How much have you spent on airsoft...?

MikeLondon

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was trying to compare it to paintball, I tried paintball before airsoft. I couldnt quite compare the two fairly, as with airsoft I have bought my own gun, so it is relatively cheap unless my gun breaks, and I play every other week. With paintball it would always be fairly expensive, I would play once in a while, and I had nothing to show for it at the end of that day except the bruises! All you really need is a basic camo loadout (army surplus or something similar which is really cheap) a gun (I would say a minimum of about £120 for a basic budget gun) and some eye protection. If you play often then it works out pretty cheap over all. If you only play once a year then it works out blinking expensive! If however you want to have loads of guns and go all terminator stylie then you will have to buy all of the guns and some of them could be expensive!

I remember back in '09 I had checked all finances on my Paypal account (which up to that point was used MAINLY for airsoft). By then I had racked up +$10k. My CC bill (which I'd say is around 50-60% airsoft) racked up $3.5k last year, so TBH I'm scared of actually finding out how much I've ACTUALLY spent.

Though for most us multi-year airsofters, we've probably spent enough money to buy a very decent car XD.

I jsut spent waayyyyy to much on gear

bought:

Triple mag pouch

3 200rnd hicaps

guarder clear hop bucking and rubber

new set of camo gloves

camo face mask

Set of ESS goggles

New 3700mah battery

New rifle scope

thats it for now, depending how my finances go i also need some mounting rings for the scope, Ryan is psoting me a psare 20mm weaver rail, and i also want a PDI 6.01 tightbore barrel

but see how much the misses fleeces me for before i order then lol

• 4 weeks later...

Hmm, let's see;

TM MP5 - £150

WE M9 (w/ extra mags) - £150

TM mk23 (w/ spare mag) - £170

TM MEU - £110

Tac vest, helmets, goggles, etc - £100

Total £680.

S**T!!!

At least I don't need to buy anything else except airsoft consumables and player fees.

Now here's an unpleasant topic...calculating how much you've p!ssed away on Airsoft. But, do you know what's more worrying? How much more each one of us here would willing spend, and probably will.

Guns Owned:

- KJW Taurus PT92

- KJW KP-05

- JG M4A1 Carbine

- JG Sig 552

- Socom Gear MEU (w/Silencer & case)

- KJW M9A1 CO2

- WE MEU

- KJW Sig P226

- KJW Sig P229

- KWC Taurus 24/7

- KJW S&W 1911PD

- KWC Sig SP2022 NBB

- KJW Ruger Mk1

- UHC SX-9

- ICS Sig 551

- DBoys M4 CQBR

- Marushin Colt SAA Peacemaker (Heavyweight)

- G&G F2000/G2010

- KJW Rail Concept 2009

- KJW 1911A1

Mr Total? €2,640 - rough estimate. Unfortunately this total does not include spare magazines, parts, consumables, eye protection, tactical gear etc. At a very quick guess, I'd say a total of €3,800. Unfortunately my list of wanted things is probably twice that amount :(

Just got notification from paypal I've re-qualified for paypal premium for the third year in a row ($5,000 in transactions a year to qualify), seeing as how paypal is 97% airsoft purchases...... Then I have things payed for on my credit card.... wow, I spend way too much....

Hmm, let's see;

TM MP5 - £150

WE M9 (w/ extra mags) - £150

TM mk23 (w/ spare mag) - £170

TM MEU - £110

Tac vest, helmets, goggles, etc - £100

Total £680.

S**T!!!

At least I don't need to buy anything else except airsoft consumables and player fees.

Well, if we're counting consumables; BBs, speedloaders and Gas (most of those gas canisters I still have) this will easily cost another £150.

Total £830. EEK!!!

I'm not even sure if I want to know. My favorite rig is about 1700$ alone, and I have 2 more rigs although cheaper ones. Probably spent around 2000$ om various uniforms, helmets and kit related stuff, guessing around 1500 - 2000$ on my guns, and then all the accessories on top of that.

I would have to say I've probably spent about $7000 over the last 7 years on the sport with my son. It really has been worth every penny with all the fun we have had. We have had some amazing experiences together and have made tons of friends. In the realm of Hobbies and sports, like biking, photography, etc. It really isn't to bad.

Archived