Sager custom built gaming laptop from Aug 2008

i need money to move into an apartment and i need to sell some of my more expensive stuff. this laptop is something i built in august 2008 for collage. built it for 3d modeling and animation among other things, so it can also handle all modern videogames quite well. unfortunately, its not something i wanted to sell just yet, as its my only computer and has all my vidya games.

specs:

2x Nvidia Gforce 9800GTm cards that run in SLi mode for 1 gig of space

intel core 2 quad processor that clocks @ 2.6 some odd ghz per core (fully working, no dead cores)

4 gigs of ddr3 ram

250GB 7200rpm HDD with 2 more available bays for more hard drives and is raid configurable

17 (glossy 1920x1600 16:10 ratio display with, IIRC one dead pixel if any at all) inch 13 lb. monster of a computer with a power brick the size of a brick.

note* im not entirely sure of the specs anymore, i have had it for almost 4 years. im at work right now and will check the specs again when i get home.

problems:

obviously, this is a 4 year old computer, so its got some issues. the first month i had it, i was still figuring it out. all the air flow for that much power come in from the very bottom of the case where there are 4 regular PC size fans (one for the major heat sink, one for the processor and one for each graphics card), but because it was new, and it was the first computer i have ever owned let alone the first computer in my house that could play counter strike, i let it overheat a few times and its caused small hardware problems ever since. infrequent but random crashes (once every other month for no reason) and the components heat up quicker and can cause game glitches after a few hours of playing any graphically intensive games. the case that Sager uses is a bit on the cheaper side and after about a year and a half of owning it, it started to fall apart at the hinges, so, since it didn't really clam shell correctly, i took the hinges off and now i just lean the screen up against something when i open it. from the beginning, there's always been a problem with the ram or something like that, every so often, it will beep at you when to turn it on and it will do nothing, making you do a hard shut down and re start the process(as far as i can tell, its no hurt by this since it doesn't even start booting up). other times it took about 5 minutes to start booting up, but the boot up time is around 30 seconds and you can start using it depending on the programs you have installed that start up on the boot.

other than that, its got some geek stickers on it.

the thing is still relatively powerful and will run any game you throw at it. for 3d modeling, it ran fast even when playing around with a few hundred thousand polygons in 3DSMax 2009/10. video editing and graphic work is child's play. it can run 3ds max, photoshop cs4, illustrator cs4, itunes and firefox without a hiccup. but, since it uses 2 regular gaming GPUs it doesnt have a quad core GPU, so the newer modeling programs that require quad cores to run wont work. 3ds max and maya are still cool to run though.

it came with vista ultimate 32/64, which is what will be installed. i currently have it loaded with lots a games and programs both arrged and legally acquired, so i will do a clean install of vista before shipping it out.

pics will go up after i get home and take some.

it cost 3.6g when i bought it. i think ill price it at USD 1,000 plus shipping(computers with barely half these specs go for 600 when on sale). even though the hinges are gone, its still very much portable. its a nice computer to take on a long trip where you can still do anything your desktop can or for a student where their collage wont provide a computer.

its also partially upgradable, nothing is permanently attached together as far as i remember, cause i have taken it apart before.

payment through paypal preferred (correct % more fundage is required though. need the money). also accept MO, Check and envelopes full of cash but you must wait for me to receive the full amount before i ship.

for communication, just PM me. feel free to ask for any other info.

no trades unless you happen to own a rental property in long island and will take the computer as down payment ;)

Archived