What do you think?

Chrome also I'm afraid. :(

I'll have a look into it - I'm a bit puzzled to hear it's not working.

Talk about silly reason for that? I managed to figure out why I didn't see it.

I'm running Chrome at +1 zoom due to sight issues when reading small-print, it screws up with fit. :/ This one goes in my end of the field, sorry.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Can i just add to the whole rep and post rep debate.

To be honest it is an unnessecary system that i find encourages others to basically give no real opinion or help to the discussion by allowing them to remain hidden and have a go at others without giving a reason why.

I admit that in the pictures section the ability to give someone a +1 helps save clutter and posts of 'good job etc' from filling up the threads.

On something like Facebook or Youtube with the Like and thumbs up or down system it works there however on here it just seems way too open to abuse. That and leaving players with a sense of why have i been given a +/-, what part of my post did they like or dislike.

Could a poll that says 'i want / don't want the post rep system' be put up and that way we can have a majority vote on it? Then we can see if all of us want it or not.

'FireKnife'

• Like 1
The rep system is no longer fully-integrated, +/- votes affect nothing but the colour and number on the post.

Physically fair enough but to the users that ability to give +/- to someones post changes things as i have said. It leads to too many people lurking and only hitting a button rather than actually taking the time to voice their opinion, something that if i recall the concept of the forum was designed for.

It turns it into Facebook and gives that ability to have no real opinion on a subject to people that are already lazy enough to post what they think. Like i have said before if only 5% of those 100 that press a Like or +/- button actually piped up and posted then we could have a much greater show of opinion.

Would it be possible simply to have a voting thread, at least that way it is all up to us, the user.

'FireKnife'

I love arnies, I keep on seeing how good our mods are and how the forum keeps up to date. Good job guys :D.

One niggle I have is with the thread numbering on the subforums pages (and searches). You have the thread title, and then pages "1, 2, 3, x" where x is the latest page. once a thread is 10 pages long the first few pages are irrelevant, old news, you only need the first page for when you go back and read it from the beginning (I do that every now and again). What would make much more sense to me would be "1, x-2, x-1, x", so that you can go back to the penultimate page when the thread has gone over a page scince you last looked.

Physically fair enough but to the users that ability to give +/- to someones post changes things as i have said. It leads to too many people lurking and only hitting a button rather than actually taking the time to voice their opinion, something that if i recall the concept of the forum was designed for.

It turns it into Facebook and gives that ability to have no real opinion on a subject to people that are already lazy enough to post what they think. Like i have said before if only 5% of those 100 that press a Like or +/- button actually piped up and posted then we could have a much greater show of opinion.

Would it be possible simply to have a voting thread, at least that way it is all up to us, the user.

'FireKnife'

I honestly don't know anyone that pays much attention to the rep system anyway, and haven't really seen any cases of posts receiving negative reps for no reason either. Not to mention it still seems rather odd to get upset about as it doesn't even affect anything or show anywhere but the post that has been voted on unlike the previous rep system.

As Marlowe explained, it is Arnie's decision however the priority at the moment is going to be resolving a particular issue that has been ongoing rather than voting on whether to keep a system that has already been disabled and affects very little.

I honestly don't know anyone that pays much attention to the rep system anyway, and haven't really seen any cases of posts receiving negative reps for no reason either. Not to mention it still seems rather odd to get upset about as it doesn't even affect anything or show anywhere unlike the previous rep system.

As Marlowe explained, it is Arnie's decision however the priority at the moment is going to be resolving a particular issue that has been ongoing rather than voting on whether to keep a system that has already been disabled and affects nothing.

I understand it is not a pressing issue, merely voicing my concern for the system. If it stays, then it stays, i don't mind just offering an opinion on it. I have only seen a few of the more regular members comment on the system but that is why i requested a possible vote, when the time is right of course.

In terms of negative reps i have only seen one or two that i can recall, but that is based on my opinion that the negative was not deserved more than anything.

'FireKnife'

I don't see the point of the rep system at all, it just gives one post a good or bad "score" and your better off reading the post and deciding for yourself if its good or bad.

On a related note, a proper reputation(weather separate or a replacement for current is not mine to say) for the sales subforums, to indicate simply good and bad traders.

I don't see the point of the rep system at all, it just gives one post a good or bad "score" and your better off reading the post and deciding for yourself if its good or bad.

On a related note, a proper reputation(weather separate or a replacement for current is not mine to say) for the sales subforums, to indicate simply good and bad traders.

And there are appropriate threads in each country's sales forum to leave good or bad rep for people you've done business with so feel free to use that instead. ;)

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

But I think he meant how the bar is now stuck on top, and no longer floating at the bottom as you scroll.

That's the one.

I know there's the little back-to-top arrow that floats in the bottom right, but it really does feel like a step backwards to go from having all the sub-sections floating there, to having to click that arrow and then navigate back up to the larger section you want to visit. I appreciate this might seem almost lazy since it's just mouse clicks, but when you multiply it over a large amount of time spent on here then even small efficiency increases when navigating add up to quite a lot of time/clicking.

• 3 months later...