Navy SEAL Discussion/Pictures

LORD_SEX

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is quite an awesome collection of photos!!

My gear for my SEAL loadout..

This is the closest I've gotten to completely finishing a rig for a modern unit loadout but I know its not quite there yet. Overtime I'm planning on replacing some of bits to issue or good relica items where possible and I need to get a belt mounted holster. 

But if there's anything anyone could suggest to improve it it would be great!!

All the Pantac and Flyye is coyote brown and the rest is coyote tan

For some reason the Pantac coyote brown seems to be coming up a lot lighter in the photo and the Flyye a lot darker than in real life. The PACA is in ranger green as I could not find a tan one in the UK at all!

DSC02091111111_zps6090cfc7.jpg

DSC02088888_zpsf06a37b8.jpg

DSC020933333_zpsd18a0db2.jpg

Kit List:

First Line:

FLyye PACA Armour carrier (ranger green)

Pantac MBSS

Flyye 200rd SAW Pouch

Flyye MAP Pack

WAS Smoke Pouch

WAS Medium Utility (Posing as 100rd SAW Pouch)

Single 9mm Pouch

ESS Glasses Case

Chem Ligts

PTT

Dummy Smoke grenade

Second Line:

WAS PLB Belt

2x Double Double 5.56 Mag pouches

TAS Small utility being used as an IFAK

Light Ordinance Pouch

Helmet: 

Replica MICH 2000 (needs a new coat of paint)

Replica Rhino NVG Mount

Replica 3x PVS-14 Monocle

Revision Bullet Ant Goggles

Dummy Strobe

Weapon:

A&K M249 Para

Including: M4 style stock, RIS handguard, QR Code sticker, Aimpoint (with paracord tie) and 100rd Nutsack Mag (unfortunately non-working atm)

Non Pictured P226 as well

Well, Ranger Green isn't the norm for SEALs but there is a picture of a SEAL that wears a Ranger Green armor carrier under a LBT-1961 in AOR1, with a Mk.17. At least the man in the picture is claimed to be a SEAL.

Coyote Brown is also not commonly seen in use by SEALs, but if you are not going for a seriously accurate impression then I would say that it is absolutely fine.

If I remember correctly, the timeframe that SEALs were using MBSS plate carriers they were also issued Norotos NODs shrouds, the older 3-screw model.

One thing that I do not understand about your kit is that if you are using the SAW as your primary weapon, it does not make sense that you would carry that amount of M4 magazines. Even if a SAW is able to feed from STANAG magazines, the M249 SAW SPW and the Mk.46/Mk.48(and variations) have the magazine well removed so that they cannot accept feeding from STANAG magazines. Again, if you are not going for a serious impression then this fact is not something that you would have to adhere to so strictly, but you still seem to be carrying too many magazines for what would be practical. It would make more sense to carry an extra box-mag.

Another thing I noticed is that in your kit list, you referred to the plate carrier as your first line and your belt as a second line. That's actually incorrect, the first line is the basic kit one needs to survive, whereas most people think it's simply ones belt kit. First line includes ones uniform and often an IFAK and basic survival kit, sometimes this would include a belt kit but it does not have to. A second line is the equipment one needs to keep up in the fight, which includes ammunition, communications equipment, water and other life sustaining gear, and it will often include some form of body armor. Of course, some gear can be split between each line of gear, they aren't set in stone. Each line of gear is different for every individual.

Well, I hope that my post has not come off as being too criticizing, I definitely didn't mean to. All in all, I really do like your kit!

@Moose

Thanks a lot for the reply.

As I said the PACA is in RG as I could not for the life of me find one in tan in the UK

and I've gone for CB as I mainly play in woodland which blends better than MJK and I also use this rig for my MARSOC and Force recon loadouts.

What years were the SEALs using the MBSS as I was fairly confident it was before AOR so I'm running DCU and M81 but don't know the actualy years?

I know the Rhino and PVS-14 isn't accurate but I got it for my UKSF loadout and it was such a pain trying to get all the bits for it for that one NVG set up I'm just going to leave it for a while and save myself the tress :D I also wear boonies quite a bit in the field, especially in warmer weather so helmets aren't that important compared to rigs and clothing.

Yea the reason for the large number of STANAGs is basically because box mags (well mine at least) are very unreliable and do sometimes don't work so rather than going all the way back to the safe zone I can just use the STANAGs until that game is over.

I have also in the past, normally when defending positions, given them to teammates to use when they've ran out of ammo

I thought it was that way around as well but wasn't sure and the thing I looked it up on said 1st line was plate carrier and second bet rig so just went with that. But thanks for the clarification.

No it didn't don't worry. It was actually very helpful and thanks a lot :D

Almost done:
1503977_689361251096651_1628048705_n.jpg

Just the M952V need some paint job

Kitlist:
- G&P M2 Aimpoint
- ACM Wilcox MK18 mount
- JG LMT BUIS
- G&G KAC fore grip
- 5KU KAC style QD Silencer
- Element eM952V
- Dboys Peq2
- JG KAC Rail panels
- lightstick, earplugs
- Custom paint (Montana Gold Line Everglade, Army Green)

• 3 weeks later...

I'm almost done with my Mk18 Mod 1 build, just need a proper sight. Where can I get a decent replica 553? Or would an Aimpoint T1 or Acog also be acceptable? I've seen some pics with these optics being used. If not then I wanna go with either a decent Elcan replica or Eotech 553 replica.

ok thanks..I'm just debating on which one to go with, probably get both and just swap in between. Since its hard finding a decent replica Elcan, which I would just end up painting anyway, as well a decent 553 in tan that would most match a real Eotech FDE color, in which case I would also paint and just wear down.

Also are there any pics out there of seals using non issued front and back iron sights? I wanna stay as true as possible but right now finding a place to get both knights replica irons, I'm looking at probably buying overseas and if I can I'd rather just buy local from my airsoft store ( AEX Torrance).

I'll post up pics soon. I managed to get my hands on a SOCOM issued SU-233 light for a damn good price! all that's left are irons, main sight, VFG (debating either magpul or tango down or even old school knights), and either a pelican or storm case that I get the hook ups on (If anyone is interested in Pelican products I can get you just about anything :D)

Archived