How much have you spent on airsoft...?

MikeLondon

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I was trying to count how many Airsoft guns I've owned over the years but lost count after about 30 or so. However quite a few of those are trades. My total investment is as follows...

Guns - £1000 +/-250

Clothing/kit - £300

Parts/accessories - £250

Green fees, ammo, etc - £1000ish

That's an estimate for the last 5 years of airsofting. Quite scary as that could have been a deposit on a house :s

Josh

If you're just to make a running total of airsoft related purchases, it's natural to see figures upwards of $1000 per year. Not that the hobby is expensive to maintain, it's just that most folks have little control over their wallets. Most folks also sell their old stuff so a current balance of expenditures would be less depressing to see. Tried calculating 8 years of spending and stopped after seeing too many zero's.

Hi my names Diezel, and I'm an addict. I've spent somewhere in the ballpark of $5000 in the 3 1/2 years I've been playing airsoft. A lot of the guns and equipment I have since sold or traded. The problem I have is once I buy one gun, I immediately want a different one. Its funny, I use to tell everyone that I only need one more gun to complete my collection. I finally realized that just doesn't work lol.

Put it this way, I could probably put a deposit down on a 2-bed semi with the money I've spent. In the last month alone I've bought 3 pistols, traded one, bought a Magpul M4 with 7 Pmags, and several items of tactical kit including a Serpa dropleg.

I am officially done spending.

...For now.

im not sure about the total amount i have spend (and its also not really important)

but according to my bankaccount i have spend around 5000€ in the first 4 months of 2010

but i noticed lately that there's also money to be made in airsoft (buying old used guns/ broken guns fixing them and then selling them with a profit, or getting paid for preforming upgrades)

if i where to guess the total value (not the money that it cost me but the actual value)of my entire kit i would probably be close to 4000€

A couple of grand I reckon. Not bad for being unemployed for most of it.

My current VSR setup is at about £600 odd quid on it's own. Plus 2 AEGs, TM shotty, 2 TM pistols, custom commissioned holster for one of them, etc.

I try not to think about it all.

I worked this out a few months ago - I reckon until recently I was spending around £3000 a year on new gear, but also selling about £1500 in exchange.

I'm now at a kind of zen medium where I dont really want for anything and have been playing years and so know what does/does not suit me...

Ok lets think about this:

AEG's and Snipers: Due to some (tactical) swapping and sales i have actually only paid about £300 and have owned around 20.

Pistols: About £750 here over the 4 years, but again most were swapped so only postage costs to pay for.

Green Fees: Lets see, only about 20 games due to funds so £20 a game for £400 and about £10 each day for ammo and gas so £200 there.

Kit: Only about £50 as i often bought cheap surplus and have sold off all the rest so have deducted that from my total.

So in total: £1700, not actually that bad having taken into account sales, swaps and gifts etc.

'FireKnife'

I'm now at a kind of zen medium where I dont really want for anything

I'm the same.

It used to be that I would actively go looking to buy guns or kit that I wanted because it looked good or I had heard it was a decent shooter. I'm only buying kit these days if I need it for a specific event to fit in with kit requirements or it will improve my life somehow over the equipment what I have already got.

Only been spending 'properly' for the last 2.5 years, about the same time I've been on a decent wage funnily enough. It is hard to do an estimate, but in that time period maybe just under £10k. Ish.

In that same time though I've put plenty away in the savings as well, so I don't see any real issue with it.

There was a similar thread a few years back.

I went through all my kit and recalled bought/sold prices. I had spent just over £1000 in all my time in the game. Since then, I have maybe spent another £500.

My old club was non profit making and ran at cost.... green fee was £3 for a full weekend for years. Eventually it went upto £5. The annual 5 day ENDURO was still only £5!!! It worked out I paid around £100 a year for over 30 days of gaming, for a decade. :) These days, some of my land access is even free.

After 20 years of playing intensly, I therefore suggest its around £3500.

I own alot of kit to show for it and all in all, it's been very affordable.

Good Hunting ;)

Archived