Threaded barrel for my KWA Mp9r

DangerWerx

Hey there,

I am the proud owner of a KWA mp9r as of last week.

As I scouted around, the only barrel extension was made by KSC... 98 dollars for a stinking extension. So, so solve this, I went out a bought a 14ccw die and made something I could use on the Mp9 along with my other previous extensions...

My solution does not violate KWA warranty, since it isn't a permanent conversion, and also does not interfere with take-down either!

More pics to come ;D

th_mms_picture-2.jpg

Well, finished these yesterday while at the shop. I had a few blanks ready, testing fitments and such until my 14ccw die arrived. Here are the results

Threaded End

IMG_9492.jpg

With Hollow Barrel Extension

IMG_9487.jpg

Sitting on local store counter with Barrel Extension

IMG_9485.jpg

They aren't bad for a first try. My one gripe is that I still have the lugs on the flash hider, But hey, as far as I can tell, It will not void warranty. The Threaded End can also stay attached while you take down the SMG as well.

You know if you strip the upper that the metal barrel extension with the lugs can be unscrewed from the block.

If you have access to the tools required to cut threads you could make a whole new one so there wouldn't be lugs on your outer barrel.

The TMP barrel extension (or replicated one) would go in the same place and allow you to use the old TMP silencers.

You know if you strip the upper that the metal barrel extension with the lugs can be unscrewed from the block.

If you have access to the tools required to cut threads you could make a whole new one so there wouldn't be lugs on your outer barrel.

The TMP barrel extension (or replicated one) would go in the same place and allow you to use the old TMP silencers.

Yup currently working on that as we speak.

I would rather not use the original TMP threads though, as they ( the TMP barrel extensions ) are hard to find and I'd rather avoid making my own... So I will be doing a 14ccw version instead and attach bits to my heart's delight ( currently have 3 cans to play with, 2 QD and 1 screw on)

Took me awhile, since I have been working on my New Flute Valve ( Post Coming )

Archived