Its not the hammer spring causing the high trigger tension, its the contact surface between the trigger sear and the hammer. Reshaping that will minimise wear on the hammer and also decrease trigger tension on the browning.

All it takes 30 seconds on a small modelling file, and no need to take it out of the frame either.

After this modification, do you get a normal trigger pull? Or, is it heavy still?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nice review.

I got to handle one at the local CQB place and I'll say I agree with you- the outside is pretty nice.

The trigger pull, like Fire Force pointed out, is terrible. Its the only pistol, real or airsoft, with a trigger pull worse than the Beretta 92FS that I shoot. I have to actually exert a lot of pressure just to get it to break once. I can't imagine doing that for an entire mag haha

• 4 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Lot's of good info in this old thread. Thanks!

7653355872_ce5617699c_b.jpg

I just added a WE Hi Power to my collection, and everything about it looks promising so far.

Our team is based on the Canadian Forces of the late 80's, early 90's - the final years of the Cold War, and we provide much of the Canadian contingent to Operation East Wind, a nine day long, Cold War mil-sim event held each spring in Oklahoma. The Canadian made Inglis Hi Power was the standard sidearm of the CF back then, and is still in use today. The WE's tangent rear sight is all wrong for our CF representation, but other aspects of this pistol are just fine. I've already repainted the grip panels in the appropriate gloss black, and added a rubber buffer to protect the frame from recoil damage. Beyond that, there won't be much more to do.

Several of my teammates own Tanaka Hi Powers which have suffered malfunctions, so we're hoping WE parts can be used to bring them back to life.

Held of getting one of these hoping they would release a non tangent sighted one. Bored waiting think i'' take the plunge, no doubt they'll then release one!

3vi 1-D4n - Could you post up some pictures showing the work needed on the sear.

No need to hold off, I'd say.

My Hi Power was drilled and tapped for a hop-up screw, but didn't come with one, and that's fine: it still shoots flat and straight out to 20-25m. The trigger pull is a bit heavy, but pretty much the way most military handguns would be. The trigger break is reasonably smooth and predictable. Maintenance is easy to perform, and the internals appear to be of good quality.

It's all good.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...