Hunteering

makin_012

Hi

As some may or may not know airsoft sniping has evolved into a new sport known as hunteering. Infact i believe the creators of these events are members of these boards.

I am interested in this style of play but as yet have not had the opportunity to play. As such i have taken it upon myself with the help of site owners to organise some games myself.

The reason for this topic therefore is to guage interest in the sport. If you have not heard about it just check out 6mm hunters on youtube. There are some excellent promotional videos on there.

So please register you interest here and when i have some more info i will post.

Thanks

Makin:Join this forum, which i am a memeber of and was created by Phantom, who invented the Sport. There are people trying to put together games in the UK already, this may be easier than searching this forum.

http://pursuitoutdoors.lefora.com/

Here is the link to those who want to see his channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/phantomTMA

I believe that you will find the interest you are looking for there.

L96 Ninja:

Read through the articles on this website:

http://www.sixmmhunters.110mb.com/

I Hope that helps, i myself am trying to get more people interested in this sport in my area, it is so much more rewarding/challenging than just skirmish sniping. It is a true endurance sport.

Scar

• 2 weeks later...

weve been trying to put an event together for a few years over at gunman, the problem we have found is there has never been enough interest in an event like this, people want in untill they realise it wont be all out war and the lose interest and the few that where still up for it didnt make it a viable thing to run.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Is there anywhere/anyone currently running Hunteering games in the UK?

It has been said that running a game open to the public (with all the proper insurance etc), even non-profit, makes it prohibitively expensive because of it's inherently low number of entrants - what kind of overall cost are we talking here? £1000 a weekend? More? Is this something that any of you regular privateers in the UK have considered and/or tried to organise before?

Just putting it out there - if you don't ask, you don't get

Matt

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Great video Bushman, are you still using a Cyma AEP?

Were any of those Pistols AEP's?

Nah. We moved onto Gas pistols, as our AEP's started to let us down. DODGE failed to connect on an ambush due to his AEP misfeeding; same happened to MANTIS. My old G18C AEP had the fireselect fall off on one event; so I gave it away. It never actually let me down; I just moved on before it did.

We all now use TM GBB or TM MK23 as sidearms. Using 0.30g they really do shine, with great range and accuracy.

In our rules, you only get 1 magazine with a gas pistol, or 2 with an AEP (semi auto only allowed), to last all weekend. Not seen anyone field an AEP for a couple of years in all honesty.

If I had to take on hordes of players who had AEG's; I would suggest that a good GBB with several mags, combined with a TM MK23 (for sniping) would be the most practical setup you could probably use. Far easier to crawl, sneak, hide and manouevre than any rifle/SMG. Only thing they would fail on would be sustained firefighting..... and thats not our style anyway.

Good Hunting ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Right then, by my estimation we have five of us interested in attending a Hunteering training weekend run by Phantom (Lightbulb, Makin, me and two guys off the 6mm forum - jb and def). What we need is 8-10 people. If each of us can find one more person then we're there! Not only will this achieve our aim, but it's also likely to cut our individual costs as we all come from different places, and two traveling together is usually cheaper. So, please please please can you talk to friends and team-mates and lets see if we can get this off the ground!

Cheers

Matt

Archived