problem posting on folks' status updates?

hi,

as per title, im having problems posting on peoples status updates.

i tried a few days ago, while viewing the forum in the old format (i prefer it :P) and it wouldnt post the comment. i tried today on different members status, which worked under the new format (elegant/blue). i then tried to reply again to their response, and when i click 'comment', it doesnt, err, comment!

the comment box stays highlighted as though the left mouse button is being held down over it, but it doesnt post.

i know its not the end of the world, and im not really of the inclination to go adding comments left, right and centre to peoples status', but thought you guys should be aware of it :)

cheers,

shmook

edit for clarity. it may not have helped!!

edit 2: it worked when i tried it just now, but seems buggy to me... sorry for the gibberish ramblings ;)

Edited by shmook

IIRC, the older skin is not compatible yet with some of the newer additions such as the status updates.

If this is happening with the newer skin can you please post your browser and version? Should be able to find the version number under Help -> About.

cheers misfit,

im using winXP pro, browser is IE8, version 8.0.6001.18702, also using the new skin full time now.

and its been playing up again since my first post. been trying to comment a couple of times, just to see if i could :)

edit: it seems as though if i try and post directly after clicking on the arnies link in my favourites, it doesnt work. however, if i go into a thread, and then back to the forum homepage, it lets me.

will update my favourite and report back :)

more editing than an, err, editing thing tonight by me! seems to work now after overwriting my forum link in my favourites.

apologies all for being silly!

Edited by shmook

So posting status comments doesn't work in Elegant Blue? (that's using the front Status update box on the main page).

Just wanted to confirm before I dung into the code. I don't use Safari myself, even though iTunes continually tries to install it. Firefox 4 and 3 here.