Shortening wires!

Jolly15

Tis cool we cant all be technically minded :P

You wont need to touch the battery connections.

Find the longest part of wire be it between the fuse box and the battery connection or the fuse box to gear box wire (This will be longer i think),So measure how much you want to cut off and cut that out then just solder the wires back together and cover the exposed wire with tape/heat shrink

Hope this helps

It's called splicing and not that hard. You will need a solder, some heatshrink wrap and a wire stripper.

1) Figure out how much you need to cut off (include some extra as well). MEASURE TWICE CUT ONCE! This is no laughing matter, you don't want to cut more than you needed in the first place.

2) Make your cut and use the wire stripper to strip off the last little bit of the wire.

3) While you're at it why not rewire for deans connectors if you don't have them already, compare that to tamiya connectors which aren't as great. Deans offers less resistance, a "better connection", and won't melt (or at least take longer) and apparently some people have said they've seen a slight increase in their ROF from upgrading to deans.

4) Take your heatshink weap and put it on the wire (cause after you make the connection between the wire and connector there's no room for the heatshrink wrap to slip on.

5) Now take your deans connector and your solder and have at it. You can pretin with rosin cored solder if you want but what I do is put flux on the joints then solder it (cause I'm cool that way.... well actually it's cause I don't have any rosin cored solder wire).

If you need a video guide heres one (I just randomly picked it from a google search, if it's not that great just type in something like "how to install deans connector" and it should come up with other videos)

EDIT: Ewww... ugly formatting with the video.... Hate how it got embedded....

Click here for video!

Archived