G&P Stoner MK.23 LMG

Ok then,

This is the first part of many to come...

I was working on the ammo/feed box so I decided to already take some pics of that part before I move on the MK23 after the game on sunday.

Sorry beforehand for the crappy pictures, will take care in the future to have them more clear and crisp...

First of is a general impression of the box in its entirety, it's good, real good...

I've had two M60's in the past, a VFC and A&K, they were good, but this is on the next level, G&P really did there best with the design of this unit, some of the weaknesses I've had in the past are all addressed with this one.

The flextube is real sturdy and fexible,... BB's run through without hick-up

The unit that mounts on the hopup and barrel comes of real easy, but is rocksolid once mounted, very clever system. Plenty of screws that hold everything together, only minor weakness I could find is that the screws tap in directly into plastic, lots and lots of airsoft stuff is like that, saves them money installing metal busses I guess,

so screw them down and just don't overtighten them and you should be fine... and don't take it apart hundreds of times.

Every electrical wire is good quality,well insulated and soldering is up to spec.Can't speak highly enough of the wiring, some of the best I've seen on any gun

dscf0008-6.jpg

This is look down into the hatch where you feed in the BB's, this can be done during a game, you just slide down the lid of the outer ammo box and open the hatch and pour in, quick and easy.

Bottom hatch opens up to and offers place to the 9V battery you need for the box.

Early feed designs didn't have this so the motor in the feed box was directly powered by the battery of the gun,so you were dry-firing quite some time to get the BB's into the feed tube and in the hopup

Now you can just press a button on the box and it will feed the BB's through... until they fall out and then you can install it onto the gun and you are good to go when you pull the trigger.

You leave the 9V in all the time , a little print plate in the box divides the current from your main battery and the 9V, so you don't burn that up in 5 minutes. Once the main battery kicks in you don't need to press the button anymore.You just that at the start of the day

When you give a long burst and stop firing, release the trigger that is, you can hear the box still winding to constantly fill up the flextube,from the 9V, it will automatically stop.

dscf0009-5.jpg

This is the unit that mounts onto the hop-up, you can see the two copper contacts that make contact with the base station on the gun either side of the hop-up. the flex in and out, as you can see on the pic, so no worries on squashing them.

dscf0006-5.jpg

This is what it looks like when you lift up the half of the box. Must admit they really thought about it, and the man that designed this should have a medal and a statue, the best box of any support gun I've seen.

Everywhere above the brownish part, diagonal across the box ,is where the BB's go,

Real clever that the BB's always have to go downhill so that there is minimum stress on the little motor and gearbox that push the BB's up into the flextube.

Also no BB can reach the wires in the lower part and where the print plate is, so nothing there can be shorted out or accidentally be disconnected.

Again quality of wiring and soldering is very good.

Also good is that the motor and gearbox are completely incapsulated and can be lifted out in one whole piece, then can be lubed up a little bit, as I did, no chance on grease escaping out or dirt or BB's getting in, so no problems should occur there.

dscf0007-7.jpg

This is the brown feed ramp and motor/gearbox assembly lifted out

Nice touch is that the whole gearbox/motor combo just slides in the big wheel on top of the brown feedramp, so no attachments for the rest.

It applies torque by being completely blocked in between the two halves on the ammobox,

dscf0005-5.jpg

Here you can see the big gaping hole where the BB's fall into and get picked up by the big wheel up the tube and out the front to deliver there deadly load !!! :D

Nice touch is they added dimples on the top of the wheel for added grip on the BB's

dscf0004-5.jpg

Here is the little box just before I gave it a little lube

dscf0003-3.jpg

general view of the whole stuff

dscf0002-4.jpg

dscf0001-3.jpg

box without the BB's but with battery is about 300 gr

dscf0011-4.jpg

box with BB's is about 600 gr

dscf0010-4.jpg

This what a full boxmag looks like, 1200 BB's

dscf0012-5.jpg

complete Stoner, battery, BB's full load is about 4,5 Kg

dscf0014-7.jpg

compare with an unloaded G&P M16A1

dscf0015-6.jpg

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You do a AEG review ... and only show pics of the mag!?!! :P

So for clarification, this gun's box mag has an autofeed feature? So you don't need to press a button to feed BBs into the gun it'll automatically do that for you?

What kind of battery are you running on yours?

Yes it has. I don't have a 9v battery at home, I just have to pull the trigger for 10 seconds before it fills the whole feedtube with bbs before it begins feeding into the hopup.

I might have received a lemon though. Stock broke off during transport (that's two of us!) and very bad feeding in single shot mode (no problem in full auto though)

I wouldn't be surprised if the single shot is inconsistent due to the auto feeding feature not being optimized for such a short voltage impulse. That said, as slu points out, this is a support gun ... full auto is pretty much what it's designed for.

As for the stock, that seems to be the major weak point of this product. I wonder if there's a way to retrofit a aluminum or steel armature for the inside of stock to reinforce it.

Yes it has. I don't have a 9v battery at home, I just have to pull the trigger for 10 seconds before it fills the whole feedtube with bbs before it begins feeding into the hopup.

I might have received a lemon though. Stock broke off during transport (that's two of us!) and very bad feeding in single shot mode (no problem in full auto though)

lazy *fruitcage* :D get at 9V !

No home-depots in Saint-Peeters-Lion then ?

Edited by blablabla

You do a AEG review ... and only show pics of the mag!?!! :P

So for clarification, this gun's box mag has an autofeed feature? So you don't need to press a button to feed BBs into the gun it'll automatically do that for you?

What kind of battery are you running on yours?

yeah this sunday I will take some pics in the field, and later on I will completely break it down to spray the furniture and will take pics along the way...

yes it has an autofeed feature, you don't need to push the button to make the gun feed once it is attached,

but it makes it a whole lot easier to fill it up, push the button to let the 9V do it's work and then attach it to the MK23 so you can directly go to rock and roll mode.

I am running it on a 7,4V LiPo, 30C, 3350 Mah

Edited by blablabla

I wouldn't be surprised if the single shot is inconsistent due to the auto feeding feature not being optimized for such a short voltage impulse. That said, as slu points out, this is a support gun ... full auto is pretty much what it's designed for.

As for the stock, that seems to be the major weak point of this product. I wonder if there's a way to retrofit a aluminum or steel armature for the inside of stock to reinforce it.

I only get single shot misfeeds when I try to run it on 11,1V LiPo,

So when I use any 7.4V, it feeds single shot all the time

You don't exactly need single shot, but it does make it easier to adjust the hop and decompress the spring for storage. real deal MK23 only had full auto to...

There sure is a way to reenforce it, buddy of us is going to lay some carbon matts on the inside, his dad makes RC helicopters and uses them to make the body.

But you could use metal or something else te make it better, they would all work.

But G&P is aware of the problem and i wouldn't be surprised if a second version stock comes out

forgot to ask, can you compare the Mk 23 box mag with the M249 100 round para cloth mag? They look to be about the same size but I just want to check so I can figure out what pouches to order...

Pouches to put in spare boxes you mean ?

the outer boxes fit snugly in M56 pouches, you just have to elastiband the little lock

honestly don't know anybody with one of those little nutsacks, but I could take some measurements

But I guess it isn't that far off...

honestly don't know anybody with one of those little nutsacks, but I could take some measurements

I have a STAR and I guess the dimensions are pretty much the same as other brands :)

Will you be as "Commando" (site) on the 6th? If you are, drop me an message!

EDIT: Just saw the price of a single MK23 boxmag: $118!!!! holy *suitcase*

Edited by [NL]Infinity