Echo 1 M240 Bravo

Real Steel M240- From Wikipedia.org

800px-M240Bapril2004iraq.jpg

"The M240, officially Machine Gun, 7.62mm, M240, is the US military designation for the FN MAG (Mitrailleuse d`Appui Général, "General Purpose Machine Gun"), a family of belt-fed, gas-operated medium machine guns firing the 7.62x51mm NATO cartridge.[1]The M240 has been used by the United States Armed Forces since the mid-1980s. It is used extensively by infantry, as well as ground vehicles, watercraft, and aircraft. Despite not being the lightest medium machine gun in service, it is highly regarded for reliability, and its standardization among NATO members is also seen as a major advantage."

The E1 M240- Ordered on airsoftgi right when it came out. Cost $750, but got it for $677 with coupon code " tim " and free shipping. Came in a GIANT box. Included is the gun, buttstock, 9.6v battery and wallcharger, and an M140 spring ( 460-470 FPS ). Sadly, no instruction manual included. Eotech shown in pictures doesn't come with gun either.

When I opened the box up, I fell in love. It was so nice. So much metal, so much weight. That is, until you get the buttstock part. Pics-

DSCN0400.jpg

DSCN0399.jpg

DSCN0401.jpg

Bipod foldeed, heatshield off. Heatshield comes off as easy as an M249 heatshield.

DSCN0407.jpg

DSCN0406.jpg

Size of the gun. Weighs 22lbs loaded. Compared to SG Barrett M82A1, and me. 14 years old, 158lbs 5'10.

DSCN0403.jpg

DSCN0420.jpg

Flip up sight- adjustable.

DSCN0410.jpg

Charging handle is spring loaded. Trap door under the gun. On the real steel it's where the shells eject. The airsoft trap door can hold skittles, starbursts, and candy!!

DSCN0411.jpg

DSCN0416.jpg

Box mag mount and box mag itself. It's VERY sturdy. Box mag is cardboard, but wrap it in duct tape, and you'll be good. Copies off the Trigger happy M240 box mag design.

DSCN0409.jpg

DSCN0412.jpg

DSCN0413.jpg

DSCN0418.jpg

Opening up the feed tray. Gearbox is kinda M249 styled. Not exact though. Supposedly it can handle over 500 FPS spring stock. Quick change spring system.

DSCN0405.jpg

Now the problem. The buttstock. It has a small latch that hooks on to the bottom of the gun. Hooked it on, and a small little smack will get the buttstock off. Not secure at all. This made me not very happy, BUT, it could be from me doing something wrong. Im asking other Echo 1 m240 owners if theirs does the same.

Latch and stock-

DSCN0414.jpg

DSCN0415.jpg

Other info-

FPS- Stock spring average is 393 FPS

Extra spring- 487 FPS.

ROF with original spring 20 RPS

ROF with M140- 15 RPS

Accuracy- not tested YET.

Skirmishability- Only for the MEN. and if the buttstock problem gets fixed...

Metal content- Everything but the Buttstock ( polymer ) and carry handle tip ( plastic ) is metal. No potmetal. CNC aluminum and steel, baby

Box mag- Feeds great. But I hope you can learn to shoot left handed. because the box mag sticks out really far from the gun, so it's odd to hold.

Edited by MrM60
  • Like 1
  • Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I love realism in airsoft.

Real Steel M240- From Wikipedia.org   "The M240, officially Machine Gun, 7.62mm, M240, is the US military designation for the FN MAG (Mitrailleuse d`Appui Général, "General Purpose Machine Gun"),

Welcome! It's really nice. According to other E1 m240 owners, the stock latches fine, so im doing mine wrong, or it's somehow a lemon. With the M140 installed, its a full automatic sniper rifle with

Box mag- Feeds great. But I hope you can learn to shoot left handed. because the box mag sticks out really far from the gun, so it's odd to hold.

That's maybe because the real one isn't exactly designed to be shot from the shouldered position?

/edit: lol too slow.

And it's funny to hear a 14y/o say that it's for men. No offense intended though, just funny :)

Edited by Zmarre

That's maybe because the real one isn't exactly designed to be shot from the shouldered position?

/edit: lol too slow.

And it's funny to hear a 14y/o say that it's for men. No offense intended though, just funny :)

Oh yeah, I know. Just saying though.

Yeah the men part was the joke. It's funny cause im usually shunned upon for being 14. Then I pull out a toy gun thats worth more than most people's car over there.

UPDATE.

Quick change spring system isn't so quick. After removing the pin that releases the spring, about 50 parts came out. Springs, screws, washers, the works. After finally managing to put everything back together, I put the stock back on, and it cut 2 of the wires. So. One hell of a day...

UPDATE.

Quick change spring system isn't so quick. After removing the pin that releases the spring, about 50 parts came out. Springs, screws, washers, the works. After finally managing to put everything back together, I put the stock back on, and it cut 2 of the wires. So. One hell of a day...

Wow that sucks...

If you get a chance could you remove both the upper and lower handguards and take a picture?

Edited by L85FREAK

Thanks Mr M60. Definatly considering one as my first support weapon :D

Welcome!

It's really nice. According to other E1 m240 owners, the stock latches fine, so im doing mine wrong, or it's somehow a lemon. With the M140 installed, its a full automatic sniper rifle with .30g. The internal barrel length fits my Barrett's barrel, so anything less than 650mm works.

• Like 1

What's the gearbox type in this thing? From the pictures I've seen, it looks like a modified V7, so does it use proprietary parts?

Looks like a VFC B.A.R. gearbox alot to me. Very high quality gearbox. Not proprietary, from what i've heard, but im not super sure.

Looks like a VFC B.A.R. gearbox alot to me. Very high quality gearbox. Not proprietary, from what i've heard, but im not super sure.

Well that's good. Almost ever since I started airsofting I've wanted a 240B, but didn't want to drop the money for an Inosaku, and hence was excited when the E1 was announced. However, $750 is still quite a bit of money, so I'd like to make sure it's not a gun that will ###### out on me after a game or two, and if it does, that I am able to fix it.

Well that's good. Almost ever since I started airsofting I've wanted a 240B, but didn't want to drop the money for an Inosaku, and hence was excited when the E1 was announced. However, $750 is still quite a bit of money, so I'd like to make sure it's not a gun that will ###### out on me after a game or two, and if it does, that I am able to fix it.

Supposedly, it's lipo ready, and can handle over 500 FPS springs stock. If you order from airsoftgi like I did, use the coupon code ''tim'', and it will cost you $677 shiped. It's worth the money to me. It's half and in the ino case, 1/3 the price of any other M240 out there. The full CNC aluminum and steel build material just beckons to you :D

Supposedly, it's lipo ready, and can handle over 500 FPS springs stock. If you order from airsoftgi like I did, use the coupon code ''tim'', and it will cost you $677 shiped. It's worth the money to me. It's half and in the ino case, 1/3 the price of any other M240 out there. The full CNC aluminum and steel build material just beckons to you :D

Same here. Well it looks like I'll get it in August when I get my bonus, or sooner if my self control gives out wink.gif