The Computer Question Thread

aznriptide859

• Replies 851
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agonizing over what components you're getting, watching numerous benchmark videos on YouTube, looking at FPS charts, waiting a 'few more months' for the new, super cool thing, saving funds.  Building a PC takes time man.  It's like your car, essentially a member of the family.

My PC has a personality, he is an awkward *bramston pickle*.

What I have to do between now and then is to find some keycaps to use.

It seems to be astonishingly difficult to find a simple solution (other than getting the blank ones with the drop).

I didn't bother, I got Cherry MX Green switches though.

The best switches.

What that means is that I can take the keyboard with the blue ones to work and irritate everyone with clicky noises all day.

Easy. Mobo in will take about y minutes, including working out where to put the standoffs. CPU and thermals paste and cooler about 10 minutes to do it properly. Leaves you 14 minutes to install an ssd and an optical drive and a gfx card and a PSU and connect them all up. Easy.

Experimenting with cable routing and airflow paths: hours and hours ^^

Example: miniITX cases. Hours of fun.

But it might be me because perfectionism, OCD and high end professional look isn't your friend then.

I'm the one that curses if a standard psu lead comes with 3 or 4 sata connectors when I only need one, heh.

Yup, definitely me!

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

Archived