Back From Long Hiatus

Extraordinaire

Hey all Arnies dudes.

I stopped airsofting back in 2008 to pursue some cycling opportunities, but have recently gone through a phase of tragic nostalgia.

I'm wanting to start playing again starting this Spring and was wondering if anyone could update me of any huge news airsoft has had since my leave of absence.

Clones seemed to be the biggest rage back when I was still playing. Are there any unique models out there?

Also, there wouldn't be any southern Missouri players here, would there?

Sorry if this is the wrong section or if I'm wrong for even posting a thread like this, I feel like a noob again. mellow.gif

Thanks,

Ex

We now all ride elephants, have 500fps AEG's and have developed a way of having a three barreled AEG and GBBR because we can.

But seriously clones have taken a dive since China's crackdown but they are still around and keep coming up with new ideas (too bad they are well over legal FPS and barely work).

Other than that it is pretty much the same. More and more players are switiching to gas blowback rifles (too bad they are mostly Armalites) but that is about all.

'FireKnife'

We now all ride elephants, have 500fps AEG's and have developed a way of having a three barreled AEG and GBBR because we can.

'FireKnife'

It was difficult at first, but then that chinese company started mass producing elephant eyepro, where before you had to have it custom made.

Very little has changed in the last 2 years, probably the biggest thing is the GBBr craze, but they still arn't good enough to match an AEG simply because they refuse to turn away from green gas.

Evike keeps advertising some G39C blowback from WE....

http://www.airsoftpost.com/product_info.php?products_id=33482

I don't know of quality though; I just use Evike because they are in the US and huge, that and I am easily convinced with ads

Do NOT get that hunk of junk unless you want to rig an external air setup. Several people I know have had horrible efficiency, dirt accuracy, and one person literally had one fall apart in his hands. Anything but that. If you must have a gas G36, wait for GHK's, because the G39 just plain sucks.

My fault I thought you asked for a GBBR and I had no ideal on quality as I said earlier, however I don't think we should start dissing companies as for me they were great. They offered me countless refunds on a pre-order item that was taking longer than expected and they weren't even supposed to. So if you have beef with Evike go take it to the retailer section.

oh shush, he don't know about them classics.

anyway. new motor tech involving neodymium magnet motors (first in systema magnums and turbos) made the JG high torque motor one of the best. the damned thing costs like 25 bucks and it can pull a M210 spring at 13 RPS with standard ratio gears and an 11.1v lipo with, i think, a 40c dump, could have been less though. when i saw that, i was *fruitcage* blown away.

the higher the voltage the higher the ROF. so, as long as you have a great mosfet system, you should be fine stepping up to even 18v lipos.

you know, if you want 30 rps @ 700 fps...

As i mentioned the moddern GBBRs are rubbish because of the insistanse on green gas, classics using external rigs are FAR superior.

And they are like all things 75%+ Arma-freaking-lite.

I have yet to see a gas in magazine system that can handle proper full auto and sustained fire on a rifle. Especially when using such high pressure gas as Green constantly in order to give some decent range for UK sites, though in the somewhat warmer climates of the US it shouldn't be as bad but still will lead to issues, especially the cost of it all.

An all gas setup is easily possible, just try an all pistol setup and you will soon see how capable such a thing is. As for GBBR i have yet to see one last the day without the owner switching to an AEG or only using it on semi.

Also to add Marui have started to bring out a rather expensive series of simulated blowback AEG's along with other companies. Probably the best compromise between a sewing machine and a full rocking gas gun.

'FireKnife'

Ah yes, let's all jump on the hate wagon because we're totally unable to see any view-point but our own...

GBB rifles fulfil one, and only one, important purpose: The closest thing to a real firearm you can get while shooting 6mm BBs and not having a hose hanging out of your pistol grip. That's it, fact; I love shooting real assault rifles and I do it quite often, and my G&P WOCs get me as close as I can get to replicating that experience on the skirmish field, with lots of options and scope to customise, because that's another thing I personally enjoy.

Classics are far better performers, yep, totally true. Thing is, some people don't want the air hose, and if that's their choice then constantly going on 'oh but your gun could be sooo much better running from this tank of air' just gets annoyingly repetitive. We know that, we just don't care because it's not what our personal preference is, and if you're not going to be allowed to just do what you feel is fun in this hobby, then airsoft has instantly become entirely pointless and lost all sight of what it's actually about.

Classic GBBRs and normal AEGs are the best choice if you want the very best accuracy, range, RoF, consistency, reliability, etc etc etc. But personally, I find normal AEGs down right boring now-a-days, and classics are a bit tricky to get hold of compared to every other kind of gun with limited choice of weapons/upgrades/accessories by comparison. They limit your gear options a bit (I'm skinny enough as it is, I've got no room for yet another MOLLE pouch) and for some people that hose is not something they want. However, whoever amongst you out there isn't fussed at all about those down-sides and loves the realistic recoil, the AEG mag compatibility, the cheap running costs, the lack of cool down, the potential for amazing range etc, then awesome! You absolutely crack on and do what you enjoy doing, I wholly endorse such activity; but for goodness sake can I please turn up to a game and have that same level of respect and understanding for your personal choice reciprocated? Is that actually too much to ask? If so, I'm selling all my stuff.

The new EBB guns hit a very nice middle ground in my experience, and for the winter months it's what I plan on playing with from this point onwards. I already own 2 Marui SOCOMs, I will be getting the new SCAR and the G36K in not too long, because they're brilliant fun, take big capacity magazines and normal AEG batteries, all with a bit of kick and bolt-lock; basically everything your normal AEG does for you on the field with some GBBr features and no worrying about cool down. Fantastic compromise.

Yes, for the brand new player a normal V2/V3 type AEG that's old and familiar is the best way to begin, but if you're past that stage and you know what you want out of your airsofting then decide for yourself and then start asking more specific questions so people aren't going to do the usual "that's entirely the wrong platform to buy, use one of these instead". Those other people aren't you, never have been and never will be, they don't play your field, they don't know your budget or fully understand your likes and dislikes. Look at every option and make up your own mind, for everyone that slams on Magpul Industries/Dynamics, regardless of whether your like their products, they've got one of the best, most relevant philosophies to airsoft I can think of: It's all about what works for you.

Good read, CKinnerley. I definitely agree people should be entitled to use what they like and not get flak for it.

One day, I would like to get a GBBR to tinker around with, that's what I like about my gas pistols. They're fun to shoot.

However, I am looking for a new skirmish rifle. I loved my old CA36, but I always had troubles keeping that gun working. Never went back to Classic Army after that.

One day, I would like to get a GBBR to tinker around with, that's what I like about my gas pistols. They're fun to shoot.

However, I am looking for a new skirmish rifle. I loved my old CA36, but I always had troubles keeping that gun working. Never went back to Classic Army after that.

Yeah, possibly best to avoid CA and STAR/ARES/UMAREX on the reliability front. If what you're is a plain, simple G36 then I'd say the Gen 2 or 3 models by SRC would be a good bet, the TMs are obviously nice if you're in the UK and don't need 400fps to compete, but with you being in the states I'd imagine a gun clocking 280 would be a problem for you. The issue as always is that because it's not an AR-15 or an AK, the G36 doesn't have a whole lot of range/choice out there, but SRC or KWA make them and they should be easy enough to get hold of where you are with good potential for muzzle velocity upgrades; that'd be my recommendation anyway.

I don't know how authentic the outsides may be but STAR and ARES have one of the worst internal reliability records out there considering they charge as much as the the other mid/higher end manufacturers. SRC Gen IIIs have an excellent reputation and generally so do KWA's guns from what I've read, but they're generally stocked a lot more in the US so my first hand experience is limited to be honest.

Archived