This is a gentle warning to the few that do place offensive messages in the reputation system and start the odd offensive post. Plus.. it's a chance for me as an admin to have a little winge about things that do get annoying from an admin/moderator point of view for everyone that helps moderate.

I've not had the chance to moderate as much as I'd have liked to over the past month or so, as I've just been busy elsewhere so either things have got a little slack, or things just look different after a slight period of relative abscence.

Some of these points are just reminders, and some are in direct response to a tiny minority of the daily posts (from both newcomers and regulars) that I come across.

There's no huge problem, but there are a few recurring themes in things that get tidied up by the moderator group in the forums.

--------------------

Rep points: All complaints about any rep points etc go past me, so I end up reading them. Try to bear this in mind if you decide to muck around. If I come across excessive childish postings from any particular user they will either get warned about it or banned outright. Offensive retaliation will be treated in the same way, "who started what" won't be taken into consideration. Feedback is to be made in response to a user's post in a topic or a specific sale, nothing else. You've been warned, so please play nice.

In a perfect world I'd like to have a sales feedback setup (like the current rep system) and a wholely separate "karma" system which kept feedback anonymous to all but the moderating staff. For the moment I've not seen a decent karma addon that does what I'd like and I don't have the time to write it myself at the moment. It needs some work from me to finish it off, but at the moment the system is pretty useable.

Pointless posts: Please try to keep topics in the normal discussion areas (not the off-topic and jokes area) on topic as far as possible. It just makes things easier to read. The Off-Topic sections are there to have fun in, please do use them ;).

Images: Of late images have appeared in some user's posts that are going beyond PG13. Again, please keep things reasonable.

Offensive PMs: In your control panel there's the ability to block PMs from any user you choose. If you no longer wish to receive them from any specific user please use that system if there's a problem this normally saves admin intervention in any arguments.

Private messages are private, but as they go via the board software we ask that you adhere to the same basic rules of posting that we'd apply to a forum topic. Anyone that sends out threats or unwarranted/unsolicated offensive messages to other users will either be cautioned or banned depending on the nature of the message.

--------------------

All things boil down to is a gentle remember to treat this forum and it's users as you'd like to be treated which should be with respect to others, and the moderating staff.

Please do keep things cordial and if there's a problem use the report button on a thread to highlight things (which most users now do, so many thanks there).

It's not a huge nag, but sometimes a gentle reminder is needed occasionally.

The forum does work well and for one thing it's nice to see people putting in sensible replies to possible problem posts before it snowballs and before a moderator has need to get involved.

Anyway, carry on, have fun and please take the above points into account if they apply to you. ;)

I thought it was obvious from the text listed. cadetrichards mentioned someone by name that he thought had been a problem in the past. That name was edited out by my and the reference to it as it wasn't needed.

I thought it was obvious from the text listed. cadetrichards mentioned someone by name that he thought had been a problem in the past. That name was edited out by my and the reference to it as it wasn't needed.

aahh, I'm used to seing the mods edits in bold, so i thought it was a series of edits by cadetrichards... thank Arn

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and the use of session cookies.