Navy SEAL Discussion/Pictures

LORD_SEX

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

DD only offers it in FDE according to their reps. They may have done smaller production runs in black on request, but all the information from DD is that it's FDE only. Also DD's Mk18 rail can sometimes be confused for the DD LITE rail, just saying. Voodoo, all I'm saying is that you could say "yeah I saw one in polka dots" and there's no backing that up. Not trying to *suitcase* on your word. Just sayin'.

Chris for your question the answer still stands, it's FDE. It's a weird color, I have one sitting on my workbench right now for a real CQBR-style upper I'm putting together for a friend.

http://www.danieldefense.com/?page=shop/de...;product_id=111

If you go onto details, at the bottom of the page you will see the colour that SOCOM have approved, also states reason why the rail was created in the first place etc, jsut info for any one wanting to know a bit more about the rail system really.

Anyone out there got any pics of there own Block2 yet, looking for some inspiration.

10.5, however DD make a 9.5 and also a long version which im guessing is an old school standered 14.5 (I believe) NSW spec would be the 10.5 for the mk18 block 2 package. With this said they may get an operators choice depending on mission spec etc however that info would have to be said by someone who is a Team memeber etc.

10.5 is a safe bet tho.

http://www.danieldefense.com/?page=shop/de...;product_id=111

If you go onto details, at the bottom of the page you will see the colour that SOCOM have approved, also states reason why the rail was created in the first place etc, jsut info for any one wanting to know a bit more about the rail system really.

Anyone out there got any pics of there own Block2 yet, looking for some inspiration.

@ Chris: as Titleist has said, USSOCOM has the DD MK 18 RIS II's in FDE. Spoke to a DD rep a while ago and asked why the FDE colors of their FDE M4/MK RIS II's differ sometimes, ie. golden tan, dark gold/bronze-and he said that's how their annodization process is, they're all not going to come our the same exact uniform color.

@ Carl: here's my old Block 2 M4 CQBR project (MK 18). Below is a RS pic by from a fellow member here. If you want to know what accesories, etc. are on them you can PM me.

M4CQBRBLOCK2L-1.jpg

M4CQBRBLOCK2R.jpg

M4CQBRB2D.jpg

RS

sealb2m4cqbr1.jpg

Hispeed1: Already know what is on the gats dude, and I must say they are looking sick! im loving the whole block 2 at the moment, did you have an impression to go with the gat, also like the ref pick you have posted of the real Team members, iv got it on my other laptop with the rest of the Gats that went with it some intresting kit there useing.

Hispeed1: Already know what is on the gats dude, and I must say they are looking sick! im loving the whole block 2 at the moment, did you have an impression to go with the gat, also like the ref pick you have posted of the real Team members, iv got it on my other laptop with the rest of the Gats that went with it some intresting kit there useing.

I have some gear-but I haven't posted any impression pics yet. I might later.

Little bit of info for everyone to store in their memory banks...

Straight from my ties at Blackhawk: Blackhawk did a large HPFU Contract for the SEALs. They had sizing issues with the first batch, and some were sent back, which delayed getting them into service. The HPFU's the SEAL's got are slightly different then the current commercially available ones. I was lucky enough to get all of these pieces from Blackhawk. Here's a comparison of the early gen Blackhawk HPFU ITS Combat Shirt to a Crye Precision Combat Shirt in AOR1.

In the pictures Blackhawk has the darker velcro, Crye has the lighter. The last picture has Crye on the left, Blackhawk on the right.

DSC06561.jpg

DSC06562.jpg

DSC06563.jpg

DSC06564.jpg

...can you elaborate on the differences...

The overall velcro color is darker, the knee pads are ACU-style inserts instead of Crye style inserts, the zippers and mesh change fabric, etc. They are minute, I could study these things for days and probably not notice everything.

This isn't to say SEAL's are not using the newer version, they are in the mix too, but this is a version not commercially available.

Little bit of info for everyone to store in their memory banks...

Straight from my ties at Blackhawk: Blackhawk did a large HPFU Contract for the SEALs. They had sizing issues with the first batch, and some were sent back, which delayed getting them into service. The HPFU's the SEAL's got are slightly different then the current commercially available ones. I was lucky enough to get all of these pieces from Blackhawk. Here's a comparison of the early gen Blackhawk HPFU ITS Combat Shirt to a Crye Precision Combat Shirt in AOR1.

In the pictures Blackhawk has the darker velcro, Crye has the lighter. The last picture has Crye on the left, Blackhawk on the right.

For all those interested in a timeline regarding the BHI HPFU, BHI was awarded this contract during late 2007 or early 2008 as the Virginia Beach BHI representative brought in samples of the early HPFU uniform to my favorite Shore Drive store during that time period and was showing off the various features to one the people working there. He also spoke about opening a factory in the US for special orders, but that's neither here nor there.

It's interesting to see the difference between the Crye and the BHI offering, and though I prefer the Crye version, both are prohibitively expensive.

-Piano

and though I prefer the Crye version, both are prohibitively expensive.

The thing to remember is that the Blackhawk set is expensive for a reason. The R&D cost to develop the ITS system was no doubt intensive, and each pant/jacket has 4 of them. The complexity of the design, mesh pockets, zippers everywhere, it was very well thought out. Holding it, I can tell why it retails for what it does.

Crye's offering? Well it is expensive because it is Crye. It's nice, no doubt, but I don't think as well engineered as the HPFU.

Archived