of using rechargable ones. Check DX.com or any other place where you can get them for cheap.

Ive got a 553 its the Hurricane model and its really nice and in FDE (not quite spot on colourwise but pretty good) but with the slightly higher upper on a 416 and then the higher mounting of the 553 due to the QR it sits quite high, not a real issue but i use it for my Mk18 and I was toying with the idea of an eotech and a 3x but the 553 takes up alot of the rail and that plus a 3x plus a PEQ it pretty much fills up the top rail. My spectre doesnt look right on the 416 either and I havent seen many if any pics of DEVGRU using them together (and it really goes on my Block 2!). So let me see if I have this right for the most up to date DEVGRU 416 I should really go EXPS but the 551 is also an option but more for the slightly older impression?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Here's a link to the Soldier Systems Daily article.  The blurb perports that the picture is of the UBL rifle, though not in the exact configuration as the one that actually killed UBL, but this picture represents a good amount of the configuration of the rifle from that night.

As I understand it, the actual source for the picture is Larry Vickers, but I don't know where/how he obtained it or the information that it's the UBL rifle.

Archived