HK Toy Show 2011

Fightingchook

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey frontiers more questions about that SVD. Does the CO2 cartridge go in the magazine? Is this dragunov semi-automatic? Does it use the CO2 to propel the bb or just work the blow back?

From what i have read on the nets, it used spring power to shoot the bb, the co2 is for blowback and loading making it semi. Nothing on location of the bulb, but mag seems likely. There was a barret posted up a whilst ago with the same idea i believe.

From what i have read on the nets, it used spring power to shoot the bb, the co2 is for blowback and loading making it semi. Nothing on location of the bulb, but mag seems likely. There was a barret posted up a whilst ago with the same idea i believe.

if it IS semi auto I'll be a happy man, and if it's using CO2 for blowback hopefully takes VSR barrels/Hop rubbers?

Awesome concept of utilizing the best of spring power (consistency) ja gas (blowback and sound). Just swap a spring to adjust power and on full auto weapons recoil spring and/or pressure/volume of released gas to control rate of fire. I truly hope they remember those who have external rigs to not only limit the co2 in magazine/stock. Also keen to see that can they make piston assemblies aesthetically attractive.

Even if that DBoys Garand is only built well enough to last for 100 shots I'll be over it, in fact to be honest if there's at least a 50/50 chance it will basically function as intended out of the box I'm buying one the second it's available. If the clips actually eject on the last round I'll cry with joy like a small child on Christmas who's parents just won the euro millions jackpot. The real version has got to be in the running for highest volume of uber-cool sounding gun noises made while firing and reloading.

im happy about the new SVD. ill wait until that comes out for sure before i buy anything new. and if it turns out good, ill sell my current DMR for it.

and for more clarity on its action, from what i can gather, it powers the blowback from the CO2 and uses spring power to fire the gun.

im guessing they adapted the A&K SVD to be cocked with gas power. not so bad, there's a good amount of real-estate in the forgrips for that kind of gas system. they would just have to add a piston to the front of the bolt (which it looks like they just made their own bolt) and add a gas system under the hand-guards to power it back.

however, im not sure if the power of CO2 capsules can power back a spring of any considerable strength.

in the other thread though, it states that this thing should be able to get off around 60 shots per CO2 capsule and you can manually do the action if you need to keep firing before you can replace the CO2. and the mags look exactly like A&K SVD mags.

either way, i will also be making that thing run off of external gas.

Archived