News front page

I believe it is the way that youtube provides the code that we pipe into the news feeds. It is rendered different on different screens and browsers. Firefox and webkit derived stuff tends to be okay, but I haven't tried safari/chrome mnyself.

If I can tweak the code to improve things I will at the moment we have the option of either a bullet list of links or a video selection (as it currently is).

• 11 months later...

Any update at all on this? At the moment the YouTube subscriptions updates do just appear as one massive chunk of tiny font text, so I'm not sure anyone will actually be looking at them at all seeing as you have to lean right close and squint to even read anything, and actually picking out the stuff you want to watch is even trickier.

I've noticed a couple of times when I've put other YT video URLs in to one of my own video's description boxes that the preview show in the news feed here is actually the correct size, so would there be any way of setting up the algorithm that generates the news articles on here to take advantage of that?

I've set it to digest mode as we get so many new updates we can't have then all full size as otherwise it'd flood the news section of the website. I am tempted to turn off the video descriptions too to reduce the amount of text posted. There's no easy way really to automatically post videos. Some people type good descriptions for their videos, some people have a habit of filling the descriptions with lots of spammy junk. :(

Given how ridiculous and long a lot of the descriptions are, I'd be inclined to agree with you.

I suppose some sort of grid format would be the ideal thing, just the titles and a small preview image. But even in these days of everything on the internet having a 'Share on X, Y & Z' button attached to it, I'm sure that's far easier to say than it is to implement.