WE 1911 Pistols... A little TM PX4 Storm

bankz5152

Pistols? Which?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Would would you get based on below?

• TM PX4 Storm + 2 Mags
    • WE 1911/MEU + 4 Mags

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got mine today, delivered in less than 24 hours!!

Absolutly INCREDABLE. Managed to get 60+ kills using nothing but the PX4. Honestly can't explain how amazing this pistol is, the action is amazing, trigger pull is so short you can double tap like theres no tomorrow.

Thank *fruitcage* I started this thread and didnt ###### my money away on a 1911.

Best airsoft purchase since my WE G39!

Got mine today, delivered in less than 24 hours!!

Absolutly INCREDABLE. Managed to get 60+ kills using nothing but the PX4. Honestly can't explain how amazing this pistol is, the action is amazing, trigger pull is so short you can double tap like theres no tomorrow.

Thank *fruitcage* I started this thread and didnt ###### my money away on a 1911.

Best airsoft purchase since my WE G39!

glad you like its ok when people say buy this and buy that but at the end of the day there thoughts might not match up to yours

The last pistol I bought was the SOCOM 1911 Punisher custom and got used to the single action pretty quick. After a while I was fooling around with my previous sidearm wich was a WE Beretta M92FS Inox and I couldn't believe how disgusted I now was of the trigger pull from the double action on that thing... the next day it was traded for a second SOCOM 1911 Punisher custom, you know just to be safe ;)

Btw the recent WE pistols, especialy the 1911s, are much improved from their early days, both QC wise and the built materials. And to all the TM fanboys out there, yes they are good quality pistols BUT can't really be used stock on propane and to have a proper working, REALISTIC (i.e. full metal body) 1911, you'll have to throw quite a bit of money at it. I just can't stand a replica pistol that doesn't replicate the built materials (like a plastic 1911), but that's just me... ;) I did tho have fun building up my TM Glock 18c and once you slap on a metal slide, it's realistic enough for my tastes.

Except the PX4 has been designed for use with propane. Supprisingly the trigger pull on the PX4 is very short, super easy to double tap anyone.

I dont normally do reviews though im tempted to do a long one for this pistol.

So far in my eyes -

WE = GBBR

TM = Pistols

KSC = SMGs

I couldn't believe how disgusted I now was of the trigger pull from the double action on that thing...

Did you know you can cock the hammer first?

yes they are good quality pistols BUT can't really be used stock on propane

Yes you can.

you'll have to throw quite a bit of money at it.

No more than what you'd would put into WE pistols over the time an mbk'ed tm would last you, plus out perform said WE's

Lets not take this down to a mud slinging fight .. neither of you are sexy white t-shirt clad women so it isn't something I am looking to see.

Personally I side on TM being better pistols still at the moment but I have also noticed the increase in quality of WE .... plus I have found true love in my WE Scar so I love them for GBBr's.

Pretty much I agree with Bankz opinion on best of which worlds. +1 to that.

Did you know you can cock the hammer first?

Is this a joke? Do you even know the principles of single and double-action? You realise in both cases we're talking about shooting them after raking the slides?

Yes you can.

Not with a metal body. Else it won't last very long.

No more than what you'd would put into WE pistols over the time an mbk'ed tm would last you, plus out perform said WE's

Maybe I just take better care of my pistols than most but out perform? Not in any significant manner. Haven't put up a single dollar on it since buying it, still going strong as a primary/secondary after 2 years... Like I said earlier, fanboys will be fanboys but saying the same tired lines over and over doesn't make them true.

TMs are good pistols but not the be all end all that fanboys make them out to be. WEs are not better than TMs but IMO are a better bang for you buck especialy if you go full metal like was my case in point. You also have to take into account that the performance/quality of a full metal TM 1911 depends on the talent of the person that build it up and the quality of the replacement/upgrade parts.

Lets not take this down to a mud slinging fight .. neither of you are sexy white t-shirt clad women so it isn't something I am looking to see.

Personally I side on TM being better pistols still at the moment but I have also noticed the increase in quality of WE .... plus I have found true love in my WE Scar so I love them for GBBr's.

Pretty much I agree with Bankz opinion on best of which worlds. +1 to that.

Oh I agree also 100%. Never said WE pistols were better than TMs, just that they're not as craptastic as some people make them out to be. The differences between a good pistol brand and a very good one are just not that great.

As I said before the PX4 was designed to use Propane due to the rising popularity of it.

Tbh ive only owned x2 TM Desert Eagles, 5.7 & PX4.

TM Desert Eagle - Plastic - Green Gas/Propane for about 9 years with zero problems

TM FN 5.7 - Plastic - Green/Propane for 2 years though now it recoils far too much causing the slide to jam, as it was designed more for 134a/duster gas - Filling down the valve knocker so it should be fine shortly

TM PX4 - Polymer - Designed for propane, fire about 400 rounds thus far with zero performance or general issues

All also work in the old (except the DE now as its metal now)

KSC MP9 - Polymer - Run on propane for 1.5 years with zero trouble except in the winter when its very cold

What im trying to say is that it does not need to be metal to run propane at all. Thing is metal bodies are great and what not though in the winter they fail, especially WE pistols in anything below 16C.

After looking into more I went for the PX4 due to the exellent reviews and winter use.

Well I own a TM G18c and even tho it was made with propane in mind (improved hammer spring for example), it has known issues in the long run without any upgrades. I'm sure on that side of things TM won't stop to try and improve their model's performance on propane in the futur and the PX4 is probably the better for it.

I agree metal kits aren't to counter the propane use, my premise for this whole thing (and it's only my phylosophy on airsoft in general) is that if the real steel version of a pistol is made of metal, you need the replica to be made of metal hence the "realism" side of it suffers. To me airsoft is all about trying to be as close to the real thing as possible and a full plastic 1911 just doesn't cut it (for me). Every model I ever bought has to weigh the same as the RS, have trades, etc... I even go as far as only playing real caps and even switched to GBBRs for that. I would never have bought the Glock without a metal slide... and once you start with the metal upgrades, you need the recoil spring, buffers, etc...

Of course winter use is a whole other issue, I only do indoor games in the winter so that's not a factor for me. ;) So if you don't mind the plastic slide and went for performance only, the PX4 was surely the better choice for you. If I were you I would've probably bought both. :D

neither of you are sexy white t-shirt clad women so it isn't something I am looking to see.

You obviously haven't seen me in my sexy white t-shirt. Realy the difference in trigger pull once the hammers back is virtually non existant ,unless thats just the case with WE m9's .You can easily run an mbk'ed tm pistol with stock inturnals .Uprated hammer and recoil springs only hinder the performance by making cycling harder. A stock tm inturnal with an mbk will work better in the cold ,and suffer less with cool down than a stock WE. The stock abs tm's on a whole work fine with propane .My friends run his 13 odd year old tm m9 primarily on green, and its still kicking without anything having to be fixed .I'd like to see a stock WE last 13 years. The only upgrades worth doing on gbb pistols imo are efficiency upgrades. Yes the WE has got the metal ,but most lack the nice trades you say you like. My point is there is the out the box here it is its done of WE ,but you'll pay more in the long run for that quick fix. I'll always go with quality over quantity, and performance over look. I did the whole upgraded mbk tm ,then bought another and did all the same upgrades bar the mbk when it got cold. The mbk'ed one hasn't been used for a while. Not that its too cold for it ,I just like the way the abs one shoots and its efficency.

Ok im deffinatley sold on the PX4. Im excited now!

Elite Shooting Center are closed!!

you will not regret buying any TM pistol...

-brendan

edit: ahh ######, didnt realise there was an extra 2 pages before posting

..previous sidearm wich was a WE Beretta M92FS Inox and I couldn't believe how disgusted I now was of the trigger pull from the double action on that thing...

That'll be down to the fact the WE Beretta is the biggest waste of materials known to Airsoft... I owned one and it's gotta be the most dissapointing thing i'd ever owned...

Btw the recent WE pistols, especialy the 1911s, are much improved from their early days, both QC wise and the built materials. And to all the TM fanboys out there, yes they are good quality pistols BUT can't really be used stock on propane and to have a proper working, REALISTIC (i.e. full metal body) 1911, you'll have to throw quite a bit of money at it.

The last WE 1911 i bought was from the current recent batch; a 5.1 Desert Warrior. Sure, it felt nice and hefty and made good noises - But a TM 1911 would have outlasted it on Propane, and still will. With the stock plastic parts. Every WE 1911 i've bought, i've bought considering it a consumable down to the price and knowledge it'll wear itself out after a year, or 2 at most. The WE 1911 is fine - If you want a metal gun that doesn't break the bank for use in the summer or in warmer climates. I've had enough WE 1911's to know they won't last forever with hard use - A TM 1911, entirely stock, will always outlast a WE 1911 with propane useage.

TM pistols, with one or two exceptions, are reliable on Green Gas, outshoot WE's, outlast them, are better designed and have better aftermarket support. There's also the fact that yeah, purchasing and MBK'ing a TM 1911 will cost 3 times what a WE will; However, it'll last 10 times longer, shoot a lot better and work better in the cold. You'll also be able to build it to exactly your specifications with the amount of parts available.

Archived