Battlefield 3

TheFull9

I got premiun and feel more and more ripped off every time a DLC comes out. What's wrong with just making maps for rush and conquest? Is that too much to ask for? The core game is stagnating as more and more 'new exciting wonderful' modes come out fragmenting the community more and more.

We need more maps for the core game NOT modes nobody will play a week after launch.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I find comments on BF3's realism hilarious. It's no more realistic than COD.

The whole 'shot round a corner' thing is getting old tbqfh, the lag is getting worse and worse but EA don't care they already have the money of 15 million people, plus 1.5 million premium subscribers. BF3 is going the way of CoD, which is a tragedy as some of my favourite gaming memories come from the series.

Well with Warfighter and then next year BF4 beta coming it isn't a suprise that they aren't bothering.

Still prefer going back to the days of BF:BC:VN, that was wacky fun that made no sense, but it was good I found.

But then this is EA, a company that has gotten a lot of rage it's way, mostly due to that whole one use codes on consoles, killing the second hand market. Well I say killing it, meaning they lose out and no-one gives a *suitcase* about them :P

'FireKnife'

I find comments on BF3's realism hilarious. It's no more realistic than COD.

Stating your own opinions in the form of facts doesn't instantly make you right, despite what a lot of people seem to believe these days. If anything that statement would seem to imply that you haven't actually played both of the titles you're discussing, I'd have thought their differences were fairly clear to see really.

For one, bringing call of duty in to the conversation isn't relevant because I was differentiating the Bad Company titles from Battlefield 3, this thread isn't about call of duty, there are other threads for those games if you want to talk about them. The facts are that there are differences in the style and the tone of the two elements to the Battlefield series. In BC2 you can sprint around in a ghillie suit chucking 'motion mines' while wielding an M1 Garand in a contemporary warfare setting, quite different to the sort of thing you'd do in BF3. It's still no ARMA or any form of simulator quite obviously, but you seem to be implying that I said battlefield is "realistic" when I didn't. Saying the Antarctic is warmer than the vacuum of space doesn't mean that I'm going to take a trip down south to see the penguins in my shorts and t-shirt with some factor 50 slapped on.

Agreed, I think the BF3 facebook put that up a few days ago, should've put it in here myself thinking about it, silly me. Closest thing to the really great movies people used to make in BF2 I've seen so far, it's just a shame people have had to put so much effort in to working around the fact there's no battle-recorder. I can;t fathom how they've still put one in, considering how many in-game video contests they've run and generally seeming to love player made content like this.

No such thing as 'never again' :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIo3q-tcmk4

F***!! It was that video! hahaha :P

I do love BF3 though. It's been a while since I played it, but there's a level, where on Rush you have to leap off the top of a very high cliff down onto the next objectives.

My squad wanted to see who'd hold out the longest before deploying parachutes -- Unfortunately that all had to be put to one side... as we all leapt, one of our guys jumped a little to short and ended up splatting himself against a protusion in the cliff face. Never heard so much laugther/crying over VOIP in my life!

(bf3addict) You're thinking of Damavand Peak (/bf3addict)

That's the one! Geesh, I really am out of touch. Thanks for the info!

Love that map as you get the base to fight over first, then do the whole leaping off a cliff thing to ANOTHER base... then a nice bout of tunnel fighting to finish off. Brilliant!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Since we've had a huge glut of offline games recently, I hadn't played Battlefield for about 2-3 weeks. Logged in again just now to play a couple of rounds of Aftermath, finished a round and suddenly got 170,000 'extra' points, which was a bit weird. Figured out why though:

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/battlereport/show/50018976/1/173325361/

Archived