Number of magazines used per game

Agent47

125 members have voted

1. 1. How many magazines do you use per game on average?

• Between 1 and 5
    • Between 6 and 10
    • 10+ (wait, what?)

1st vote!

i used to and still (when i visit) airsoft in hong kong. and due to the small nature of maps, we usually have very fast paced skirmishes lasting 10-20 mins max usually less, so 10+ mags (75rnd) is nothing in day. i carry 6-8 mags excluding pistol in an outdoor skirmish. on average i use 3 mags in a skirmish often more depending how long i stay alive, what my position is and my opposition.

in CQB i usually carry 3-5 mags and often end up using give or take 3 mags depending on the skirmish conditions.

-brendan

Yeah, wait, is this like per scenario or per day? Either way, I imagine I'm on the lighter side... I'll often find I've gone through a whole scenario without emptying a single mag. I don't think I've ever run fully empty, although I've come close... and whenever there's downtime of any kind I'm usually quick to reload the empties with a speedloader, so that's probably part of it.

It depends what I'm doing.

When I took the AUG H-Bar for woodland I had 16 80 round mags in an Arktis chest rig.

When I would use the TMP at Electrowerks there was an ammo limit on electrics but none on gas guns so I had 12 50 rounders for that and a 1911 with 5 mags and a rubber knife.

Pistols only meant (at the time) a 1911 with 11 mags and 8 mags for the Detonics Combat Masters plus a rubber knife.

Recently I am on a KSC Glock 17 with 5 mags and the FPG (or a pair of 18Cs) with 7 long mags, 2 dynatex grenades and a rubber knife.

If I am lucky enough not to be hit I will routinely run out of ammo.

I have always preferred having many mags to more guns (sort of the opposite to Neo).

Back in the day I had:

24 40mm shells

10 G3 locaps

16 M4 midcaps

16 Aug locaps

12 TMP mags

7 P226 mags

11 1911 mags

8 Detonics

10 mags for the KSC HK33

12 M4 GBB mags

4 M4013 mags

50+ Maruzen shotty shells

25 Tanaka shotty shells

Plus more, I can't really remember.

all my rigs are set up for 8 mags non of my mags are above 85rounds , 3 pistol including the one in the pistol (i started off s"ofting at Dragon valley were they have an "only 600 rounds in the feild per game rule" and i got in to the habit of only carrying that many BBs) but when i play at sites that run longer game senarios i may also carry a small bag of BBs (400-600ish) in a utility pouch with a small speed loader , don"t offen need to re-load but its use full to have "just in case" ;)

Depends on the game and location.

Average Game at SFS (CQB): 1 to 1.5 Magpul PTS PMAGS

Pistol/Shotgun Only Game at SFS: 2x TM Mk.23

"Spartan" Game at SFS (Smaller Number of Good Players vs a never ending horde): 3-5 Magpul PTS PMAGS + a Thunder B (only been on the "Spartan" side)

Average Game at Cousins Airsoft Coram (All day game): <10 PMAGS

Operation at Coram: >10 PMAGS

Too many variables to answer the poll for me.

Surely it depends what kind of situation you've managed to get yourself stuck in then had to shoot yerself out of? ;)

Quite.

There was one time where I took an M249 with full box mag, M4 with six mags, and a Glock out into the field, for a single rolling defence game. I probably used 1,000 rounds in that match alone - the *suitcase* hit the fan big time. At most other matches I'd probably go through less than 300 rounds as I like to go sneaky quite a lot.

I personally load up with as many midcaps as I can comfortably carry - minimum 6-8.

Being a fairly large fellow, sneaking about is a little harder for me to do, so I quite often straight-up assault or play as a diversion*, which requires a lot of ammo - even though I only ever use semi-auto, I go through about 3000-5000 rounds a day.

*Complete with dancing and shouting "LOOK AT ME! I'M A DISTRAAAAAAAAAAAACTION!" which surprisingly works very well.

The 5 mid-cap mags I had usually lasted me a single game quite easily, however two weeks ago I ran out of ammo on a particularly long game (and also due to an opposition player not taking his hits - so I pumped nearly a full mag into him with a marshall watching - the marshall had a quiet word with him). Just to be on the safe side I purchased another mag - now up to 6 which is 720 rounds plus 15 in my pistol. I also have 6 mag pouches on my vest and it seemed rude not to fill them. It's probably a bit over-kill, but I know i won't be short.

Dang, chose the wrong option. I no longer skirmish as much as I used to but when I did, I ran about 9-10 mags (8 MAG midcaps, 1 VN G&P midcap=900 rounds give or take), one being a high cap(450 rounds) which is generally used last. I've only skirmished in a CQB environment and at the specific one I used to go to, suppressive fire is used frequently by many players so me personally, I end up using most of my mags by the time the game is over. Not much of a spray and pray type of person but as stated earlier, suppressive fire, used frequently ;). My sidearm was not used as much since I lacked additional mags(WE-Tech 1911 2x15 round mag) I don't use it as much when skirmishing unless my AEG went down or something. My loadout recently changed to carry less mags(approximately 6 including mag in replica) so we shall see how much ammo is used when your loadout changes along with mag pouch count. :)

I carry 7x 75rd PMAGs and 1 200rd hicap, along with a Sig P226 with 1 mag. Quite often I will go whole games without using more than one rifle mag, but on Saturday's skirmish, I went through 6, reloaded 3 and went through those, and emptied my pistol mag completely, as well as chucking a pyro.

Depends on the game type and how up close I am willing to get, but generally i will go through only 2 or 3 mags per game.

Depends what you mean by game. I play at the mall and the "games" last 45 mins roughly; and I tend to take out 3-4 mid-caps and 4 pistol mags. I tend to use up all the pisol mags but only two of the midcaps per 45 min game. That's about 300 rounds per 45 min game; roughly 1800 rounds for the full day's play. Does that make me a spray merchant?! It's all on semi auto....

Does that make me a spray merchant?! It's all on semi auto....

Yes :D

For a 30-45 min indoor game i max 3 pistol magazines (about 75 rounds) and that does me.

However in one game i managed to the whole thing and only fired two shots, the rest of the time i was hulking the objective around.

'FrieKnife'

Archived