WE 1911 Pistols... A little TM PX4 Storm

bankz5152

Pistols? Which?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Would would you get based on below?

• TM PX4 Storm + 2 Mags
    • WE 1911/MEU + 4 Mags

Essentially WE guns are for those that demand metal but not the £300 plus price tag that some can cost. If it breaks, which it will, then you have only sunk £80-100 into it and it is not a big loss, just buy a new one and use the broken one for parts.

However if you want an all year round performer and metal is not an issue to you then a TM will work all year round, with no issues if you know how to look after it. I have owned and shot both WE's and TM's and i can't think of a single situation in which i would choose a WE over a TM but i am not metal obssessed and prefer quality of the shoot over weight and feel of the gun.

Seeing as over here in the UK a WE guns goes for £100 and most TM pistols are only £120-150 it is not such a big price gap for what each can offer. Considering once a game i get asked 'how are you getting a whole mag out of your 1911 in this weather' to which i look at there gun and it is a metal WE or Marui clone and point out that the issue lies there in the type of gun they have when they could have had a TM.

'FireKnife'

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In Canada because of our silly replica laws, prices are 2.5x that of the US... so WE 1911 is 250$ and the TM 1911 is 375$... With metal kit installed the cheapest I've seen was 600$ but are more frequently around 800-1000$ because of additional upgrades.

I feel like I have a fair bit to offer here.

I am probably one of a very few guys on here who have had more pistols than Fireknife.

I have always been keen on making my stuff full metal, I have done some stuff that has cost me upwards of 1000GBP including prime steel 1911s, FM Tanaka Browning, FM M4013, FM WA Cougar and a lot of really rare stuff.

I had one of the first WE pistols sent to me to repair after the owner took it apart and couldn't re-assemble, it was dog egg.

I would say at this point (unless subjected to silly Canadian laws) I would never buy another clone pistol.

The differences are there and they are important to me.

If you are interested in pure performance, skirmishability and dependability then buy a second hand TM gun with a double stack mag, not the M9, and leave it stock.

If you must upgrade then you only need a tight bore barrel, nineball hop rubber and mag top and some LPE shims or the home made equivalent.

Leave it plastic.

If you want a great looking pistol that sometimes works then chose the metal kit you like the best, doesn't matter which. Buy the pistol it fits and stick it on.

It might work, might not but it'll look great.

If you base it on a TM it is a bit more likely to work.

Even with all the uber-upgraded crazy pistols I had I always had a full plastic TM P226 in my skirmish box.

In case of failure of my gucci stuff it was always there for me.

Still is.

Very good point Stuntman.

I do like upgradeding my pistols so that when I use them i get a 'wow factor'

Hence the full metal chrome Desert Eagle :D though only for summer use as I cant have it as a reliable side arm in winter due to massive cooldown.

To be honest the finish on the PX4 is lovley and personally I think an MBK/Metal slide would ruin it, kicks nice and hard as is aswell.

The only thing I would add in the future is a metal outer barrel/threaded outer and in about 10 - 12 months spring replacment.

If you must upgrade then you only need a tight bore barrel, nineball hop rubber and mag top and some LPE shims or the home made equivalent.

Leave it plastic.

Exactly if you want it to run year round.

I don't understand why people don't get (i mean experienced people here like me) that a metal slided gun can have bigger cooldown issues than a plastic slided TM or old KSC.

But it is also not just the case of the slide, metal frames can lead to issues with the cold passing to the magazine that is in the gun at the time, which after a short while can cause the gun immense cooldown issues, especially on a clone.

I am probably one of a very few guys on here who have had more pistols than Fireknife.

I must admit i have a fair few but the majority of mine have been plastic slided due to the reasons above, i will always take plastic over metal and hope soon to get a metal slide KWA or similar to test mt theory for myself.

'FireKnife'

• 4 weeks later...

Now youve said the FPS can be pushed to 300fps using a tightbore (was going to buy with the pistol) and the mag shims (looking into them for my other pistols) then im basically sold on the PX4.

Hey guys, what are these infamous mag shims that you are talking about? Someone explain please. Pics would be diamond.

Darcy

• 1 month later...

Now I will say I never had a TM I can admit that. But I have had 2 WE 1911 MEU's (still have them both) and a SOCOM GEAR 1911 MEU (one of the originals to).

MY WE 1911's haven't failed me once. I was even able to use them in the winter as long as I didn't rapid fire. I at one time had a slight problem with one of them but due to my own fault of reassembling the hop up improperly. The metal the WE's are made of has held up for a long time and I have yet to have any damage. As for gas efficiency I generally can get 2 Mags on a warm day with a 7-8 second fill. Cold day generally one mag and maybe about 5-7 more shots. Though if I rapid fire that 2 mag thing doesn't happen haha.

Now as for the SOCOM GEAR 1911 MEU. It did come with trades, unlike the WE's personally I don't like trades I like the clean look but to each there own. Though with the SG1911 I noticed it feels a bit heavier and sturdier then the WE's. It also comes with a recoil buffer kit on the spring guide (which is just an O-ring and a washer pretty much). Gas effectiveness is about the same.

Oh and also a small fun fact I posted in another post, I learned from someone who actually works for SOCOM GEAR that they are not associated with WE they actually belong to Madbull.

So unlike most people it seems I have been really lucky with my WE's. I never had the trouble most seem to have except from my own mistakes. and I have had them for 3 years now.

I had also noticed there was a weight difference between the WE and SOCOM 1911s... Different company kinda explains it I guess.

I believe that WE uses typical pot metals, while SOCOM GEAR uses some heavier and better quality metal. I also noticed that the WE tarnishes faster then the SOCOM. I have a custom paint job on my WE's, and after I sanded them down it took me a day to get a can of clear spray paint for its clear coat. In that day it did get some moisture on it and it tarnished quickly requiring me to sand it again. Very annoying.

Archived