Navy SEAL Discussion/Pictures

LORD_SEX

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Morning guys

I'm looking for a little advice if you would, whilst hunting around my spare room I came across rig in the pic below (completely forgot I had it) I believe its a copy/similar to a LBT 1195. 

I've never really bothered going for a specific look when playing before but finding this has made me think of doing a slightly older SEAL impression. 

So if you don't mind, What sort of time frame would these type of rigs have been used, also if anyone has any photos of them in use that would be great.

Many thanks

Hyde

P8120137.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I used to have a set of Allwins, they were very durable, very well made.

Now I bought a set of TMC, and they're seemingly the same. I've only had these for about a week and the size doesn't fit me so I'll have to get rid of them. I cannot speak for Emerson or any other brands replicas, but Allwin and TMC are good to go in my book.

I was under the impression TMC and Emerson were the same anyway.

Thanks for the advice dude. I'm also a bit worried about the sizing, in regards to all the legs being shorter than expected for a certain waist size. I normally wear a 32 with regular leg, I seem to remember reading somewhere that you should order the size above. Is that sizing true with the Allwins too?

I found that the sizing for Allwin is accurate to the description, whereas the TMC is a bit small for me. I'm therefore trying to sell mine to buy a pair that fits me correctly.

I was under the impression that Emerson and TMC were not the same, that TMC were of higher quality.

Moose, I trust your judgement, but I've had very different experiences.

In my opinion, the heirarchy of AOR1/2 is as such:

Toy Soldier > Semapo > Allwin > Emerson > TMC.

I can't honestly recommend Emerson or TMC any more after they've torn up after long games. Allwin I'm trying to source now but the shipping is ridiculous. Also, totally saw yours for sale a week too late, Moose. 

I've heard a few accounts that go along with Leon's experience. Toysoldier is the best, that is the general opinion, though I will still stick with my own about Allwin and TMC. I have never actually used Emerson products so I cannot speak for them, but to me, Allwin and TMC are about the same quality wise. To be honest, I was surprised of how well made my TMC uniform was.

Though, I find that Chinese replicas often vary from person to person.

Toy Soldier is the best, true to that. Semapro is decent, but their sizing is a joke, there are no such small people to actually fit those ;). Allwin is true to the sizing shown at dragonredairsoft, and if you would like to cut a bit on shipping you can order it from royal tiger gear. The coloration on Allwin is a bit too vibrant, but that can be always delt with a laundrying or two.

TMC and Emerson AOR1 is poor, pink pixels hurt eyes. The TMC AOR2 is acceptable if you ask me (I have a fast cover by TMC), althou not as true as Allwin is.

Hyde, the 1195 is a mid 90s to early 2000s rig, think Tears of the Sun greenside kits, not a DA kit.

Fantastic man Thanks, I already have some quite faded raid modded woodland BDU's.

I've had a search around for photos from that sort of timeframe for reference, however most I've come across are not the clearest.

I know "Tears of the sun" is what it is (A Hollywood action film) but would you say the equipment and gear used by the actors is a good representation of SEALs of that era?

Thanks

Yes the technical adviser for Tears was active duty at the time of filming, and Bruce Willis has a hard on for accurate SEAL kit.

Greenside kits will be hard to find photos of. There is an older force demonstration on Virginia Beach and a lot of the guys had 1195s on, older being about 10 years ago, but I don't think its an accurate representation of kit.

Yes the technical adviser for Tears was active duty at the time of filming, and Bruce Willis has a hard on for accurate SEAL kit.

That explains the backwards aimpoint, then!

edit:

to give my post a passing resemblance to anything helpful, I think the LBT rig (which is *fruitcage* sweet btw)  is the main bit. Woodland BDUs + jungle hat, comms gear, SOPMOD block 1 and maybe a 226? Green stuff tends to be more KISS then DA stuff so I think its a bit easier to assemble. You could probably strap some flippers to your back to make it "obviously" navy seals but that's only for internetting I guess. 

Meh the guy might not have been there or something else, he could have been screwing with people, or he could have not even been involved with the weapons. I can see a producer or someone wanting it on backwards "because it looks better" even against the arguments of a technical adviser.

There are also photoshoots with real SEALs having such mistakes. I remember seeing a Specter DR backwards in one picture... Apparently some SEALs intentionally use the "wrong" kit in photoshoots just to mess with people like us. I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case.

They might have put it backwards as to avoid seeing the mirror image of cameras/personnel in the lens, instead of using computer editing to take care of it if it was a problem. There are several possible reasons and I do not think that we will know for sure.

NSW Assaulter Loadout

bersichtzbsstf.jpg

Protec Fullcut
SDU-5E strobe light

CWU Nomex Suit
Nomex gloves

EI alice modular vest
EI triple flash bang pouch
BHI utility pouch
SS triple .223 mag pouch
BHI radio pouch
USGI 2q Canteen pouch aka gas mask pouch