Navy SEAL Discussion/Pictures

LORD_SEX

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hm, can anyone confirm this - do the NSW use the Mk14 Mod1 (the CTR+riser and Tango down grip thingy) or have ever used it? Also, is the SR25 still being deployed with the teams nowadays?

Regarding the SEAL's using the Knights Armament SR-25, they should be using it. Just a little note on US Army and Navy weapon nomenclature: the Army calls the original one (with KA FF rail), the "SR-25." While the USMC and Navy call the same rifle the "MK 11 Mod 0". The newer SR-25 (URX railed) is called the "M110" by the Army and the same rifle is called the MK 11 Mod 1 by the USMC and Navy. Both should be in use by all. Another US Navy sniper system-the MK 13 Mod 0-5, which is basically based on the Remington M700 but chambered differently. The newes Mod 5 sports the Accuracy International chasis system:

MK13Mod5.jpg

Ok tnx for teh info, I cant decide between cheapo SR25 and the bigbuck Mk14 Mod1. M110's as far as I know are not in use in SOCOM. I already owned the M110 (check avatar lol) but sold it immediately after founding out that only Army and Corps use it. Of course I still do not know if this is true or not, doesnt matter now.

So a SR25 with M3 Leupold, Harris bipod and a PEQ15 would be valid, all kryloned of course? What about any front grips like tango down on SR25, is that out of place?

Tnx for any info

I don't care who may use it, but "a cheapo SR25 with M3 Leupold, Harris bipod, all kryloned" is a nice DMR platform... ;)

07112009_003.jpg

Ok sounds good, the only thing I am worried about, is the tech side of the A&K SR25, gettin the elongated V2 on 500fps sounds like a nightmare.

ANother one for you Hispeed1, since youu look like you have a hard on for b0l0ck2 - is the M6X (acm, not Insight) okay in DE/FDE for Mk18 Mod1 setup? I've only seen M3X in FDE and M6X only in black, so not sure.

Ok sounds good, the only thing I am worried about, is the tech side of the A&K SR25, gettin the elongated V2 on 500fps sounds like a nightmare.

ANother one for you Hispeed1, since youu look like you have a hard on for b0l0ck2 - is the M6X (acm, not Insight) okay in DE/FDE for Mk18 Mod1 setup? I've only seen M3X in FDE and M6X only in black, so not sure.

You should be good with the replica ACM M6X on your MK 18/M4 CQBR B2 project. In the pics we have, they're not used as much as the mil version M6X, but they're out there. US Navy EOD-spec M4 CQBR's have them a lot. But I've seen a joint training pic/video with various USSOCOM ninjas and it was on some of their blasters. Sorry, I never saved the pic. The Insight M6X (SU-238 PVS) was another option to add for the VBL B2 upgrade besides the M3X (SU-233 PVS). Too bad that the replica M6X doesn't come with the mil issue push button.

Okay thanks, I needed someone to confirm that. Sorry for another question, but you seem resourceful lol - what uppers are used on mk18 mod1/block2? I took the Colt lower, believing it should be ok (airsoft of course)?

Ok theres more hahah: whats with the KAC suppresors on block2, they all seem bit tan/khaki/fde? Is that krylon or issued?

And lastly, what does VBL B2 stand for (block2 sumthn)?

Thanx for your effort hispeed B)

edited: nevermind, I already see you ordered the same M6X (EBB version) as me so it should be ok

@ Ninjaklan: sorry, "VBL" means "visible bright light". That's from SOPMOD pics. The upper for the MK18/M4 CQBR B2 should still be the issued Colt, etc. ones. Imagine the MK18/CQBR as it is BUT with the DD MK 18 RIS II rail & Knights MK 12 low-profile gas block. I believe a lot of issued Knights Armament NT4-QD suppressor to USSOCOM were black, but the ops painted them tan/FDE/khaki, etc. to blend into their current AO (just like their blasters). But Knight's does also make that suppressor in taupe (tan) also.

@ OP12: the CQD rear and front sling mounts are common on SEAL M4/CQBR's. CQD/Blackhawk make a single/dual sling with H&K snaps. I've seen pics of those. Good piece of kit, I have a tan one. But as some have pointed out-their slings can vary just like their other gear, op preference. Use what works best for you, single or dual point-I suggest going KISS with slings and not havimg all those bells/whistles, straps, snaps, etc. IMHO. I myself prefer a single point sling on shorter rifles, M4 CQBR, MP-5, etc.

@ Jag: Lol! I know what you mean. I believe that pic was a joint DEA-D3V gig. (Oh, and B2 toys galore.) Somebody make a cheap FDE Elcan Specter DR already!

I wish. :(

And I'm going to randomly guess that AOR1 and AOR2 is about as rare as hens' teeth....

@ Jag: Lol! I know what you mean. I believe that pic was a joint DEA-D3V gig. (Oh, and B2 toys galore.) Somebody make a cheap FDE Elcan Specter DR already!

I assumed so. There was another picture from this set... apparently the way that you can tell that one of the guys in the second picture (which I've not posted) was DEA was because of his Ops-Core party hat.

:mellow:

I've been out of the geardo-thing for too long....

@ OP12: the CQD rear and front sling mounts are common on SEAL M4/CQBR's. CQD/Blackhawk make a single/dual sling with H&K snaps. I've seen pics of those. Good piece of kit, I have a tan one. But as some have pointed out-their slings can vary just like their other gear, op preference. Use what works best for you, single or dual point-I suggest going KISS with slings and not havimg all those bells/whistles, straps, snaps, etc. IMHO. I myself prefer a single point sling on shorter rifles, M4 CQBR, MP-5, etc.

Thanks, I think I will give the MM/Emdom Gunslinger a shot.

By CQD rear & frond do you mean this : mctar-08-hd.jpg

No, he means the Dieter CQD sling attachment points.

By the way, hispeed, how common is the CQD front sling attachment on SEAL m4s? I'd be interested in pictures if you have 'em. (but i've seen the ones of that noveske'd CTR'd rifle)

Just interested to know as i've built a sort of hypothetical SEAL m4a1 :geek: that includes the front mount as well as the rear plate.

Found this pic on google although I'm pretty sure I saw it posted here a while ago. If I'm not mistaken, the black thingy at the beginning of the RIS is a CQD front sling mount. On the previous page you can see a picture clearly showing this same M4 with the rear CQD sling mount. You can also see a little bit of it on this pic though just under the forward assist.

DSCN1137.jpg

Archived