• GBB micro-SMG (e.g. mac-11)
    • Cheap AEP micro-SMG (e.g. well mp7)
    • AEG SMG (e.g. MP5)
    • GBB SMG (e.g. KWA aks-74u)
    • Other (please post)

Hello,

I come with a dilemma,

What side-arm?

when sniping i need a backup, ive found myself in many situations when I am forced to enter CQC areas, or the enemy is getting a bit close.

but at short range my KWC sig GBB doesn't really hack it with its pathetic performance, and my scar is too bulky to lug around on a lightweight sniper/marksman load-out, and you can only go so far with a knife.

at the moment i have just being using a belt kit with svd mags, knife, pistol and grenades and normally play as part of a two man sniper team, or squad level marksman.

What options are available? I need some help in deciding what to get, and some pro's con's or experience with any of them.

I could get...

-A good GBB pistol such as TM or KWA Sig, (this could also replace ###### sig in rifleman loadout aswell)

-A GBB micro-SMG such as mac-11 or MP9, (seem to be a bit expensive for what they are, but look a hell of a lot of fun)

-A AEP micro-SMG such as well MP7 or skorpion (hard to get hold of in UK now, and for price of TM could get something better, but for price, good option?)

-A AEG SMG such as a mp5 or kalash aks-74u (already have a scar, to alike i think, but a lot close range firepower)

-A GBB SMG such as the KWA AKS-74U or equivalent (ive wanted a GBB rifle, and a AKS-74U since... forever)

With a few options I could kill 2 birds with one stone, and cost is important (the cheaper the better)

but would a AKS-74U be to big to lug around like the scar? would a semi-automatic pistol lack that close range edge?

So can anyone give a few tips/advice?

What setups are people currently using?

Cheers in advance for any help. smile.gif

Grim.

I don't know your price range, but I would suggest either a Galaxy mp5k if you want an aeg, because they're really reliable ( though I would toss the battery) and are very small. If you want a pistol, I would suggest an Army armament Kimber or Meu ( R28 or R27), they're exact copies of the TM 1911, but with full metal and different externals. The only thing about the pistols is that the mag may leak from the fill valve, if you've got some teflon tape, just tape the threads and screw the valve back in, that'll completely take care of the leak ( or at least it did for me). Good Luck!

You probably ought to scratch the AKs off your list. They're heavy and bigger than most of the other options you've listed. Not very practical. And the KWA doesn't exist yet, so no use thinking about that unless this is a long-term goal.

As a sniper, I can see the utility in having something with auto capability. Never had a MP5K myself but it does seem like a good choice. GBB MP7/MP9 are both good choices (although every MP9 I've seen/heard of shoots MUCH too hot out of the box). I personally have slung a P90 on my back as a backup and found it very light and unobtrusive. One other suggestion I might make is a Glock 18C... 50 round mags and the full auto on those things will definitely keep heads down!

If you need something reliable, use an AEP, TM if possible if not, any clone will do the trick, I personally reccomend the Glock18 with some upgrades from Eagle6, If you prefer a GBB, KJWorks 1911 CO2 version accurate OOTB with a good range, into the playable FPS limits and price below 100$ (I absolutly LOVE mine), but the best advantage it will give you, its that you will only need a shotgun shells pouch to carry the CO2 bulbs instead the big gas bottle.

Your choice, but I personally would narrow the options to AEP and GBB pistols :)

Well, cheers for the advice everyone

a no-no for MP5 and ak then.

and it looks like most people are saying GBB pistol, and i want a TM sig so i may be go for that and If i can get a well scorpion ordered in cheap, ill get both.

(i just wish some one made a APS Stetchkin lol)

cheers agen

True CQB you want a GBB handgun, I will always recommend TM in this category.

For "what the woodlanders think is CQB" and closer ranged woodland a GBB or AEP would be adequate depending on the exacts of ranges and speed you need.

GBBs are faster, much much faster, and AEPs have the better range. This is OOTB I am talking about mind, upgrades change things greatly.

I'd probably recomend a TM sig 226, feed it green gas and change the piston head when it breaks to an 0-ring type rather than the "cup" type that TM insist on using.

Several options really.

- TM NBB/GBB for reliability and accuracy. Keep slide plactic. I'm talking MK23, TM 1911/MEU for something louder. KJ works KP-07 with CO2 is nice alternative as it's completely TM compatible. IMHO TM P226 is not very usable less than 15°C

- KWA/KSC is also a very good choice imho, and you can use the same BB's as the ones you're sniping with. ( 0.25+ ) Go with NS2/ system 7. Preferably plastic! I'm talking M17/18/19 if you can find one or USP. KWA 1911 MK series is nice but full metal.

- TM MP7 miniAEG. For use when GBB's fail ( ex. very cold weather ). Use LiPo. very accurate, low FPS. Low profile with 20 rd Mags. Quiet! Upgradable but not to full AEG spec.

- KWA/ KCS MP7. goold cold weather GBBr. Quite accurate, good ROF. high FPS, so use NPAS. Low profile with 20rd mags. Mine with a KM TN 6.04 17mm barrel is a laser shooter...but for a sniper: LOUD !!!!

Pantac has MP7 molle holsters in several colours with integrated magpouch.

Just be sure you can tuck it away nicely !

Stealthy but expensive

The Maruzen P99 fixed slide appears to be available again as Maruzen (Umarex) at Firesupport. If unchanged, it's worth considering for it's reliability and silence, though in my experience fitting the non-standard thread supplied silencer in a hurry can be a bit fiddly, but carrying with the silencer fitted it can feel a bit vulnerable or awkward because of the length and thinness of the silencer. If you wanted to use a standard thread stubby silencer you would need to buy a silencer adapter and they do not seem to be easily available.

Full-auto fire or stealth

TM Glock 18C EAP (or cheaper Cyma), with possibly an added Glock front-rail/mount-base to allow attaching a silencer and sight.

Fun, loud and responsive

TM P226 or 4.3 Hi-capa

To echo and reinforce what has been said already; if you take your sniping role seriously then the weapon of choice would be the TM MK23 (Non Blowback). That thing is silent and deadly.

I've witnessed and been on the receiving end of the MK23 on numerous occasions and it brings an envious grin to my face every time. If you get rumbled whilst sniping but remain confident, you can pick off a few targets then regress out of contact long before anyone finds your hiding place. I'll agree it's far from ideal in a CQC environment, such as that which you may be forced into at times, but for woodland use, it's hard to beat.

I have just bought an ASG (rebranded YP) Mk23 Socom - a clone of the TM with better magazines - and it is stupid quiet.

All you need to do is take the fake suppressor apart, remove the barrel extension in it and replace it with a AEG spring wrapped in kitchen towel or felt and then it becomes silly quiet - firing it at a target with the silencer on, the sound of bbs hitting cardboard is louder than the gun firing.

As a plus, it takes TM GBB hop-up rubbers and barrels, so I'll be getting it a 6.01mm tightbore asap.

Archived