G&P Stoner MK.23 LMG

found some time to do the mod I had wandering around in my head...

Only took about an hour of so to, It's really nuts how much more manageable it is... astounding !

How it naturally rest on its sling...

will be playing this weekend's game like this, batt goes in the topcover

anyways here's the pic

dscf0012-7.jpg

here are some more pics

dscf0019-4.jpg

dscf0018-4.jpg

dscf0017-5.jpg

dscf0016-6.jpg

dscf0015-7.jpg

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last sunday I played my first game with the Stoner. I must say it's a beast! It's accurate, has a massive amount of bb's and it handles pretty nice. 3 words: "I love it" :D

Now the "bad" stuff:

1) There is the issue of the breaking stock. Luckily mine is still in good shape, but I know at least 2 were broken upon arrival. I even heard one snapping off when picked up (by the stock)... This is probably the weakest point on the whole gun. I hope G&P will come up with a better stock and hopefully a correct mk23 one (instead of the m63 now). In the mean while I will not be using a sling.

2) I fired about a 1000 bb's when suddenly the sound of the gearbox changed (in a bad way). So I've opened up the gearbox and noticed the bevel gear broke off. You should think a company like G&P would use better gears, but apparently not. I've had a lot of G&P AEG's and this is the first time that happened. The gearbox itself looks real good quality, so why using potmetal gears? Oh, and I'm not the only one. On the vietnam airsoft forum, there's an other case like mine...

3) I had some feeding issues during the game (before the bevel gear problem). Maybe I should have done more tests, but there is a small problem with the ammobox. The housing of the motor is a bit to tight. It pushes the motor down, giving it just a tad to much friction. loosening the screws a bit solves this. Blablabla had to do the same thing with his, but I don't think he mentioned it in his review.

And a pic:

5465670662_4c14655053_o.jpg

This message seems to be going out from G&P at the moment.

"If your stock have broken, you can contact the retail shop that selling this product to you to require for replace the improve stock we we have them.

We will send the replacement stock to the retail shops.

Best Regards,

G&P Webmaster"

If I read this right, just ask your supplier to order an improved stock through channels and G&P will supply to the job when ready. If true, that's bonzer.

The gears are a standard problem of G&P weapons. We had lots of broken bevel and spur gear axes reported in our forum. Problem is it only affects the lemons. When lucky these gears will fire thousands of BBs. If not you will find out after a thousand to two thousand rounds. So we do not recommend to change them in advance and to wait till they broke ;)

• 3 weeks later...

I know that this is Commando version (?), but is there like a bipod it comes with? Or it is akward to have bipod on it? sorry for the lame question. Also, any more skirmish - abuse reports and any info on more advantages/disadvantages of this beauty.

Yup technically this is the commando version of the 63A, RH feed and shorter barrel as the stock it comes with is a 63a stock and not a MK23 Mod 0.

But it really doesn't matter,

G&P has brought out a technically and historically correct Stoner, you can see Stoner MK23 Mod 0 with the 63A stock,.... all combinations were used back then... so it's correct, no sweat...

As for the bipod, it came with a propietary bipod,this one

http://world.guns.ru/userfiles/images/assault/as76/Stoner63-2.jpg

maybe a normal issue M16 bipod could be used... haven't tried it yet, or you could try and reproduce it...

But you really don't need a bipod,

In all honesty, technically it is a supportweapon..., all descriptions say it is, but it really isn't, you should look at it like an oversized M16 with a whole lot of ammo...

If you read reports and accounts of SEAL users in Vietnam of the weapon it was never used in the role of an LMG, with bipod that is,

It was almost always used as a close up ambush weapon, the average engagament distance in Vietnam in SEAL ops was about 40 to 50 yards...

just like an M16 with more ammo...

I know that before the g&p came out you hear and read lots of stuff on different boards about it being an LMG but it only had 1200 rounds of ammo, only had a V2 box, it was going to break, it is going to be a *suitcasey* support weapon....blablabla

That's all ######, pardon my french

It is not an m240 or minimi or whatever,

It was conceived as one, sure, but it wasn't USED like one, there is a big difference there...

If you don't read up on it's history... then you are going to use it wrong and not for the purpose the original users used it for, that is was of the reasons the SEALs asked for several changes to be made to the 63A, so they came up with the MK23 Mod 0... the best ambush weapon a SEAL could want and hope for back then...

I use mine all the time, and never use anything else... it is the best AEG one cound want, especially if you are a VN SEAL buff...

the hopup is highly adjustable, I run my box with a 90 spring and get 300 FPs, I play without the stock and sling it around my shoulders... I use it upclose and personal... I don't give any support with it, Most of the them I am the first in the brush with it the flush out charlie :D

The feed is amazing, the box is so well designed, it is almost unbelievable how good it is, I've fired thousands of round thru it and havent had a single misfeed, not one,

This by far the best electric box fed type magazine and gun that I had and have, previously owned and worked on, AK M60, VFC M60,... the lot...

of course I am biasest here, I love VN stuff... but if there was anything wrong with it, I would say it, but just can't seem to find anything :D honest :D

great !

thank you for answer full of usefull info. Sorry to say, I am not into reenactment of "nam" or any other subject. However, I was looking into legitimate LMG, that would have great quality, aftermarket support and wouldn't be another m249 or m60. I checked SRC Mg36 also, CYMA RPK. All of them are ok, but at some point I want more badass think, but still relatively light for recon, ambush...

And this MK.23 LMG is an option I am considering. I keep tracking this tread for more info on LMG. It still seems to be relatively rare and is on pre-order on most shops.

thank you for answer full of usefull info. Sorry to say, I am not into reenactment of "nam" or any other subject. However, I was looking into legitimate LMG, that would have great quality, aftermarket support and wouldn't be another m249 or m60. I checked SRC Mg36 also, CYMA RPK. All of them are ok, but at some point I want more badass think, but still relatively light for recon, ambush...

And this MK.23 LMG is an option I am considering. I keep tracking this tread for more info on LMG. It still seems to be relatively rare and is on pre-order on most shops.

That's ok bro :D , wasn't trying to heckle you or something like that,

I was merely pointing out some differences between the stuff that was said about it beforehand and the stuff I've noticed works best for this after some time in the field...

if you are not into namsoft, and just want to get the a badass support,

then sure this is the ticket, like I said before this is still a great gun... and will serve the purpose you want it for.

I was just pointing out some facts about it's use as a real deal gun

Oh and a normal M16 bipod fits... tried it.

I know the ehobbyasia has them in stock, despite stating otherwise on their site... redwolf to I guess

• 4 weeks later...

mmm maybe you could try redwolf, or WGC ?

I know over here in europe there are a number of companies that have them...

But as it's not as popular like M4 models, they are always very limted stock everywhere,

just mail around as much as you can,

maybe to the american retailers? I think I saw them at airsoftGI, or some other dealers ?

• 3 weeks later...

Can someone who owns this please measure the maximum sized battery that'll fit in this? I have some 7.4V 5300 mah lipos I use for my G&P Mk46 that measure 138 * 48.38 * 25.13mm. I'd really like to know if they fit. Cuz if they do ... I'll get more.

I was able to test my batteries in a sample Mk.23 gun this afternoon. They had no problem fitting in the gun's stock. In fact there was room to spare. These are the batteries I test fitted in the Mk. 23 and are also what I'm running in my G&P Mk46:

Gen Ace 5300mah 7.4V 30C

I hope G&P start selling them again soon. I'm excited that these high capacity batteries fit the gun no problem.

I was able to test my batteries in a sample Mk.23 gun this afternoon. They had no problem fitting in the gun's stock. In fact there was room to spare. These are the batteries I test fitted in the Mk. 23 and are also what I'm running in my G&P Mk46:

Gen Ace 5300mah 7.4V 30C

I hope G&P start selling them again soon. I'm excited that these high capacity batteries fit the gun no problem.

yeah there is really plenty and pelnty of room for sure, you will not be disappointed when you get it

Yeah I broke my MK23 down couple of times... other spring, relube and reshim

Put forgot to take pics along the way,

But I can talk you through it if you want, maybe take some pics and showing you what to do without actually taking mine down, as it shoots just fine :D

Edited by blablabla

Got it apart...takedown was actually very simple. However, I'm having trouble getting a replacement bevel gear to work...what gearset do you recommend for this gearbox? I loved the range and ROF I had with the stock parts (for the whole 10 minutes it worked) and I would like to keep that performance.

I've tried a bevel gear from a King Arms standard torque set, shimmed and cleaned everything but got a nasty whine from the motor no matter how much I tried adjusting the motor height. Any advice on how high the bevel needs to be shimmed? There did not seem to be much adjustment play at all in the motor hight once the bottom plate of the handguard was in place.

I have a new G&P 120 and complete G&P gearset coming...any advice would be appreciated, thanks all.