Ares Tavor TAR-21 upgrading to DMR 500fps

Thalantyr

Hey there, I'm an airsoft player from Argentina, so excuse my bad English.

The thing is I bought this gun: ARES Tavor TAR-21 AEG (Rail Version / BK).

I want to turn it into a DMR, which in my country is limited up to 500FPS, so I would like to push it to that limit, at least between 490 and 500 if possible.

I've been reading and watching many reviews about this gun, most mention the unique GB that it has so I'm not sure what to buy and what version of that part.

So here's the big question: what parts should I change to take my Ares Tavor to 490-500 FPS? if you could post links to those parts that would be great too.

Also the barrel length: I have read that the short version (the one with the MARS red dot) has a 407mm barrel, does anybody know what's the length of this version? should I change it?

I wanted to put a silencer too, which one fits the TAR that you could recommend?

Thanks a lot for you help.

While the TAR at first glance/shot seems like a good platform for a DMR, it isn't.

It uses a crudely modified version of the Marui M4 hop up design and no where as consistent as some other systems out there. Coupled with a wobbly lightweight outer barrel, and a very unbalanced body, make is difficult to aim in a hurry.

If you do want to try and accurise, then you will need:

- New tightbore barrel (original barrel is poos)

- New hop rubber

- H hop nub

- Telfon tape around the hop rubber (Airleak )

To get it up to 400fps+ you will need:

- New Modern high torque motor

- Appropriate Spring

Then to make it more balanced you will need to:

- Open up the foregrip

- Add lead weights into it

- Add a lower rail

- Add a Harris Bipod

If you have a CTAR, Then you will need to buy a top scope rail.

And if you want to make sure mags don't fall out then you will need to add an extra spring to the back of the magazine release lever.

I can tell you now I have done this to my CTAR and its consistency is still no where as good as my Thompson, my SA58 OSW, my A&K Masada or my CA Steyr AUG

As far as I know, all the parts can be upgraded except the cylinder head that is unique (source:

at 1:14). I really dont care how difficult this DMR convertion is, but I do care about the performance. I think that the wobbly barrel and unbalaced body can be easily fixed, but the hop up chamber could be a problem since it is attached to the gearbox and eventhough it can be removed I dont believe it can be replaced, does anybody know anything about that or about the stock hop up performance with new rubber and nub? Because the hop up is a critical part of a DMR..

Thanks for your replies, I wait for more info about this and my first post!

Archived