Thinking about opening an Airsoft Site

Dasistkrieg

Hey there. I'm based in Devon, and am thinking about opening up an airsoft site some time in the future. I'm an experienced airsofter, but have never run a site before, so I'll be asking for some pointers along the way. First up is choosing a location (I've scouted a few potential sites), and for that, I'll need feedback. More specifically, what would you prefer as a map? CQB, woodland, etc. And if a mixture, in roughly what ratio. Do you find that old run down real buildings add more than just wooden fences? And how many people would an optimum airsoft game be? (helps me narrow down the size I need).

I'll probably be asking for more feedback and pointers as I narrow it down and more issues become clear.

Any feedback is very much appreciated, cheers.

Blimey! Good luck to you! My tuppence...

For me the ultimate site would be a good mix of Woodland and CQB, say 70/30 - a nice varied terrain wooded area with some "proper" buildings in would be great. Real buildings are always nicer than pallets strung together IMO.

You don't want the site so large that if you have a smaller number of players no one can find each other! of course also not so small that it turns into a speedball type fest..25-30 a side for me is a nice number.

• 2 weeks later...

Blimey! Good luck to you! My tuppence...

For me the ultimate site would be a good mix of Woodland and CQB, say 70/30 - a nice varied terrain wooded area with some "proper" buildings in would be great. Real buildings are always nicer than pallets strung together IMO.

You don't want the site so large that if you have a smaller number of players no one can find each other! of course also not so small that it turns into a speedball type fest..25-30 a side for me is a nice number.

I have to agree with this, remember if you get good locations like the mall, urban assault etc. your always going to interest people

Archived