Navy SEAL Discussion/Pictures

LORD_SEX

April 2009

Freshly painted.

ptwklarapril.jpg

November 2009

The wear and tear 8 months later, no sandpapering here...

Just used and abused :)

ptwklarnov.jpg

Kitlist

CQB-R

- KAC RAS

- CQD Slingmount

- LE Stock with buttpad

- SF M600 "Scoutlight"

- KAC QD Silencer

- KAC VFG

- KAC M600 BUIS

- ACOG with Killflash and Docter sight

- AN/PEQ 2

PEQ-2 is being replaced with an PEQ-15 soon.

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Found this pic on google although I'm pretty sure I saw it posted here a while ago. If I'm not mistaken, the black thingy at the beginning of the RIS is a CQD front sling mount. On the previous page you can see a picture clearly showing this same M4 with the rear CQD sling mount. You can also see a little bit of it on this pic though just under the forward assist.

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii205/B...56/DSCN1137.jpg

Thats my picture(I shot most of the guns on that table to :) ) But yeah your right, it has both front and rear CQD mounts.

No, he means the Dieter CQD sling attachment points.

By the way, hispeed, how common is the CQD front sling attachment on SEAL m4s? I'd be interested in pictures if you have 'em. (but i've seen the ones of that noveske'd CTR'd rifle)

Just interested to know as i've built a sort of hypothetical SEAL m4a1 :geek: that includes the front mount as well as the rear plate.

@ Fr00b: the Dieter CQD front sling mounts aren't that common on SEAL M4's but they're out there. I've even seen that mount on a SF MK18 (CQBR) pic. BillyBob has another pic also. EBB, eGey, etc. sell replicas. Recent pic from one of their armories, look in the red circle:

cqd-front.jpg

CQD mount right behind the PEQ-2 (mine):

SEALM4M4CQBRB2.jpg

MK 18 Mod 0 (VBSS) with Insight M6X and CQD/Blackhawk sling and rear sling mount:

MK18Mod0.jpg

Another pic for fr00b:

Circled in red

1-7.jpg

Found that in my seal pic folder but then again, this one was posted not too long ago in this thread aswell :P Can't remember exactly what the picture's context was, though.

edit: exif data tells me the pic is from 2006 if that is any use to you... it might be wrong though lol

Yes, MK 18 (M4 CQBR B2). I upgraded a TM M4 with the King Arms licensed Colt M4 receiver kit. Or are you talking about that M4 CQBR upper receiver assembly painted in tan? Also, how come you painted over the clear LED area of your VIP IR strobe?

Because it was bright yellow :P, picked up a black one a few days ago to put on my MBSS though.

Small update on my late 90's seal loadout. Basically added a homemade Mk13 flare, High ride dropleg holster and Sig. My M4 is also more according to the time period. I'm still missing an IFAK pouch (the plastic one) and a UDT vest and fins, but I guess those two will have to wait because I have no inmediate use for them. Oh yeah.. and I have to raid mod my BDU top

loadout2persec-1.jpg

Any suggestions are welcome

it would look better if you had a top that was as faded as your trousers.

I think the loadout looks good, I'd replace your holster with one of the old style ABA or Blackhawk special ops holsters, with the flap. I think it would fit the time period better?

I agree about the top... I'm debating if I should just machine wash it a few times or maybe just buy some new pants.

I'm not sure about the holster either.. To be honest, I haven't seen a single greenside kit with anyone using a holster at all (maybe M12's but I can't seem to spot them on photos). On the other side, there are pics of CQB drillas with guys using ABA's and some kind of early version of the holster I'm wearing. Mine is moded though so it rides higher since I hate droplegs and I don't like M12's that much. In the end I justify it as a personal preference thing even though it might not be completely pic accurate.

Guy on the far left:

3zb5.jpg

Guy on the far left and the one standing on the foreground.

4bb2.jpg

Thanks for the comments though Roob, I really appreciate them since you know quite a lot of this kind of loadout.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived