Revision Eyeware Bullet Ant goggles

Intro:

Recently, a company called Revision decided to start a marketing campaign within the airsoft community and opened up a sub-forum here on arnies airsoft (mainly) among some other forums. to kick it off, they set up a topic to give away a pair of their Desert Locust fan goggles, specifically the essentials kit. the rules were simple, just post your tag as a reply in the topic and they will randomly generate a winner. i happened to be that winner and i feel i owe them a proper review.

First Contact:

when i received the message that i had won, i obviously jumped for joy for winning one of the best goggle systems on the god damned planet and then proceeded to ask for them to send me a pair of the Bullet Ant goggles instead of the DL goggles as i needed a lower profile goggle system for my personal choice of head gear, the baseball cap (sometimes ill wear my pro tec helmet though). and being the awesome company they are, they agreed. they also nicely asked if i wanted them to use my tag in the announcement post that the drawing was over. of course i said yeah because i wanted to rub everyone's collective face in it and spread jealousy brand win juice into their (your) eye sockets.

Shipment:

after that, they sent me a message saying that they had sent out my package and a day later it arrived at my house (fedex delivered it in a snow storm at night). it only took a day because they are based in Vermont, only around 150 miles away from my house. but, i couldn't touch it until yesterday because i was stuck at work for 3 days due to the weather...

Box Opening:

after i got home i opened the shipping package inside was the box for the goggles (deluxe bullet ant kit :) ) and the RX carrier i also asked for, no packaging material. i believe even my fathers new Kevlar vest came in a box with packaging material, but everything was undamaged, so i guess it doesn't matter. the deluxe kit was supposed to include an anti fog wipe, but i didn't see one. if there is a hidden compartment in the carrying case that its in, i haven't found it. however, i'm not going to bother revision about it, though they will probably just send me one if i ask.

First Impressions:

the goggles came with a belt mountable carrying case with space for both extra sets of lenses, the goggles themselves and a separate compartment that seamed like it was made specifically for the RX carrier. other stuff included were tinted lenses (pre-installed), clear lenses, high contrast yellow lenses, a microfiber slip on goggle cover and and microfiber cleaning cloth. i quickly donned the goggles (with my glasses on just to find out first and foremost if they fit over them) and found that they actually do fit over glasses. i was like :o and i'm still surprised that a goggle system with this low of a profile fit over my medium sized frame glasses without pushing them into my face, that's why i also asked for the RX insert cause i thought they wouldn't work. the goggles are super flexible with the only rigged objects being the lenses themselves and the fitting devices on the elastic strap system. they use a rubber system for the seal against the face, like classic army goggles, instead of foam. i was worried that it may be uncomfortable, but the rubber is very soft and sits very comfortably on the face.

Goggle Features:

the best thing about them is just how good the lenses are. they are thicker than most goggles on the market, have an anti fog/anti scratch coating and have NO optical distortion whatsoever. no waviness or distortions near the edge, have a very wide angle of view (cant see the left and right most edges in my peripherals) and the clear lenses let in A LOT of light if not 100% (very easy to see through). their formal and informal test show that most smaller projectiles cannot penetrate the lenses. close range shotgun blasts and shots from 22s could not penetrate the lenses, so i feel very safe behind these in a scrimmage. though if i ever take a shotgun blast to the face, i doubt my eyes are my biggest worry...

the ventilation looks ok and it does have foam in it for particles and stuff. there's no real way of telling if these things have good stand alone protection against fog until i get into a scrimmage, but that still not going to happen for a while yet. i have them on as i type this to see if anything will happen while i work. i feel though that the goggles wont fog, but my glasses will. that's what happens in my bolle' goggles.

the straps have 2 sizing couplers. the normal friction one that you slide around to size it and the other has a latch that acts more like a quick release device than a 2nd sizer. pretty much used to put on and off the slip on cover. the style of the goggle is pretty cool. designed after the bullet ant, hence the name and the vents are in a hex pattern. they come in black and tan colors, i got black.

Changing Lenses:

since they came with the tinted lenses installed, i had to change them out to the clear ones. i don't need tinted lenses because my prescription glasses are photosensitive and darken based on lighting condition anyway. the process was easy, but not quick. thanks to the flexible frame, you just have to hold the lenses and pule the frame away from them, detaching the frame from the notches in the lenses. the frame was flexible enough to make it easy, but stiff enough to keep them in, even when struck directly. took around 5 minutes, but i didn't run into any part of it that made it tough. then a quick wipe down with the microfiber cloth got rid of my grimy *albatross* fingerprints.

Action Report:

ill talk about this once i feel i have worn them long enough and been through a scrimmage or 2.

Conclusion:

I am very happy with them. they are great goggles for a base price of $60 (off ASGI, which have great prices for these things, $120 for the deluxe kit i got). if i had bought them, im sure i still would have been happy. the amount of protection, the comfort, the features, the included accessories and the compatibility with hats and glasses is everything i wanted in a pair of goggles. so if you can, go revision. i would have liked to check the fan goggles out, as i have been wondering what a high quality pair sounds like and how well one works because i have owned a low quality clone of the marui fan goggles and it sounded like i was waring an airplane and had extremely uncomfortable, ridged frames that didn't sit on my face correctly (the bridge of my nose is a bit higher than other people), but i needed the bullet ants to fit my needs.

Picture Gallery:

will upload some pics soon

EDIT: will be editing out spelling mistakes as i catch them. if you guys find anything that bothers you, except my lack of capitalization and some apostrophes, let me know ;)(like grammatical errors or the overuse of the same word a few times in one sentience).

Edited by Horsem4n

I've been using a set for a year or two. Very comfortable, low profile and can be worn under hats and helmets due to the very thin strap width. Like the bolle's, no optical distortion, which is a must for me. Feel like wearing a fishbowl with normal shooting glasses/paintball goggles.

As with most goggles, I had to rip all the foam out to prevent fogging, but once done they're usually very clear. Also easy to swap lenses or clean.

I had a pair some three years back. While they were excellent protective eyewear, they only lasted me a year of use before the rubber frame started to literally crumble. It wasn't even a gradual thing, maybe started with a crack at first but eventually the whole thing just disintegrated, save the lenses which are practically indestructible. Not really sure why it did that if it had a chemical reaction with sweat or something or maybe it was an older model with a different formula for their rubber, but I kept away from them since.