Zeta-Lab Mosin Nagant M44 Carbine.

• 4 weeks later...

I have one of these and after some initial frustrations i have now sorted i love the thing.

Out of the box this baby was hitting 445 consistently through the Crono.

The initial problems i hade were as follows.

1:- the hop rubber was ###### so i installed a red Madbull hop rubber which did the trick but the bb's kept dipping awefully. I unwound the hop grub screw and removed it, then i gut a thin peice of hop bucking and carefully dropped it in with fine tweezers, then reinstalled the grub screw, now works a blinder! Point threes are the way forward, this gun now rocks!

2:- Clean the barrel with a good quality cleaning agent, BB flies fab after that along with the above modification.

3:- Srip the internals and clean thouroughly, then regrease the whole damn thing with Black Poly grease, makes the action work wonderfully afterwards.

4:- Heres the really big one. One of the biggest problems i had was that the gun kept over feeding and jamming. I bought a 71p Screwdriver from Wickes, the packaging had 2 rubber grommets holding the screwdriver to the packaging, i skimmed the protruding outer parts off with a scalpel and super glued it into place on the back of the hop unit, this stopped the BB's dropping back and causing the jam, there is a modified hop unit that apparently stops this but its about £40, You work out the maths!! my method works really well.

So all in all there you have it, get all those little niggles out the way and you have a fab gun.

Thanks for Reading

Scorp

• 2 weeks later...

I picked up a Version 1 M44 a few weeks ago. This evening I took it apart to try different springs. The stock spring is somewhat shorter than any aeg spring I have; it is also quite firm. After trying 6 or 7 different aeg springs I was able to easily get a Guarder PSG-1 120 spring to fit.

I stil have to put the Mosin back together but I will post again with results.

• 3 months later...