Airsoft CQB P90 Setup

suppressedkilla123

I am reletively new to the relm of high ROF airsoft guns. I am going to being playing some CQB at the Citadel in Worchester, MA so I need a high ROF gun to play with. I already decided on an Echo 1 e90 (P90), and am going to completely re-do the internals. I already know what im going to change for air compression parts, but am unsure what exactly to pick for the gears and the motor. I might change the stock gears depending on my ROF with them, but am definetely replacing the motor. I was thinking about a Matrix Turbo High Speed Motor which you guys will probably think is ######, but after owning their high torque motor I know its very nice qaulity for the price. I am trying to keep it at about 20rps on a 9.6v 1600mah intellect battery to keep it reliable, so I think having a systema 1J spring, high speed motor, and standard gears shoud be fine for this. Also even though I dont think it will be a problem, should I shave any teeth of the front of the piston, or the gears, and if so how many? Any suggestions on this setup are welcome, but keep in mind that I want to keep all the parts at a good price for the value, reliable, and about 20RPS.

You wouldnt need to short stroke the piston/gears for 20rps, this is only done when your pushing for very high rof.

I would suggest the g&p M120 motor (im not sure what length the p90 uses) ive not used the matrix one so i couldnt comment about it.

With a 9.6v and a high speed motor you should be able to acheive your goal pretty easy.

Unless you've already bought the Echo 1, get a stock TM P90 and don't touch it. A decent 9.6 or 7.4v lipo will easily run 20RPS, and the internals should hold up forever. The stock hopup and bucking will easily outrange your opposition aswell. I've never seen a clone P90 that didn't break shortly after purchase.

Unless you've already bought the Echo 1, get a stock TM P90 and don't touch it. A decent 9.6 or 7.4v lipo will easily run 20RPS, and the internals should hold up forever. The stock hopup and bucking will easily outrange your opposition aswell. I've never seen a clone P90 that didn't break shortly after purchase.

I knew some one would say this. I have not bought it but I want the metal upper receiver even though I am sure the tokyo mauri plastic one is good. Also seeing how I'm gonna replace almost all the internals it doesn't matter how *suitcasey* the stock internals are. Also ive heard tokyo mauri gears suck really bad, and cannot handle even a 9.6v. I also want it to shoot about 330fps, and I do want to look for a tokyo mauri stock p90 hopup unit. Lastly it will cost more for me, I just want to know what people think is a good setup for about 20rps on a 9.6v 1600mah intellect battery. This only involves the gears and motor.

Also ive heard tokyo mauri gears suck really bad, and cannot handle even a 9.6v.

were"d you hear this ? as its utter B****x mate , i"ve been running a stock one for about 4yrs , with firstly a 9.6v 2200 and now a 7.4 lipo and not had a single problem with it . i do think buying a clone and totaly re-building it will probably cost a hell of a lot more than you think (been there found out first hand )but ultimetly your desition on what you want to do is yours so go with what makes you happy .

I have done out the math a buch of times, and its cheaper to do what I want with an echo 1 p90. I never said the thing about the gears is true, its what I heard somewhere. But back to my question, what are some good high speed motors at relatively good prices, and will acheive about 20rps on a 9.6v 1600mah battery with standard ratio gears?

I have done out the math a buch of times, and its cheaper to do what I want with an echo 1 p90.

How much were you factoring in for the used TM? Used stock TM P90s can often be found for under $120. My most recent one, grabbed off these forums, ran me $100 shipped with 7 mags. Sure, a used stock E90 can run as low as like $100, but if you're going with an E90 and planning to replace the hop up chamber with a TM one, it's either going to be expensive (maybe $30+ if you can't find someone randomly getting rid of theirs) or somewhat hard to find. Maybe Federal Airsoft over at the Citadel might be able to source one, but it does add a bit to the price of the E90 build.

I knew some one would say this. I have not bought it but I want the metal upper receiver even though I am sure the tokyo mauri plastic one is good. Also seeing how I'm gonna replace almost all the internals it doesn't matter how *suitcasey* the stock internals are. Also ive heard tokyo mauri gears suck really bad, and cannot handle even a 9.6v. I also want it to shoot about 330fps, and I do want to look for a tokyo mauri stock p90 hopup unit. Lastly it will cost more for me, I just want to know what people think is a good setup for about 20rps on a 9.6v 1600mah intellect battery. This only involves the gears and motor.

TM gears will last a very long time, even with a upgraded spring and motor. Just swap out the plastic bushings for metal ones, use a 9.6v and you are good-to-go. TM P90 GBs and the internals are outstanding and are worth the money.

If you wanted quality externals, you should have gone with a CA.

Well even though it was about the internal setup thanks for all the feedback. I completely know how good tokyo mauri is, and that they are very good, but I am going to do an echo1 cpm (AK74u). So now what im askin is what a good motor for around 25rps? I have heard alot of good things about the G&P m120 high speed, and before I was changing alot of the cylinder assembly before for durablity. Also I know its a shity echo1 but the stock internals dont matter, I just want the body basically.

One of my team recently got a TM P90 for some CQB games and I was impressed with the performance. Came shooting 280fps and was getting a man sized target out to just short of 40M. RoF was nothing special but more than enough. Not really sure why you want a high RoF for CQB anyways . . .

Externals were kinda 'meh' though - not as good as the CA or other make that I've held but cant remember.

Archived