I love US woodland & Tri color...

TMC

tis always the case- I'm definately a bit of a traditionalist at heart (too much time spent watching US/Vietnam war films and predator, methinks).

of all the US patterns, tricolour or tigerstripe are my favourites, though I'm resisting that final tumble into total US-ness by investing in OD for now to go with my lbe set

can't stand marpat- sure its highly effective, but yuk. :)

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

btw who are delta force? Are they the guys based on the SAS, you know erm whatsis name........Charlie something...er.........Charlie......er....CHARLIE BECKWITH!!!! Thats the one! Charlie Beckwiths lot right?

Oh and umm cinder, you do know team america was makin fun right?

Tri colour does indeed kick the buttocks severely, need to get me some....And some of those cool US special forces stylie knee&elbow pads :D

Oh and umm cinder, you do know team america was makin fun right?

[sarcasm]

It was a satire?!! Oh teh noes!!1! :o

[sarcasm/]

:P

Anyway DELTA is the Army's search and grab/destroy SF group. Most information about DELTA is tucked away in Ft. Bragg.

ps. Harry, good taste in camo.

Kill it with fire!

Its just a guy with a CA33 and fleck, he can't do any much harm.

Perhaps this is or chance to watch the Pinko Flecktarnos in its natural habitat-

-being shot at by the no doubt superior US Woodland users :P

just remember now, you said you wanted a G36....

I like Woodland, but I prefer desert in the DPM variety; dunno why, I just like the simple patterns and tones of it :)

Anyway, here's a picture of two Marines, to keep me and yourselves happy.

45138480.jpg

Are those the Royal Marines? Only heard of US Marines being trained with SA80s because one of the soldiers wanted to compare a bunch of weapons. Nice pics guys! I would post some, but I lack a digital camera. :(

Top three special forces groups in the world. I would make a list, but sadly my number one pic isn't considered special forces because its part of the USMC. They are damn good too. Oh god....(starts to cry and hides in closet, wishing he had a digtal camera.)

List

1:Israeli Special Forces

2:SEALs

3:USMC

4:SAS

5:Delta Force

Now before anyone says anything, the USMC IS a special force. Its just not recognized as one( as in the general public has no idea that it is in fact a SF group. ) More pics NOW!! and some more lists too, this is getting fun.

I apologize if this link has been posted before. I dont have time to read through all five pages of this thread so again, im sorry if this has already been posted.

Below is a link to a japanese team that takes geardoism to a whole 'nother level. Talk about awesome.

http://www.contractorswgt.com/photos/20032...tos/main/23.htm

Tons of pictures of us woodland bdu's. :)

Yeah, thats really ridiculously cool.

I thought that the wannabe guys had awesome loadouts but i think they've been beaten by these japanese fellas.

Team wannabe has loads of different loadouts...

Joel, Jules and Eric all have awesome loadouts. We're all just catching up, however.

Are those the Royal Marines? Only heard of US Marines being trained with SA80s because one of the soldiers wanted to compare a bunch of weapons. Nice pics guys! I would post some, but I lack a digital camera. :(

The guy at the back is wearing woodland - note the cap. The guy at the front is wearing DPM.

Well actually, I know pretty much which special forces are top in terms of training, my dad used to be in a special forces group that I shall not name for security reasons. I know that the americans like to think theirs are top, and the brits are ######, and the brits like to think vice versa. Hell, I'd love to say the austrians were top (being austrian) but that simply isnt true.

IN TERMS OF TRAINING, the british SBS are the mack daddies, this trend follows in pretty much the whole british military, due to the fact it is so small, so they make up for it by training the *beep* out of their troops, infact according to my second cousin (in the army) the average TA is actually better than the average american soldier (again, IN TERMS OF TRAINING).

The british SAS are second, again for the same reason, they just lack the sea element that the SBS have.

The SEALs come next believe it or not, they actually are better than Delta. The reason for this is because they have a much wider arc of training than Delta, but there are things that Delta can do better than SEALs.

Delta come fourth as I mentioned.

Then the rest do tend to blend into eachother quite a bit. Notice this isnt including police special forces. The british D11 are the best of the SBS and SAS, so are extremely, extremely good. GSG9 are also very good, along with the spanish GEO who are often overlooked, but given a lot of experience with Eta, are actually better at coping with terrorists and bombs than pretty much anyone else. SWAT are also very good, especially LAPD SWAT, SO19 are well trained, but lack a great deal of experience, though their snipers are very, very good.

Note that this is all in terms of training, if you take into account the fact that brit military is both small, and underfunded, it doesnt mean they truly rank top. Though the SBS and D11 havent scuppered a mission to date. But still, you get my drift, america can say one word in an earpiece and the terrorist camp infront of them is reduced to cinders by an airstrike! (though they probably wouldnt need to go to such measures, but you get what I mean)

Hope I havent offended anyone with this, but I can assure you this is a very accurate account.

Rock On \m/

We will save airsoft yet

-Joe

My 3 are

1.SEALs

2.SAS

3.Dutch Marines or the Russian version of SWAT. (forgot what they were called)

OMON, the russian version of swat

http://www.specialoperations.com/Foreign/Russia/MVD.htm

top three SF groups IMO

1.)SAS/Spetznaz

2.)JTF-2

3.)GSG9

it just seems to me the US SF groups are alot less secretive then the above about what they do.

Spetznaz is up there because they gotta work with a hell of alot less then most other groups but still do there job really well..that and they use various AK variations.

Archived